• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ontario Power Rankings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
i agree with most except for jack and dshi being above bernal (never mind alan and myself) seems kinda out of the blue

hamilton got this tho. once i become a full time link main mans will know whats up.

Engo

Smash Ace
The list is ok except for dshi. Him being above kason and chalcogen is strange. Especially Kason because kason has tied or outplaced him at everything on the list of tourneys considered (and everything in general..)not to mention kason is more active and has a record of beating solid players.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I feel Dshi is well-placed.

Nightmare isn't PR but upset Kason
Keatsta isn't PR but upset Dshi
Aside from those two losses, neither of them really have any "bad" losses

What it really came down to is the fact that Dshi beat Bernal. Though admittedly it was one of the tighter placements.

AustinBlack vs HammerTom basically came down to good wins vs bad losses. We gave the nod to Captain Coffee on this rendition of the ON PR for his consistency, but if Tom continues to take down players like Idea and Raynex then we'll bump him. Because upsets are sexy.

Dylan has a positive record on Bernal.

Last edited:

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
yeah i guess i was just remember dylan vs juan wrongizzle.

also allan, like, almost beat james when they played in brampton. the set could have easily gone either way, esp considering allan through game one playing falco on fd (lol wtf)

yet james is 5th and allan is 14th i donno. i guess its going to feel wierd cause literally everyone from 5th to 15th are all sooooo close in skill, our scene is just too fking good. love it.

edit: excuse my fobby engrish, sorry. 我的英语不好.

Last edited:

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
yeah i guess i was just remember dylan vs juan wrongizzle.

also allan, like, almost beat james when they played in brampton. the set could have easily gone either way, esp considering allan through game one playing falco on fd (lol wtf)

yet james is 5th and allan is 14th i donno. i guess its going to feel wierd cause literally everyone from 5th to 15th are all sooooo close in skill, our scene is just too fking good. love it.

edit: excuse my fobby engrish, sorry. 我的英语不好.

I don't mean to be rude or condescending in any way but like...this is supposed to be a measure of consistency rather than prospective skill. Granted I believe that chalcogen is very good and he in fact had the set won (whether he threw the falco game or not is irrelevant...he wanted to try it and he did. That's part of the decision making that comes with competition.) I still scratched it out somehow...and in the end it counts as a win. Conversely I could say the same about Jack vs Chalcogen...and that was almost a 2-0. Anyway my point is, instead of squabbling about little bits of information here and there just work to place consistently and do well - this is where our community will shine (lol) and what the whole point of this is. If I lost I would have had to hold it and try again another day. Just like when Izek was getting really good and beat me and just like how Reis did the same. I'm glad we're hype but please compile legitimate information before you fire shots ^_^ cause everyone is getting better...not just the spacie/marth/sheik players OK? #Krispybox

Also idk how deep seeded this is but a lot of this peach hate needs to die. You noobs ( reserved for anyone who believes they should just auto win and peach is too ez mode) need to get better at the MU and that in turn will make you a better player...Study, don't complain.

Last edited:

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
There is and always has been a bunch. It also manifests itself in comments that aren't necessary. I personally don't care cause it just means the salt I throw in the wounds is that much more potent but it may turn more people away in the future when they start to improve; I'd rather nip that in the butt right now.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
yo james i didn't fire any shots sorry if it seemed that way man. just legit points/questions i have on the mind. and kk is right, allan did lose to seena. (let's go seena!)

and i got peach hate. tones of it, but i think the MU is kinda fun.

Engo

Smash Ace
If you go by recent placings (rather than proven skill through history of significant wins) then Dshi should be over Chalcogen. Kason outplaced him at every tournament though so that I really don't agree with.

Coffeeblack

Smash Journeyman
If you go by recent placings (rather than proven skill through history of significant wins) then Dshi should be over Chalcogen. Kason outplaced him at every tournament though so that I really don't agree with.
Waterloo prob has something to do with dshis placing lol. Mans getting good doe

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
It's w/e I'm just saying, paying attention to what's going on rather than what you want to believe is a good way to go. Letting this stupid list go to your head is silly. Dylan is getting mad good (so is everyone else) and honestly getting too attached to this is going to make you hate this game a lot more when people like Izek / Reis / I.B / sauc3 / and our random hidden bosses come back.

You should have the heart you had back when we were "The word" you know :p? This list isn't absolute at all. IMO even including 1-4.

Last edited:

SAUS

Smash Ace
Is Ottawa going to be part of this PR? We are in Ontario after all :p

I understand that it would be hard to place us anywhere since there have been so few games between Ottawa and GTA players, but I do believe that we should be considered.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
We'd love to include you guys. We just need to coordinate some tournaments that we can all attend.

Last edited:

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
Is Ottawa going to be part of this PR? We are in Ontario after all :p

I understand that it would be hard to place us anywhere since there have been so few games between Ottawa and GTA players, but I do believe that we should be considered.
do you actually play link?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom