• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One thing to say...listen closely...

XepherOrion

Smash Cadet
Finally! I have been waiting for another Metroid character to show up since Smash 64 came out, and then...its the same person....

What disappoints me most is that, and i know many people have restated this, Ridley got the boot in the roster. Sure he's a boss and thats fun, but to tell you the truth, Zamus just doesnt fill my crave for more metroid!!!

Although Zamus has her high points, such as being able to recover from just about, oh lets say, ANYWHERE!!! However, she has her downsides. The light frame of Zamus makes it so hard to keep her on the stage when she's pummeled off. If she goes flying, she's got to have a low percentage, plus if she can recover from anywhere, she has a higher rate of being sent away by a smash attack or a grab and throw.

What really pisses me off is that there are only a few hints at Metroid Prime. Thats a few pieces of music, the Prime starter stage, Trophies, Dark samus sticker. What they needed to have was a few more playable metroid characters.

Think about it. Mario has what, 8 or 9 characters? Zelda has 4, Pokeman has 4, heck, even Kirby got his boost of charater development. Its a first to have 2 villains from the series.

And come on, ROB? He was in two games. Thats it. Two games that a few people have played and a few have heard of. Now, Ridley, and i know, impossible, but listen, COULD HAVE BEEN A CHARACTER. If they put in One more Metroid Character, I'd be a happy camper. But no, Metroid is to bad of a series to care about, so lets just make a few references to the infamous bounty hunter and give her another frickin form.

Now if they wanted to make some real money and promote the Metroid series which by the way Sakurai, A HUGE MAJORITY OF NINTENDO GAMERS LOVE, he would have put in one of the hunters. Guess what, Samus doesn't need to freakin forms. She has friends, and enemies and heres the list of them.

Dark Samus (AT or PC)
Sylux
Trace
Kanden
Weavel
Spire
Noxus
Rundas
Gandrayda
Ghor

and if you want, Ridley.

Throw in a space pirate maybe as a frickin assist trophy, but don't just say, "Oh lets just keep metroid at a minimum so that we can focus on Mario and Sonic at the Olypics and all of the other E games.

I'm not saying that Zero Suit is bad, but come on, get more creative!!! Its great that she can change forms, don't get me wrong, but seriously, make room for another hunter.

Or atleast a Pirate?

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591

She's here to stay, she's awesome deal with it.

It's Samus, it's metroid it's all good.

Also, ridley is in as a boss, TWICE. as he should be.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
The hunters just don't seem important enough to the series as a whole. Samus and Ridley are really the only characters that are pretty consistent through the whole thing. Ridley seems better as a boss to me, he doesn't really walk around like other characters, he stays flying for most of the battle. It would be kind of awkward to see Ridley lumbering around like Charizard.

Mario deserves the most representation, obviously, although I do think Zelda, Star Fox, and Pokemon get too much.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
i like to think that the inclusion of ROB is like a big "thank you" to veteran nintendo fans, and i think only they get the nostalgic trip from him being in the roster

i think dedede isn't as much of a villain as opposed to dark matter (the one responsible for possessing dedede numerous times to fight off kirby), and meta knight is more of an honorable rival than a villain. he tried to take control of dream land in super star, but he helps kirby fight off dark matter in other scenarios because it's a common threat

i don't think dark samus or ridley would have made a good character, because i think it's safe to say that zero suit samus is more unique than dark samus, and ridley is too big. a character from metroid prime hunters would have been neat though

Doval

Smash Lord
The hunters just don't seem important enough to the series as a whole.
Agreed. Nobody gives a **** about the hunters, and Ridley is too god****ed big, a concept which most people don't seem to understand (not referring to you, OP, but it's seriously been irking me for a while.)

Throwing in Zero Suit Samus was not a bad move at all. I'd rather have ZSS than one of the hunters.

ky72x

Smash Apprentice
DarkShadowRage : Hehe, nice shots.

Yeah, Ridley probably wouldn't be a good fit. Simply put, he's just too big, and downsizing him to a much smaller size would make him look ridiculous. Then again, scale is never really a focus on any of the Smash games, (look how big Pikachu is!) but it just wouldn't work.

ZSS is a very good character, and I'm glad they included her into the game. Hopefully, whenever the next SSB game comes out, she'll be included again, and maybe some other Metroid characters will be thrown into the mix as well, just for you. ;)

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I think you missed the 9,000 other threads about this in the general section 3 months ago.

Get with the program you failure.

Vro

Smash Lord
Your logic about inclusion of other characters from other Nintendo franchise's lacks any basis. Mario is the best selling franchise in all of history, as is Pokemon. Kirby is created by HAL, so it'd be natural to see more inclusion.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I think Zero Suit Samus is a better choice than Ridley, honestly. But that's me. If only she was selectable from the character screen like Zelda/Sheik. Sometimes the method of getting to her now is annoying.

I want Sylux as a character, though. That'd be cool.

Oh, and don't complain about Prime representation. It has stuff. All the Star Fox representation and basically NOTHING that points to Star Fox Adventures. Krystal's barely shown, too. It's annoying.

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
The only problem with adding hunters is creating a moveset for each and every one of them. If they were in the game they would all just be samus clones (and that would suck).

King Kuma

Smash Apprentice
Lets talk about Ness, R.O.B, and Olimar before you even get to Zero Suit. Please.

and I still want Megaman in brawl. Let's patition for a re-release of the game. lol

KhannKlan

Smash Cadet
The only reason Metroid characters were not allowed into the game and more Kirby characters were was because Japanese gamers' favorite series' are Kirby and Starfox, Starfox has been getting new chars each game, and Kirby caught up to them with 2 new chars in this game.

Metroid is my favorite series, but Nintendo is a Japanese catering company. I hate being treated like a second class customer...

Naybewon

Smash Ace
What disappoints me most is that, and i know many people have restated this, Ridley got the boot in the roster.
Ridley was never under consideration as a playable character. That has already been confirmed. It was just something over-excited fans made up when they heard Sakurai's projected roster numbers.

Otherwise...I think it's great that they added Zero Suit. She isn't REALLY the "same character" as Samus. Yes, she's the same person, but she's COMPLETELY different in EVERY way. It's as if she's from an entirely different game. Additionally, she was a great gimmick as the official artwork of her in recent games has scored EXTREMELY high with test groups/focus groups.

I do agree that it would be cool to have more Metroid characters in the game, don't get me wrong, but I'm happy with the two for now.

Mario has more characters in the game because his is the flagship of Nintendo. Hard to complain about that.

Doval

Smash Lord
Metroid is my favorite series, but Nintendo is a Japanese catering company. I hate being treated like a second class customer...
Nintendo not giving you what you want, particularly when they never promised you anything != being treated as a second class customer.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
Anyway, about saying Kirby got 2 villians, Meta Knight is not a villian, neither is Dedede, they are just rivals of Kirby, they team up, they fight eachother, but they are all good guys, excpet Dedede is a jerk sorta.

XepherOrion

Smash Cadet
I'm not saying Zero Suit is bad, she's awesome, its great, but if they had included at least one more character from the Series. I hope someone cares a bit about the seires that so many people think has no real character as the Prime series goes. To tell you the truth, Zero Suit Samus is a fabulous character, as i stated in my original post, but come on; Metroid has had one character the entire time. Regardless of suit, its the same blonde chick.

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
Metroid doesn't really have characters. Samus is the only one with real development. Practically all of the other characters are just ****ed up aliens that don't even speak.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
For you guys who say downsizing ridley is a problem, remember kirby in suppose to be 8 inches tall but is half the heigh of all humans, Bowser traditionally was 3 to 4 times the size of mario, o and olimar is 1 inch tall, so it wouldn't be out there if they made ridley playable.

However, Zamus is a good consept, plus we seem to forget that she didn't take a character roster place, she is just like sheik a chacter within a character.

Also even though i defended Ridley, i rather see Dark Samus more remember she was the final enemy in both Metroid Prime 2 and 3.

XepherOrion

Smash Cadet
i like to think that the inclusion of ROB is like a big "thank you" to veteran nintendo fans, and i think only they get the awesome nostalgic trip from him being in the roster.

i'm pretty sure dedede isn't as much of a villain as opposed to dark matter (the one responsible for possessing dedede numerous times to fight off kirby), and meta knight is more of an honorable rival than a villain. sure, he tried to take control of dream land in super star, but he helps kirby fight off dark matter in other scenarios because it's a much higher threat. not to mention that sakurai created the kirby series, i mean it's only fair that he gets more of his own characters in his own game.

i honestly don't think dark samus or ridley would have made a good character, because i think it's safe to say that zero suit samus is much more unique than dark samus, and ridley is just way too big. but i'm going to have to agree that at least one character from metroid prime hunters would have been very satisfying!
True, goin that far against ROB was a bit out of line, hes cool, but i'm a little angry (okay alot) about the ability for Nintendo and Sakurai to include ANY metroid character.

TRUE Ridley would be hard, but i'm not advocating him very much.

Additonaly, Dark Samus is soooo much different than Samus in every way as well. Zero suit is good, i'll admit it, you win, Oh boy to all of the other people who are flaming me, but seriously, you have to agree that it would have been nice to have more than ONE character from the series that stayed true to Super Smash Bros since it was first announced for the 64.

Okay....done ranting....We all cool people? No negative comments, eh?

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I think you missed the part where it says no negative comments...

I have one thing to say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko-7OagQbQs

watch it mister.;)
If you're referring to your initial post, you didn't even use the word "negative" nor "comment" once. Not even the general idea of anyone flaming your thread was mentioned. And if you're talking about forum rules, get with the program.

What disappoints me most is that, and i know many people have restated this
and i know many people have restated this
people have restated this
have restated
You posted a YouTube video for me, so here's one for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCe7996OmU0

KhannKlan

Smash Cadet
Nintendo not giving you what you want, particularly when they never promised you anything != being treated as a second class customer.
No, taking advice from the Japanese surveys and largely disregarding the North American site as a whole = being treated as a second class customer.

Nintendo always focuses on appealing to the Japanese, which is understandable as they are Japanese, but it's kind of disappointing sometimes when say the Wii has bad online overall or characters are chosen with the votes weighted to one side.

XepherOrion

Smash Cadet
If you're referring to your initial post, you didn't even use the word "negative" nor "comment" once. Not even the general idea of anyone flaming your thread was mentioned. And if you're talking about forum rules, get with the program.

You posted a YouTube video for me, so here's one for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCe7996OmU0

Well i'm asking you now.:laugh:

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Just because you ask doesn't make your thread any less irrelevant and stupid.

Also, your signature sucks and you can't spell.

Naybewon

Smash Ace
No, taking advice from the Japanese surveys and largely disregarding the North American site as a whole = being treated as a second class customer.

Nintendo always focuses on appealing to the Japanese, which is understandable as they are Japanese, but it's kind of disappointing sometimes when say the Wii has bad online overall or characters are chosen with the votes weighted to one side.
Their research team actually focused on many different areas of the world, including North America.

I guess you'd be surprised to find out that not everyone in North America wanted Ridley to be a playable character. Not everyone wanted ANYONE else from the Metroid series. In fact, when polled most North American's requested SONIC over all other characters (thus, we have Sonic)

However, even if it WERE true that they focused only on the Japanese it would make sense. It's a game for their system, from their country, so why WOULDN'T they want to give their IMMEDIATE customer base exactly what they want? They knew American's would still buy the game because so many of us are hopelessly addicted.

It's the business world.

They just can't make everyone happy.

XepherOrion

Smash Cadet
Just because you ask doesn't make your thread any less irrelevant and stupid.

Also, your signature sucks and you can't spell.
Well then why are you here yelling at me instead of enjoying your time on the web. If you think its so stupid, why dont you just leave my to my ignorant bliss instead of screaming at me about a topic that you think matters. :)

Anyway, i've read all of the posts here, and i see you people's points. I ranted what was on my mind, and got all of the feedback that i needed.

Its true that Ridley would never be a playable character, but even so, those who advocated it had very good reasons behind it.

Second, perhaps they could have had more than one metroid Assist trophy for the lack of playable characters, but i'm not trying to bring up another topic...

Third, I still like Zero Suit, she's awesome and all, but the talk of America being the second class customer kinda brought to realization that theres gonna be no Metroid characters in the next Super Smash Bros. Thats just what I think, but now that America has Sonic, like Naybewon said, i think its high time they think about the next installment including a few more from the Metroid series.

However, it won't be another seven years until we even hear of it coming out, so i'm just gonna get comfy with Brawl and be done with it.

Thanks everyone for your input!:chuckle:

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Well then why are you here yelling at me instead of enjoying your time on the web. If you think its so stupid, why dont you just leave my to my ignorant bliss instead of screaming at me about a topic that you think matters. :)
I do it because stupid people need to be put in their place, but because it would be against the law for me to put a muzzle on you and tie you up in my basement so that you couldn't poison civilized society, I have to do it over the internet. People who live in ignorance are those who are ruining our society. Case and point, you are ruining Smash Boards.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
There aren't really enough important characters in Metroid for them to be included in the roster. Samus and Ridley are pretty much the only characters that have been in every game, or almost every game IIRC.

Besides, Zero Suit Samus is awesome. She won't get sent flying if you don't give the other person the chance to hit you. :p

XepherOrion

Smash Cadet
I do it because stupid people need to be put in their place, but because it would be against the law for me to put a muzzle on you and tie you up in my basement so that you couldn't poison civilized society, I have to do it over the internet. People who live in ignorance are those who are ruining our society. Case and point, you are ruining Smash Boards.
What i think is funny is how you think your in a place of authority. :laugh:

If i'm ruining Smash Boards, paste it everywhere! XepherOrion, the bane of all civilization! :psycho:

Thanks for the free publicity. Great job of "putting me in my place..." :chuckle:

Next time you want to argue, try not to contradict yourself. :laugh:

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Case again, you're too stupid to realize when you need to quit.

No more needs to be said at this point.

XepherOrion

Smash Cadet
Thats good. Thanks for the input buddy!

I think that pretty much wraps up this thread...Unless someone wants to say something? Anymore fueds that anyone wants to pick with me?

Well, if not i have to say, thanks for the input fellow Samus lovers!

XepherOrion

Smash Cadet
XepherPrion, I like your avatar, MC John 117 is awesome!
But Samus would win in a fight! (not saying women are superior to men, it is the suit I sware!)
I agree! Samus has way more weapons and can take off her suit to be even faster than John. (and i agree with you on the suit. Even though its just pixels...Its a lot of pixels...:chuckle:)

For some back up on this theory, and i think you should look it up is Haloid by Monty Oum. He does a fabulous job with the CGI animations and acts a fight out between Master Chief and Samus Aran.

Here's the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9sYixr2miY

Enjoy those of you who love Samus!

Top Bottom