• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Sheik boards have never been really active. Doubt that's ever going to change.

Variable

Smash Ace
Sheik is pretty solid... She's just under used therefore underrated. She has a few bad MU like Ic's, but all in all she's really good. And not only that when she gets kill it so flashy... Strings of combo's being put together into a kill move, or edge guarding. It's fun to watch and play with her.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
I absolutely love Sheik's edgeguarding. So many amazing options!

I've used Sheik casually for a while, but I might pick her up as my secondary.

PS: I love you signature, Variable.

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
My favorite thing about Sheik is her quickness and the back throw (huwaaa!).
She reminds of a majestic ninja AND SPIDER-MAN!! The wall cling, the needles and the tether chain!

Plus, do you think Sheik is underrated?

I'm surprised she is not in a higher tier. That clearly shows Sheik is underrated.

We go to show these characters Sheik's potentials.

AM I RIGHT?

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Sheik doesn't have great range or killing potential. That's what seperates her from the upper tier characters (IE: Metaknight, Snake, Marth, etc...).

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sheik's reach (personal terminology; where range is distance of hitbox past nearest hurtbox, while reach is distance of hitbox from center of mass) is quite nice, but I agree that her range is typically lacking. Her raw killing potential is, for the most part, fine, but her lack of range is what makes it so difficult to actually safely land anything in this game. If the opponent is dumb or you play a phenomenal spacing game, it's easy enough to manage your ftilt decay and directly combo into usmash when it KOs; however, running a more "versatile" game of safe play and pokes will force you to go pretty late since she loses her setups.

Variable

Smash Ace
Do I think Sheik is underrated? Yes.

Do I think she is a top tier? Probably not.

I think she should be behind GaW at # 13. The very least is somewhere in C tier. No worst than R.O.B. For sure. (Not saying R.O.B. is a bad character he's just the last in the C tier.)

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Do I think Sheik is underrated? Yes.

Do I think she is a top tier? Probably not.

I think she should be behind GaW at # 13. The very least is somewhere in C tier. No worst than R.O.B. For sure. (Not saying R.O.B. is a bad character he's just the last in the C tier.)
Did I make a Sheik signature? Yes.

Is it as good as yours and will I use it? No.

I just thought I'd throw it out there. If anyone wants it, I'd be glad to show it to them and give them the IMG code.

Parallel structure. Oh me and my shenanigans :chuckle:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's entertaining to watch, but it's not nearly as good as I thought it was when it first came out. : \

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Yeah gimpy video is outdated now, here's a better video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBPISh70uII&feature=player_embedded

This one at least got a good number combos and dependable strings while also having like (pulling this of the top of my head) three things never seen before with sheik.

edit: ^-^ 2,800 post, good ****.

edit2: ha, last time I posted was the 27th.

Anyways I think I've decide the design I want

http://i48.tinypic.com/15qukq0.jpg

If I can just remove the blue background it would be perfect.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
edit2: ha, last time I posted was the 27th.

Anyways I think I've decide the design I want

http://i48.tinypic.com/15qukq0.jpg

If I can just remove the blue background it would be perfect.

The blue outline that I left is easily deleted, I just left it to show you what part of it I made transparent. Do you want me to make the transparent section white or the white section transparent?

I wouldn't be offended if you didn't really like my deleting at all by the way.

EDIT: On the topic of the video: I loved it. I loved how he incorporated some chain-jacketing and marvelous Vanish kills.

Tristan_win

Not dead.

The blue outline that I left is easily deleted, I just left it to show you what part of it I made transparent. Do you want me to make the transparent section white or the white section transparent?

I wouldn't be offended if you didn't really like my deleting at all by the way.

EDIT: On the topic of the video: I loved it. I loved how he incorporated some chain-jacketing and marvelous Vanish kills.
HMMM, well the beautiful thing about removing it completely is that I can always get it fill in later. I just need a starting point to show what I want. I'm not sure if you were around when I said it but I plan to get a sheik tattoo.

^_^ I plan to get it on my left Deltoid, no idea what scale.

Variable

Smash Ace
A tattoo of a game character??

Wow, true fan right there... (hope you really want it)
But I hate tattoo's I would never get one.. =/

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
HMMM, well the beautiful thing about removing it completely is that I can always get it fill in later. I just need a starting point to show what I want. I'm not sure if you were around when I said it but I plan to get a sheik tattoo.

^_^ I plan to get it on my left Deltoid, no idea what scale.
I'll take out all the white tomorrow- when my dad gets off of my editing computer.

Do you want me to do anything else to it? Play with the colors, add backgrounds, include sample text, etc...?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
A tattoo of a game character??

Wow, true fan right there... (hope you really want it)
But I hate tattoo's I would never get one.. =/
I would much rather have a trophy then a tattoo to be honest but unless I want to literately move near DC purely for smash then that's most likely not going to happen. I decided to not do that for various reasons, hard decisions are hard. :urg:

@Zeus removing the background will be more then enough, thanks...Although I did think about having the picture frame with the text "Sheik For" for the upper part and then bottom part "High Tier" I prefer to do that myself.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
I would much rather have a trophy then a tattoo to be honest but unless I want to literately move near DC purely for smash then that's most likely not going to happen. I decided to not do that for various reasons, hard decisions are hard. :urg:

@Zeus removing the background will be more then enough, thanks...Although I did think about having the picture frame with the text "Sheik For" for the upper part and then bottom part "High Tier" I prefer to do that myself.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l341/Mr_5p1c3y_p4ntZ/15qukq01-1.png

You know in Nintendo World in NY near the Rockafellar, they sell a Sheik statuette there. It's $70 I think but it's Sheik playing the harp and it looks so AWESOME!!!
Here's what you do:
1) Buy it.
2) Announce that you're hosting a tournament with "a prize worth $70!!!"
3) Charge an entrance fee

End up a few pretty pennies richer.

Variable

Smash Ace
Lol yeah.. that looks more like a toy then a trophey... =/

On a side note:

This is probably the most active I've ever seen the sheik boards. :)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Lol yeah.. that looks more like a toy then a trophey... =/

On a side note:

This is probably the most active I've ever seen the sheik boards. :)
That saddens me greatly :(

That sadden me so ****ing much.

WHY, why did the sheik community bomb so much?! It's ****ing stupid. IF I sat down and did 1 hour of testing, maybe two, I could make a useful thread. Sure it wouldn't spawn much debate because I would try explain everything but still why can't someone else do that? It's ****ing ********.

I'm actually very emotional right now, whatever, best of luck Sheik's

Sheik for high tier

Variable

Smash Ace
I attempted to make a good thread.. I wanted to talk about Sheiks DACUS. But... nobody thought it was a cool thread apparently. =[

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Ummm Brawl is a bad game, this game is 2 years old now and there isn't much left to talk about, and sheik isnt that good.

That's why the forum is dead lol.

Variable

Smash Ace
Ummm Brawl is a bad game, this game is 2 years old now.
Since when is Brawl a bad game? It has slight problems and differences then melee, but your going far as saying it is a BAD game? You'd rather talk about melee? Thats even more than 2 years old.

and there isn't much left to talk about,
Not anything left to talk about? There is a grand total of 13 active threads in the past month for this forum, and not very many useful threads that aren't active within the last month... I really doubt that there has been much discussion.

and sheik isnt that good.
So why do you play her?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Why do people automatically assume that the alternative is Melee when Brawl is rejected?

stealth3654

Smash Lord
The majority of people in the smash scene that say brawl is bad would rather play melee. Smash 64 is fun. :)

We need something to talk about for there to be hope of reviving the Sheik boards.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
I have an idea.

You might try a community combo video. It's a great way to get people checking out the thread, playing the character, and getting involved with the boards.

Just an idea.

Top Bottom