• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Power Rankings: Updated 02/04/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshowxela

Smash Cadet
I moved to Beaverton's Cedar Hills area a few months ago and I'd really like to play some competitive melee. I'll look around AiB but I haven't found anything yet. Details plz.

debaser

Smash Lord
There are a good handful of players, but we have no where to consistently host stuff :/

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
WEll GAmeclucks is this weekend in WA if anyone is down. Canada is coming down and so we are gonna put together a nice melle tourney if anyone is interested. If not Ill catch u all at grunts tourney on the 11th in vancouver wa.

haha that was a cute vid lol

and yea I see I think Ive befriended most of u on aib. I just think smashboards is more official. its legit melee thats all. but yea I want some games wit u guys sometime

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
AIB really. The boards is soo much more official looking lol. who needs friends and trophies lol.

Are baloon, aftermath, or juce goin to that vancouver tourney?

Rhea

Smash Cadet
I think the Oregon melee scene could have utilized a PR a little better to enhance competition.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Im going to be in Lake Oswego for 2 weeks tomorrow, doubt I will be able to smash but maybe, maybe.

I know mogwai is gonna be in town in the portland area from like friday-monday

Rhea

Smash Cadet
How is mogwai going to be in Portland this Friday-Monday when Genesis is this Friday-Sunday?

Rhea

Smash Cadet
Hmm, well, I know I'd love to play you guys. (after Genesis). We have Aftermath, Juce and Peach Master up in Portland and they are some of our top players. I live in Salem but it's only 45 minutes away from Portland.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
I'm not very good yet, I'm decent I guess.

Just started playing against humans like 6 months ago and sadly don't play as much as Id like.

I'm staying at my friends house so I might be busy the whole time and all that jazz or I might just drop it due to it might be awkward and shiiit.

Hopefully I can tho :3

keeper

Smash Champion
If we can get a Smashfest organized somewhere, I'd be willing to go since I'm not going to Genesis.

I don't think I suck too much. I got 7th at the last Oregon tournament and got knocked out at the hands of Juce and Aftermath.

Let's get something going maybe? That'd be awesome. o_o

Edit:

Minh plays so fast it's scary. I can't keep up with him, YET. I need to learn that **** Falco match-up.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Sooooo I'm going to be in Eugene from Saturday-Wednesday. I'm down to smash anytime after that. Juce and I live together in Sherwood. Aftermath basically lives with us, but he is going back to his home to play on the computer and workout haha. I'd be down to have anyone over smash. Juce probably would be as well. I don't really want to travel unless I can have a ride there and back (I'm dumb :p).

Rhea and Scidadle, I don't know who you guys are, but I'd be down to play with you guys.

Kaos, our PR would probably look like this now

1st: Juce (my opinion. Balloon and Juce's positions could easily be argued with who gets the top spot)

2nd: Balloon

3rd: Probably Aftermath

4th: Minh or me. I haven't entered a tournament seriously for awhile. Although I got 7th using only Ice Climbers when I picked them up in less then a week. And got 9th with only Ganondorf when I picked him up like 3 days before for a marth counter and I didn't play any marths haha. I got 5th at the Vancouver tournament. I plan to play seriously at G.O. 2.5/3

5th: Minh/me

6th: I'd say Jayce

beyond that it's pretty sketchy. We have a lot of players growing and getting better. Keeper, BC, ZodiacMofat, Some random guy in Eugene who was pretty good, Erk, Moochero. It's all a big toss up.

keeper

Smash Champion
Sooooo I'm going to be in Eugene from Saturday-Wednesday. I'm down to smash anytime after that. Juce and I live together in Sherwood. Aftermath basically lives with us, but he is going back to his home to play on the computer and workout haha. I'd be down to have anyone over smash. Juce probably would be as well. I don't really want to travel unless I can have a ride there and back (I'm dumb :p).

Rhea and Scidadle, I don't know who you guys are, but I'd be down to play with you guys.

Kaos, our PR would probably look like this now

1st: Juce (my opinion. Balloon and Juce's positions could easily be argued with who gets the top spot)

2nd: Balloon

3rd: Probably Aftermath

4th: Minh or me. I haven't entered a tournament seriously for awhile. Although I got 7th using only Ice Climbers when I picked them up in less then a week. And got 9th with only Ganondorf when I picked him up like 3 days before for a marth counter and I didn't play any marths haha. I got 5th at the Vancouver tournament. I plan to play seriously at G.O. 2.5/3

5th: Minh/me

6th: I'd say Jayce

beyond that it's pretty sketchy. We have a lot of players growing and getting better. Keeper, BC, ZodiacMofat, Some random guy in Eugene who was pretty good, Erk, Moochero. It's all a big toss up.
If you PM me an address to where in Sherwood and a date on either here of AiB, I'd be up for a Melee all Daylee since Sherwood isn't far from where I am at ALL.

Haha, don't forget at G.O. v1.0 you forgot you were doing ICs only for a couple matches against Kami and I think someone else. Besides, you had the ICs' chain grab down pat by then, which was pretty impressive.

Also, I agree with your PR. It'd be awesome to see you play against Minh too.

Paff from Klamath Falls, the Peach that hosts the OIT tourneys was pretty decent if I do say. He reaffirmed my hate for Peach.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
So there is going to be a smashfest at Jesse and I's domain. It's in Sherwood. I'll post a address later. Eggz is interested in coming. He would bring like 5+ people. Jesse knows these 6 people who are coming as well. I will be there. So umm yeah. Everyone should come because it will ****. Oh the smashfest is this friday.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Mogwai is leaving Friday so it's probably a better idea to have it maybe Thursday.

Unless it's a work/school problem

Id have to ask my dad who's here with me to drive me over, it's pretty close to here from what my friend told me.

Hope you guys are okay with a 15 year old coming over.

Kira-

Smash Champion
What's the average attendance of your tournaments? Will most of you be going to TourneyPlay 3?

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Scidadle, Juce and I encourage any age to come over haha. Except maybe like your 8 year old brother :p. We can't have it on today. It will be friday and I would assume saturday. Bring a set up if you can. Even just a GC and Melee would be good.

Kira, most of us in Oregon will be going to tourneyplay. Our tournament sizes are nowhere near CA, but when Oregon, Washington and Idaho all combine. Which is usually monthly. We average 50-60 people. Tourneyplay 3 is going to be REALLY big. So I'd definitely go to that if you were planning to. You won't be disappointed. Also, you should check out G.O. v3 which is in Oregon. It's in October and it's going to be pretty large as well. Norcal has confirmed attendance. It will have all of Washington. All of Oregon. Plus a lot of randoms in Oregon since it's at a university. We are welcoming all students and locals. With flyers and pretty stuff like that. It should have Idaho from what I know. Our goal is 85+. You could come and play melee with all of us :). You could see some of the northwest competition!

-Everyone, remember that the smashfest is THIS Friday A.K.A tomorrow. It's pretty soon. We were going to have it next week, but we decided on tomorrow. Just a warning there are cats and dogs in the room we will be playing. So if any of you guys are allergic to one of those two animals. You might want to bring a tissue or something. All of you can spend the night. Finding a room sleep would be pretty difficult. Just because you probably don't want to sleep on the floor where animals have been. Just bring sleeping bags or blankets. Bring pillows as well. So yeah, all of you come. You can come as well Kira :D.

*Here is the address. I'm just going to post it here because I don't think any of you are going to mail me like a bomb or something

*Address: 450 se cochran dr or 22755 sw cochran dr mapquest is weird and doesn't work for one sometimes

*Contact info:
-My Aim: funktastic888888
-Juces phone #: 503-332-7425

*As I think I've said before, but am too lazy to actually look if I have or not. This is going to be more than likely ALL Melee. If there is enough setups for everyone to play. Maybe 1 or two of you want to play brawl. We'll think about having a set up. I play Brawl, so I don't have a problem with it. We'll see how things work out.

*Just to clear up anything in the slightest confusion. I'm Peach Masta, Jiggle Jammer, and OMGage. So if you guys have heard one of those 3 names. I'm the same person haha.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
I would but my friends GC is garbage.

In the middle of a match it says "Disc can not be read" and you have to open and close it for it to read again.\

Didn't even realize it was thursday xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom