• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Order you mained characters + Reasons

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
Started out as Mario, because he was quite easy to use as a noob. Didn't like Kirby or Pika, back then everyone just spammed over and over which I found no fun at all. Eventually moved on to Falcon, because a guy online showed me the basic combos with him, which I got down. At this point I learned to Z cancel consistently. Moved on to DK, since I have always enjoyed heavy characters, and from there learned everyone else. In the end, my mains go:

1. DK
2. Mario
3. Falcon

There needs to be more DK love ;_;

UnF-air

Smash Cadet
I started out with fox because I played melee first and lets be honest, fox OWNS melee. As I learned the intricacies of 64 I quickly discovered the raw power of the DJC. Initially I played as Ness but eventually got bored of dominating with the Down-Aerial accompanied with DJC/Short hop so I wanted to make a change.

That’s when I discovered my main, YOSHI. His F-Air spike and Back-Air are both amazing with DJC but what really hooked me was the Down-Air. Something about doing +40% in one move is just too good to ignore. Also, you can pretty much toss his eggs anywhere your heart desires and they are powerful and have a large AOE. The list goes on: difficult to meteor-smash him (cry more ness/kirby), powerful smashes, good tilts, and to top it all off the insanely powerful BUDARING-HA. I could go on all day...

Zen Yore

Smash Ace
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, North America, Earth
I started out with fox because I played melee first and lets be honest, fox OWNS melee. As I learned the intricacies of 64 I quickly discovered the raw power of the DJC. Initially I played as Ness but eventually got bored of dominating with the Down-Aerial accompanied with DJC/Short hop so I wanted to make a change.

That’s when I discovered my main, YOSHI. His F-Air spike and Back-Air are both amazing with DJC but what really hooked me was the Down-Air. Something about doing +40% in one move is just too good to ignore. Also, you can pretty much toss his eggs anywhere your heart desires and they are powerful and have a large AOE. The list goes on: difficult to meteor-smash him (cry more ness/kirby), powerful smashes, good tilts, and to top it all off the insanely powerful BUDARING-HA. I could go on all day...
I feel special for having your first post on my thread :bee:

UnF-air

Smash Cadet
first of many hopefully. I play all the smashes so this looks to be the right place for me.

B Link

Smash Lord

wait until you play yoshi against some good players...you will probably change chars.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
wait until you play yoshi against some good players...you will probably change chars
What? Yoshi does fine vs good players.

And thnx Daed but my Yoshi prolly seems better than it is because I'm pritty much the only one who plays him online.

infernovia

Smash Ace
My main went from falcon to pikachu.

Falcon is fun because of dashdancing, combos, and just incredibly easy to move around. Usually playing on a keyboard so thats a plus.

Then kirby kept being gay (suck takes out all frontal approaches) so I picked up pikachu. I can beat gay kirbys, its just easier to just go up against them with pika.

I am now diversifying to all the characters.

Agi

Smash Lord
Tigerbombz do you get tired of typing like a ****** or does it come naturally by now? YADADA
WIN
Back on topic...

Kirby>Samus>Kirby>Jigglypuff>Kirby...

I keep coming back to kirby! Arrgh! But I do love the meteor drill, yup yup.

Parallax

Smash Cadet
Fox > Ness

Fox because his forward dash is LEET when you are 10 years old playing other 10 year olds.

When I stepped onto the online competitive scene over half a decade later I was forced to learn to z cancel. Fortunately, Ness did not require z canceling in order to perform SUPER LEET combos that have people saying 'zomg your so pro'.

MattNF

Smash Lord
You have no idea what you're talking about.
What? I'm pretty sure he's right. If you're approaching from the front only then I don't think Falcon can do anything to get around it. Maybe an F-Smash, but I'm not even sure if that will work. If a Kirby is using suck you're forced to:

1. come in from above
2. wait until he stops
3. come from behind

B Link

Smash Lord
i am laughing so hard at all of these melee/brawlers that are coming to our forum thinking they know what they're talking about :laugh:

Superstar

Smash Champion
Speaking of which, I really need to change my sig [Edit: Done although text cuts off...too big...], I got bored of Brawl. A long time ago. I play it every so often, but I vastly prefer other stuff.

Only character I've ever used is Mario. Sure he's easy, but he's my fav videogame character. Thinking of picking up Fox, but I keep sucking. I'll get it eventually.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
smashboardsnoob1 : zomg liek i tried brawl an i didn lieks it

smashboardsnoob2 : zomg me 2

smashboardsnoob1 : we r so unique

smashboardsnoob2 : ya i liek melee better

smashboardsnoob1 : lets make out

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
*Looks at the above posts*

A bit of a digression...

Anywho:
Link > Link > Samus > Link

I went right to the hooded hero after playing Ocarina of Time, and I really refused to use anyone else after that.

Then I tested out the rest of the roster, and found I was most comfortable with Link still.

Then Samus because I loved camping on the helipad in Saffron City with a fully charged blast.

Then right back to Link because I just can't help it.

Sure, he has a recovery that lifts him about 2 inches, but few things are as satisfying as nailing someone with a bomb across the entire Hyrule Castle stage. Also his boomerang and that sharp, stabbing noise of his Dair finding his target is oh-so beautiful.

B Link

Smash Lord

A bit of a digression...

Anywho:

I went right to the hooded hero after playing Ocarina of Time, and I really refused to use anyone else after that.

Then I tested out the rest of the roster, and found I was most comfortable with Link still.

Then Samus because I loved camping on the helipad in Saffron City with a fully charged blast.

Sure, he has a recovery that lifts him about 2 inches, but few things are as satisfying as nailing someone with a bomb across the entire Hyrule Castle stage. Also his boomerang and that sharp, stabbing noise of his Dair finding his target is oh-so beautiful.
nope your post does not digress LOL!!

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero

A bit of a digression...

Anywho:

i fear the sound of Falcons boots cracking across links face 4-5 times in a row is far more gratifing

Superstar

Smash Champion
smashboardsnoob1 : zomg liek i tried brawl an i didn lieks it

smashboardsnoob2 : zomg me 2

smashboardsnoob1 : we r so unique

smashboardsnoob2 : ya i liek melee better

smashboardsnoob1 : lets make out
It's funny cause it's true. Especially the making out part.

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
Depends on what i'm using. On console I'm

Pikachu - Good setups good edge guarding, good flow, easy kills, fun to abuse the **** out of his easyness

and Fox - Cuz, I use fox when I wanna win. :p

Keyboard (which im currently hating cuz i've no 64 controller again)

Jigglypuff - good recovery and comfortable and anyone that knows my jiggly online knows I sandbag hard and still 4 stock ppl with her. :p

Mario/Fox - I'm just good and comfortable with them the most.

Pikachu - He seems faster on keyboard to me, but less flow and like...no spacing on keys. =\

ShaolinAce

Smash Ace
For me it was Ness, Mario and Pikachu.

Ness because of his yo yo and PK thunder. Goo recovery farthest in the game. The spike was awesome too.

Mario because of his balance and his punch and downsmash. He really had good smashes.

Pikachu because she had the best recovery and very good edgaurder. And her down be was usefuk without being overly *****.

malva00

Smash Master
1. Pikachu
2. Fox
3. Falcon
4. Kirby
5. Mario
6. JigglyPuff
7. Link
8. DK
9. Luigi
10. Yoshi
11. Ness
12. Samus

srbsBEAR

Smash Rookie
i went from kirby, to fox, to jigglypuff, to samus.

i liked the first three basically because i could be repetitive and a **** and **** people over with throws. then, like everybody, i saw how that got you nowhere eventually, and started using samus because jesus its so much fun. i know shes low on the tier scale thing but im in love with that woman and her robot death suit

linkrick

Smash Rookie
well... my listo goes like this

Samus>Pikachu>Link>Mario

well, i know that samus is a low tier char, but i think that is a well char, u know that she's a char that can deffend herself in every way... i know it cuz i play everyday with a pikachu(top tier) and my friend plays SOOO MUCH GOOD! and we enyoy a good fight and deppends in errors the way the end of the battle... i'm not agree with that tier list cuz i think that samus is in middle or even in top... well u need to see more samus players and take opinions :D

NixxxoN

Smash Master
No question, Samus is a ton of fun. Just like Link, low tier but full of tricks. But... but in Samus' case.... what about combos?!? :psycho:
She hasnt many combos but cmon, her dair to bair and dair to plasma ball are good. She can do several wall combos too. And her up+b and spike are very good too.

Top Bottom