• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One of Our Match Ups

Uffe

Smash Hero
May have gotten a bit easier. I can't really confirm this, though. Apparently we have some sort of grab glitch on D3. Look here.

I'm awaiting a video to see what this looks like. Is this new or old?

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Video right here. Skip to 1:57.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj4SGRvpyss#t=1m55s

I guess it's old, the vid was released in December 2008. But it looks pretty neat!
I'm gonna test it later, look for follow-ups and stuff like that.
I think the best time to grab DDD at the edge would be him Up-Bing right next to the ledge or him missing a slow move/aerial landing lag.

Those guys in the thread this works on others, but easier on DDD. I would like to know the others.....

xoxokev

Smash Lord
oh cool! Let's compose a list of guaranteed attacks we can land after this...

-fair
-nair?
-pkt? (useless)
-footstool?

(I haven't tested any of these, they are just suggestions)

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
nair is quicker than fair in start up, if i recall.

If this works...then we also have a sort of double SD on Dedede....Ness-cide? lol....thats good...very good, since he camps the edge. If you can get one stock ahead, even at 150%, then get this grab on him, you could simply mash y then fall with him, break out while falling (probably) and then footstoll him and hed die or you could spike him after the footstool and both die.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
i imagine with a little creative thinking we could make b-air viable

edit: just tested this on a cpu and it works quite well, gotta love b-air's hitbox. also it seems that at least with ness both characters arent ALWAYS pulled off the edge

Shaky

Smash Ace
Dedede dies at 125% with nair. Uair will work but nair kills at a lower percentage.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
oic how that works. situational in my eyes, but it could work out. Obviously need to watch out for in this case a D3 escaping early and gimping or stage spiking you somehow.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
i dont understand how this is supposed to work... just dash grab and pummel right after... right??? i tried it in training mode but it wouldnt work for me

mobilisq

Smash Ace
dedede has to be either off the stage or right on the ledge for it to work

Shaky

Smash Ace
It only works on D3, I also tested on Ganondorf, Bowser, DK, and R.O.B.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Like any grab techniques, I'm just worried we won't be able to replicate this.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
Hey... I think I did this on accident once, never could replicate it.

One time a D3 grabbed me off the ledge, it broke and he took 2% damage and fell off the ledge...

Cool though. Nice find.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
^ That right there seems to happen to several characters, if not everyone. I've had this happen a fair bit on the electric stage of Pokemon Stadium 2.

Top Bottom