• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One thing to say...listen closely...

XepherOrion

Smash Cadet
I saw Haliod, it was good, the ending was stupid, MC isn't a woman, and in the books, even the women shaved their heads, still, an entertaining fight.
Agreed, the ending sucked, but the guy was creative and a whiz at computer graphics. The movements and speed of the movements along with the accuracy of the the visual effects made everything so incredible!

Samus Rox Mah Sox!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
My roflcopter goes SOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOI.

In all seriousness, uh, you guys are morons.

First, you're wrong on all counts.

Second, there were female Spartans too, outfitted the same way. I ARE READ HALO BOOKS.

Third, I can't believe I'm feeding trolls.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I do it because stupid people need to be put in their place, but because it would be against the law for me to put a muzzle on you and tie you up in my basement so that you couldn't poison civilized society, I have to do it over the internet. People who live in ignorance are those who are ruining our society. Case and point, you are ruining Smash Boards.
Well aren't we the superhero?

Smooth Criminal

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I do it because stupid people need to be put in their place, but because it would be against the law for me to put a muzzle on you and tie you up in my basement so that you couldn't poison civilized society, I have to do it over the internet. People who live in ignorance are those who are ruining our society. Case and point, you are ruining Smash Boards.
I believe the adage you are looking for is: "cancer that is killing SWF."

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
My roflcopter goes SOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOI.

In all seriousness, uh, you guys are morons.

First, you're wrong on all counts.

Second, there were female Spartans too, outfitted the same way. I ARE READ HALO BOOKS.

Third, I can't believe I'm feeding trolls.

Fourth, female spartans shaved their heads.

Fifth, Spartans have their sex drive completely suppresed, they know nothing of intimate relationships! Nothing!

XepherOrion

Smash Cadet
wow, you guys really effed up my thread...whatev. I'll just ask a mod to close it...Oh sorry, that would go against your precious code of "NO FREE SPEECH"

spammers...

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
If we had a code of "No free speech," then closing this thread would follow suit with that perfectly. Seeing as how you legitimately had nothing interesting or new to add when starting this thread, you should have asked a mod to close it as soon as you realized it was stupid.

Yabuki Shingo

Smash Rookie
Quote:
Lets talk about Ness, R.O.B, and Olimar before you even get to Zero Suit. Please.

and I still want Megaman in brawl. Let's patition for a re-release of the game. lol
End Quote

Hold it! (I felt like Phoenix Wright with that one)
Ness is cool and a classic already and R.O.B. is a classic and complete veteran (Then you must be angry at G&W on Melee too it may seem), Olimar has a whole new set of moves and is really cool... if you want to ask about weird characters we should have started from the "where the **** does C Falcon fights on foot!?" And he's been successful since 64!
About Zero Suit Samus, well, when you think of Metroid you IMMEDIATELY think of Samus and the other hunters have just appeared once, Dark Samus is just Dark and that's it! From what I know is A REAL clone of Samus IMAGINE getting a clone of a character as a REAL CLONE in Brawl. And come on... RIDLEY IS JUST TOO BIG! Having him in brawl will make it just... a little thing compared to what he really is... It just wouldn't make sense!
In my opinion... the Metroid games don't have a big cast (recurring cast not only one timers) and actually Brawl BACKS UP Metroid a lot with 2 stages that are awesome, items that represent him (including an smash trophy), the most recurring boss appearing AND reappearing in another form (thus mirroring a life-long enemy... Samus)
And if that's how you are gonna take it... then lets focus on falcon who came back alone. In that case there's just one item that represents him and is Samurai Goroh trophy!
Let's stop focusing in the "I WANT MORE CHARACTERS", because lets take it already, there are no more and the cast is awesome as it is! HAHAHAHA!!!

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Pros:

• Different moveset.
  • Polar opposite.

Cons:

• Same person.

These are the only things I can think of right now, but the pros outweigh the cons by one point. Personally, I would prefer another character from the Metroid series. Playing as Samus/Zero Suit Samus is no different than playing as Zelda/Sheik. I would have preferred at least a Space Pirate. Weavel has been noted. As for those objectors who say that Ridley is too large, Kirby is too small, only eight inches in reality, yet no one says anything. Olimar is the size of a penny on his planet, yet no one says anything about his abnormal size.

Oh, and to see Mother Brain in Brawl would have been awesome.

Yabuki Shingo

Smash Rookie
Olimar is not the size of a penny is it? It is the size of a PIKMIN PLANET Penny actually and he lives on earth if I remember correctly

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Olimar is not the size of a penny is it? It is the size of a PIKMIN PLANET Penny actually and he lives on earth if I remember correctly
That was my mistake.

SmashWiki - Captain Olimar: Character Description said:
Captain Olimar is a tiny astronaut from the tiny planet Hocotate. Olimar, like the rest of his kind, is only the height of a 50 pence [pennies]. Olimar orders and commands the Pikmin through his games.
ibid.: Trivia said:
Many fans notice that certain characters in SSBB are larger or smaller than they should be. Olimar is the best example because he's about the size of a quarter in his universe.
It would be the logical fallacy of special pleading to say nothing of characters who are abnormal in their own size, yet dismiss large characters and object that they couldn't make it due to their large size. It's silly, because it's not like any character could not be minimized or maximized.

Yabuki Shingo

Smash Rookie
K. O. (-____-U)
But in anyway that does has nothing to do with the fact that Samus is really cool in anyway right?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
K. O. (-____-U)
But in anyway that does has nothing to do with the fact that Samus is really cool in anyway right?
Yabuki Shingo, you are speaking to a Metroid fan! Samus is, and always will be the greatest video game character in my eyes. Nothing can change that.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
If the fourth SSB game does not recieve an additional Metroid character there will be a problem then.

But...Ridleys size does not matter, ever play Super Mario Sunshine, Bowser is way too huge!
Ever play pikmin, he is slightly smaller than a quarter.
Kirby is only eight inches in height.
Nintendo adjusts sizes so they are at a similiar size to other characters.

If Ridley were added he would likely be only slightly arger than Bowser.
Also, as he is the only villian to appear consistently thorugh the Metroid series, he would be a great addittion, as he has appeared in the 2D and 3D Metroid games.

Also, I hear Metroid is more popular in the US than Japan, while Starfox has more fans in Japan, obviously starfox was not forgotten.

But look at it this way, Capt Falcon has been neglected to a greater extent, he didn't get an additional representative.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Also, I hear Metroid is more popular in the US than Japan, while Starfox has more fans in Japan, obviously starfox was not forgotten.

But look at it this way, Capt Falcon has been neglected to a greater extent, he didn't get an additional representative.
I didn't think I would need to quote it for it to be obvious. Japanese fans have greater influence over Nintendo because it is a Japanese corporation. Captain Falcon is from a racing game, the fact that he got in at all is enough.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. Nobody gives a **** about the hunters, and Ridley is too god****ed big, a concept which most people don't seem to understand (not referring to you, OP, but it's seriously been irking me for a while.)

Throwing in Zero Suit Samus was not a bad move at all. I'd rather have ZSS than one of the hunters.
People who use this argument forget that in Pikmin, Olimar is supposed to be the size of an American nickel, or something insanely small like that.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Actually Haloid is one of the most dumbest things i've seen, the animation is great and the CGI is nice, but Samus doesnt have rocket shoes or a lightsaber, nor is she a Jedi.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Actually Haloid is one of the most dumbest things i've seen, the animation is great and the CGI is nice, but Samus doesnt have rocket shoes or a lightsaber, nor is she a Jedi.
Haloid was great while Power Suit Samus totally wailed on Master Chief. People who think MC would win in that fight are delusional.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Haloid was great while Power Suit Samus totally wailed on Master Chief. People who think MC would win in that fight are delusional.
Well I agree with that point there, that was nice to see and SPEED BOOSTER FTW

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Well I agree with that point there, that was nice to see and SPEED BOOSTER FTW
Agreed.

Personally, I think she should have used a power bomb to destroy the ship when MC kicked it at her. Power Bombs are so much more awesome than the Zero Laser.

Top Bottom