• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Play Tier

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ike fails at online, unlike what everyone else thinks. It messes up his jab canceling, it makes it so he Nair's off the edge a lot more often (which equals death), and he can't get his smashes to come out soon enough.

Seriously, online kills Ike's game. He needs no lag to have an actual chance to time things with his slower attacks: the input lag screws him over more times then it helps him.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I main Ike. I would know how online effects Ike. It kills him more then it helps him. For every time you gets a Fsmash kill that was through online lag, he has been killed 3 times by online lag. It screws up his game too much. Nairs off the ledge =/= ****** online.

It's gotten to a point where unless I'm playing a one on one with a few certain people on my friend list, I'll use Falcon before I even think about touching Ike online.

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
I main Ike. I would know how online effects Ike. It kills him more then it helps him. For every time you gets a Fsmash kill that was through online lag, he has been killed 3 times by online lag. It screws up his game too much. Nairs off the ledge =/= ****** online.

It's gotten to a point where unless I'm playing a one on one with a few certain people on my friend list, I'll use Falcon before I even think about touching Ike online.
Then you just have problems using him. i mean captain falcon before Ike? And i use ike too, i know how he plays. Edgeguarding with Fsmash is just too good.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Then you just have problems using him. i mean captain falcon before Ike? And i use ike too, i know how he plays. Edgeguarding with Fsmash is just too good.
I have no problems with him offline. Like, at all. Besides just getting better in general but everyone has that problem offline. Edgeguarding with Fsmash only works on noobs when playing against anyone, or against recoveries that don't auto snap (Aether, Wario's Up B). Any other time they just grab the edge because Ike's timing is off due to the varying input lag. Same case with Dtilt and Eruption.

Sure, Ike is fine against 8 year olds online, but that isn't what this is about. Against people who know what they are doing online, Ike sucks. He gets combo'd more due to input lag, has no way of getting people out of his face (as due to imput lag jab doesn't come out fast enough), and get's nair'd off the ledge a lot more. I'd say he so bad online to the point where he sucks more online then he "sucks" offline.

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
Nintendofreak is 100% right, I hate playing as Ike online but secondary him, Snake have the same problem

*Gets jabbed near the ledge into a nair and falls to his death*

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Online destroys Fox Multi-Shine-Game a lot -.-

Ya know what i mean... (side-b instead of down-b... -.-)

Snake maybe gets a buff but nade-catching is much more complicated :/

And I overuses Nades like hell so it nerves my snake-play >_<

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Ike is top tier. Like, press A to win material.

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
Ike certainly isn't helped by lag everyone who get hit by random Fsmashes and lose because of it need to learn to play

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
metaknight still wins.
Whorenado does his work :chuckle:

@FK7: But whhhyyyyy xD Maybe you just fight does B Spam + Side-B escape guys xD then it could be true, but otherwise i dont think fox gets that big buff :>

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Top Tier:
Lag.

Lag controls the entire match. It manipulates spacing, plays the ultimate mindgames, and it makes Sonic slow. WTF is that about?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
The amount of people who think Ike is some sort of online beast are either: a) Fools b) Johners c) all of the above.

I seriously cannot comprehend why you'd think a character whose entire game is spacing and timing is somehow any good in a setting where you can neither properly gauge the distance between the characters nor can you comprehend and input an attack to strike at the exact moment an opponent is vulnerable.

I suppose if a terrible Ike goes around, spams Fsmash and hits you with it once even though you've completely punished him for every other time (And the one time he hit you was YOUR OWN **** FAULT), that makes him excellent online, right?

People who say Ike is "crazy good" online probably need to actually learn to deal with him.

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
Ganon seems to work well online. My only wifi match I've ever played lasted 20 minutes because of the stop-start nature of wifi. Warlock punch was surprisingly effective, as was the up tilt. Though, its probably not good circumstances to base an online tier list on since the match was effectively unplayable.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
the Amount Of People Who Think Ike Is Some Sort Of Online Beast Are Either: A) Fools B) Johners C) All Of The Above.

I Seriously Cannot Comprehend Why You'd Think A Character Whose Entire Game Is Spacing And Timing Is Somehow Any Good In A Setting Where You Can Neither Properly Gauge The Distance Between The Characters Nor Can You Comprehend And Input An Attack To Strike At The Exact Moment An Opponent Is Vulnerable.

I Suppose If A Terrible Ike Goes Around, Spams Fsmash And Hits You With It Once Even Though You've Completely Punished Him For Every Other Time (and The One Time He Hit You Was Your Own **** Fault), That Makes Him Excellent Online, Right?

People Who Say Ike Is "crazy Good" Online Probably Need To Actually Learn To Deal With Him.
Thank-you. Seriously. >_>

Slasherx

Smash Ace
Is either lag, or you'll run into smash spammer.
Or worst of all a MK using tornado and Dsmash only.

Top Bottom