• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One ike clan!! sign the petition!! *UPDATED 3/1/08*8 days till brawl in US

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
Okay honestly, Since RoK is a fukken ****** and wont listen to reason, the only way is to have all Clan members from his guild leave, and join a completely new one lead by NO ONE. Just a generic Ike clan. same with Zars guild (which I'm in). Honestly, We need one big ****ing Guild with NO LEADERS. Sure if it gets out of hand, people can try to help clean it up, etc. Its all a team effort, not one persons effort.
a decentralized group will fail. Without a leader(s) having all the members stay in contact with each other, as well as cause confusion. A leader makes these things less complicated for everyone, including the leader. I've said that I support having one ike clan, but without a leader, it will probably fall to pieces.

Kirk

Smash Champion
a decentralized group will fail. Without a leader(s) having all the members stay in contact with each other, as well as cause confusion. A leader makes these things less complicated for everyone, including the leader. I've said that I support having one ike clan, but without a leader, it will probably fall to pieces.
This is very true. There has to be some kind of governing control in the group. It would probably be better to include several leaders rather than just one. If there are going to be many members, it would be easier for everybody.

vato_break

Smash Master
If everyone does happen to agree
i think their should be no leader
either that or 5 individual leaders that we can vote for
that was we are not imperialist

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
Windlord, when I first came it was an Ike/Marth clan; he abolished that chapter after I created B4BC and started a small little fuss in his own clan about wanting it to be Marth only.

I'm keeping Blood-4-Blood; I've always been about results despite what people say. Sure, right now Deus de Animus has more members, but they're way less organized, numerous members have event old him the latin is wrong and it should be spelled a different way as it's a different tense, he only cares about the appearence of it.

And right now, no crap; Zar is more experienced than me because he imported the game early, okay big deal. Once I get the game, that gap can close very quick. As you all know, if you get a game and goof around or get the game and hardcore practice and make it meaningful, within a few weeks the skill span can be broken. You can keep Deus de Animus and have loads of fun in your happy-go-lucky do what you want band. Like I said, we're the "Ike Elites". And sure, half the member don't own the game, but their dedication and loyalty already surpasses a lot of yours.

Another note, I'm willing to combine into one Ike clan; however, I want it based on the ideals of what I think an IKE clan should be based on, and that's IKE. If you want a Fire Emblem clan, go join a Fire Emblem forum and talk about all the games, if you want to use him in Brawl, I say post up here. Create a name that everyone likes and is spelled correctly. Present it better (Mine is better looking so far) and also get the members involved. In addition to all of these obvious things; I want to retain the position I have within my own organization of such a thing was made, and I would vote with my clan however; because if they don't want to combine I won't. But all in all, B4BC is staying around until they can get their crap rectified.
Rok, you are taking the whole idea of a clan waaaaay too seriously.
I mean so what if someone isn't an exclusively Ike player, is that such a big deal? Does that not allow you to sleep at night?

XACE-K

Smash Master
Okay honestly, Since RoK is a fukken ****** and wont listen to reason, the only way is to have all Clan members from his guild leave, and join a completely new one lead by NO ONE. Just a generic Ike clan. same with Zars guild (which I'm in). Honestly, We need one big ****ing Guild with NO LEADERS. Sure if it gets out of hand, people can try to help clean it up, etc. Its all a team effort, not one persons effort.
We need at least a few leaders(two or three maybe) because without leaders, the guild will become out of hand and probably cause confusion in the guild.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
What are you saying, RoK?! Enshoku is loyal to YOU! He's staying in your clan even though most of his friends are in DA (Deus de Animus)! Are you going to try to make him stop talking to me because I'm in another guild. If that's what you're trying to do, you really ARE crazy!!

And Shoki!! I can't believe you're letting HIM lead you!!! Can't you see that he's mad?!
I was asking a simply question which he clarified. There's no need to over-react to such a degree over something that has already been answered and understood. Also, I do not discourage interaction between clans/guilds of friendly relations whatsoever.

Do you honestly think by calling me a ****** and trying to persuade my clansmen to leave it will differ me? I'm one of those people the more you attempt to stomp me down, the more it only motivates me to go against the public authority or sense of morals or righteousness. I'll answer this in multiple sections.

#1 - Without any leaders or any base structures, everyone is going to be equal which is a severe positive fact; though a real leader tries to make anyone equal anyway. However, in say so's and what not, it will lead to martial law with members attempting to discipline others which inturn will cause internal conflicts and destroy it from the inside out. Further groups will be created within that organization without an absolute law and fan out to an even greater extent. Consider the United States as one unit, but without a central base for law; chaos and calamity will ensue.

#2 - As far as this whole ordeal; as I said before, I'm for it. What you have to realize is this is suppose to be an "Ike" clan. I would think an Ike clan is composed of Ike mainers, or it wouldn't be in the Ike thread. If you're going to make something that anyone can join and discuss, why not do it upon the general brawl discussion instead of the character specific section for Ike? I think that would be sensible.

If clans were to combine. It would have to be a combination of leaders in an ODD number, that way votes can be made democratically. Also, the agreeing upon a sensible name, slogan, logo, banner, and who runs the thread will all be factors.

Norgay

Smash Apprentice
hey I really do "like" "ike". haha! But really, yea sign me up , ike's a pretty cool guy and i wish i had him as my older brother you know. Even just look at my signature.. That's ikes dad, it really is.

Gamer212

Smash Cadet
As good as I think this idea is, I doubt it would work. Other people have said, the leaders/members probably wouldn't get along. If we don't have leaders, we would completely fall apart.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
People, please, CALM THE **** DOWN.

Rok, I know you have good intentions for making an Ike exclusive guild, but allowing some leniency never hurts anyone. It's better to make friends than enemies, correct? Allowing our members to co-main Marth may be in our better interests; think of Marth as one of tricks-up-the-sleeve.
I myself am also upset about the removal of Roy, but we mustn't take his absence in vain. Rather, this should drive us, the future Ike users of Brawl, to unite as one fist and strike down our opposition with one fell sweep.
The unification of Ike users into one grand guild will be necessary if we are to maintain order within our sacred board. Division will only lend cause for even more division and more conflict shall arise from there. Unification, I stress again, is an important step for us.

I vote for unification.

reothepenguin

Smash Journeyman
Is every Ike user stuck on stupid? If that offended you, then you know who I'm talking to. You guys make me ashamed to be an Ike main. I know Ive had my share of arguments but, seriously guys, is all this really necessary. It looks like this thread is getting nowhere. Yall might as well give up. No ones gonna go along with merging guilds. Both leaders want it their way. And thats understandable. They started the guilds. But, again, this is getting nowhere. Why bother?

Epamek

Smash Cadet
I'd like to join/petition.

Seriously, let's just merge. I like RoK's idea of keeping the clan Ike only, but if we have to run both Ike and Marth, I'm all for that. Whatever.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
The clans won't join until everyone realizes that it would be sweet to be united under one great cause:
IKE.

Currently, the Ike threads are undergoing a civil war...
United we stand, divided we fall =D.

Anyways, I think you might be trying a little too early to unite the clans... I'm thinking that someone should try again like... a month or so after the game is released so that everyone can settle their differences.
I agree with The Mediator on this one.
Aethercide's members don't really think that merging all the clans into one would be a good idea. I also don't think it's a good idea at the moment.

I also have some questions: who would lead this clan? Why would they lead it? Would the clan's base be on a single thread, or would someone create actual forums for the clan (like Aethercide has)?

Aethercide is a lot more casual than other clans, like B4B. How would this clan incorporate both competitive and casual play into its ranks? Would there still be a sense of elitism and certain "hate" that we have all come to know for those who play casually?

I am looking for the best interests of my members, and I'm not sure a merged clan would work.
I'd like to do it, but I would also like some more reason behind it.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
As a side note, Deus de Animus also has forums. ^^

Though I wouldn't mind a merged clan, I don't dislike having separate clans either. In all reality it doesn't matter to me.

vato_break

Smash Master
If you believe this will not work then fine
i believe this is possible
it would be great and beneficial if it would happen
and it's not like it's impossible
it CAN happen
i don't know how many ike klans thier are but i think 2 of them think thats it's a good idea

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
Wow... a lot has happened in this thread since I last checked...

Anyways, this is the kind of fighting that will later make joining the Ike clans IMPOSSIBLE! Everyone has positive and negative opinions towards every other clan, opinions that aren't worth being stubborn for. This results in fighting between the clans, and... dare I say it... fighting WITHIN the clans?

By this, I'm referring to RoK's rather... random accusation of Enshoku. RoK, just think for one second: Enshoku is one of the most frequent contributors to the B4BC thread. Considering that this is basically one of the only things that the clan members are able to for now, Enshoku has most definitely distinguished himself to be one of the more respected characters in the clan, among Roith and yourself.
Why accuse him of betrayal because he enjoys discussing things over with his friends? It's these ******** assumptions that make the game a war, and therefore make the game NOT FUN.

We need to reach a CONSENSUS.

The cause is simple: unite the clans. Is that a bad thing? No. Then why argue about it? Instead, discuss. Organize.

Jeezus Christ, you'd think that these freakin' things are complicated or something... DON'T BE ******** ABOUT EVERYTHING. And that's not just to RoK, that's to everybody.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
i think theres at least 3 maybe 4.....>.>
Wow... a lot has happened in this thread since I last checked...

Anyways, this is the kind of fighting that will later make joining the Ike clans IMPOSSIBLE! Everyone has positive and negative opinions towards every other clan, opinions that aren't worth being stubborn for. This results in fighting between the clans, and... dare I say it... fighting WITHIN the clans?

By this, I'm referring to RoK's rather... random accusation of Enshoku. RoK, just think for one second: Enshoku is one of the most frequent contributors to the B4BC thread. Considering that this is basically one of the only things that the clan members are able to for now, Enshoku has most definitely distinguished himself to be one of the more respected characters in the clan, among Roith and yourself.
Why accuse him of betrayal because he enjoys discussing things over with his friends? It's these ******** assumptions that make the game a war, and therefore make the game NOT FUN.

We need to reach a CONSENSUS.

The cause is simple: unite the clans. Is that a bad thing? No. Then why argue about it? Instead, discuss. Organize.

Jeezus Christ, you'd think that these freakin' things are complicated or something... DON'T BE ******** ABOUT EVERYTHING. And that's not just to RoK, that's to everybody.
not everyone is fighting, but rather dragging the subject away from the main topic in the most painful way possible.

Everyone should decide on these things:
1)do you want a single Ike clan?
2)when they merge, what/how will the name be decided?
3) how will it be run?
4) will there be a hierarchy of sorts?
5) if you want a clan with a single leader, how will he or she be decided. (take in account that DDA has over 2x the members of any other guild, followed by B4BC.)
6) if you are a leader, are you prepared to take the chance of giving up that role for the good of the community?

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02

- Yes.

- New name, thought up and decided upon by the new clan in a vote.

3) how will it be run?

- The same as most other clans; if you like the character you're welcome to join. No emphasis on competitive vs. casual, have members from each side.

- No hierarchies other than clan leaders. This just divides the group.

5) if you want a clan with a single leader, how will he or she be decided. (take in account that DDA has over 2x the members of any other guild, followed by B4BC.)

- No single leader. Should be a few leaders, maybe from the different clans coupled with knowledable Ike players who have had the game for a bit such as Kirk, Zar, BearsAreScary, etc.

6) if you are a leader, are you prepared to take the chance of giving up that role for the good of the community?

- I'm not a leader. But if I were, I would.

Gamer212

Smash Cadet

Yes

People suggest names, and there's a vote

3) how will it be run?

I don't really understand the question...

Yes, some people must have more power to lead. It would still have votes to decide big things...

If you are still counting Aethercide, we have more than 33 members. I think more than one leader would be needed so 1 person isn't ruling over like 80 people...

N/A not a leader.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I'm part for this and part against it. Its fun to have a single cause but on the other side more than one clan drives competition and it makes it fun to have "clan battles" within the ike threads. Keeps it alive you know?

But then some people ruin it by going crazy (not to point out any names) and it makes the thread goto chaos. I mean i got kicked outta B4BC and called a "betrayer" for being indecisive as to whether or not I want to main ike. (which i still dont know yet because I havent played the game lol). This wasnt just a kicked out of the clan. It was flat out banned for life. Weird huh?

So yeah if it does merge cool. But there would have to be lots of tournaments and in clan activity to keep it alive. Also as far as leaders go. I think that if some people would lead (again not pointing out names) I would go crazy and just label myself as an outcast. So yeah >_> Just make sure we have responsible leaders.

Edit:Everyone should decide on these things:
1)do you want a single Ike clan? yes and no
2)when they merge, what/how will the name be decided? popular decision
3) how will it be run? through RESPONSIBLE leaders
4) will there be a hierarchy of sorts? s ure
5) if you want a clan with a single leader, how will he or she be decided. (take in account that DDA has over 2x the members of any other guild, followed by B4BC.) Popular vote and mutiple leaders
6) if you are a leader, are you prepared to take the chance of giving up that role for the good of the community? n/a

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
RoK's final word on all this Unification business.

It has been stated multiple times upon the basis of which "Blood-4-Blood" was established, so I'll stop myself from another reptition.

First off, Blood-4-Blood clan is for people who are trying to exceed in the competitive community with Ike. This is more for hardcore gamers that will be attending tournaments and trying to make a name for themselves on smashboards, for their area, their state, and the community in general. All in all, it's sub-title is "The Elite Ike Smashers", as greatness is what we plan to achieve.

I'm RoK, who I am is an arrogant person; extremely confident, yet I take caution with everything and I work very hard to make sure I can back up what I say. I try to stay within my morals and bounderies, but I love all my members. The people who have joined B4BC, despite my arrogance and tendency to welcome conflict; They do not leave because they know in the end I'm not going to desert the clan and I'm going to make sure it stays active, and if I ever wanted to give it up, I would find a way to continue to have the B4BC go on.

I'm someone who hates to lose, and who always expects to go in and win, I have the can-do attitude and I don't accept inferority as an answer. In order for me to want to Join, I would have to know they're serious about something; The name wouldn't, and shouldn't be something whimsy or feminine, or even just "okay", let them know we can for war. Dedicated members who will be there for a long haul, and willing to WORK on Ike if he's not as great as they think, or go on when they think they can't play; find a way to work through it.

IF, and that is a big if, you some how convince me to try and merge the B4BC (Right now, I don't see this happening). This is how I think the other clan should be maintained, ran and all that.

First and foremost, loss of power. I'm fine being a member of a group with no direct say-so as long as the group was established before I came into it. Now that I see I can run a group and will make updates; I don't really trust another to do something, especially when I now I'm going to be gaming on this for YEARS. The possibility of me losing my power to a vote because of my radical style of "leadership", isn't something I want to take a chance on. But, there should be 1 leader per 20 members.

Next, The name; I've already discussed what I want for the name, and for the sub-title. We'll have to make banners, a emblem (Which I'm working on for B4BC) as well as a mission statement that clearly subjects it.

These are really the main things as far as presentation. In actually showing how the clan is ran. Will it be all democratic or do the leaders have the Final say? Who will organize events and do we split the place into seperate divisions?

In the end though; If none of these conditions can be thoroughly met, B4BC will not, and shall not Merge. I plan on having the premiere Ike-clan that keeps up in appearences, updates, information and loyalty to it's members. Further promoting self awareness and raising skill levels to attain glory on the digital battlefields of Brawl.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
I'm part for this and part against it. Its fun to have a single cause but on the other side more than one clan drives competition and it makes it fun to have "clan battles" within the ike threads. Keeps it alive you know?

But then some people ruin it by going crazy (not to point out any names) and it makes the thread goto chaos. I mean i got kicked outta B4BC and called a "betrayer" for being indecisive as to whether or not I want to main ike. (which i still dont know yet because I havent played the game lol). This wasnt just a kicked out of the clan. It was flat out banned for life. Weird huh?
QUOTE]

Double post, but I don't care.

You weren't kicked out because you were indecisive about maining Ike. You were kicked out because you were already on the B4BC roster, yet you turned around and registered and was on the roster for Deus de Animus. You were saying you were going to be on it until Brawl came out, you played the game and decided if Ike anted to be your main or not.

I was simply saying you can't be in two clans simutaneously, that defeats the purpose of what a clan or guild stands for. And if you were going to be that indecisive about which organization you wanted to be in, I'll make the decision easy for you. There should've been no complaints.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
-yes, I was all for the competitiveness of the clan's, as it raised community interest, but the flaming we hare starting to see isn't friendly competition.
-Each clan member will be allowed to nominate a name, if they so desire. After the nominations are done, each person may cast one vote, and it must not be for the name they put up for nomination.
3) how will it be run?
-there will be a number of people who are given indirect power. They will be like the moderator of forums, and in most cases not more important then people without indirect power. The number of these people should always be odd, so if a vote is needed amongst themselves there will be no ties, as it is with the grand jury. The main job of these people is help help people, not boss them around. Any important clan changes will require a entire clan vote, and the vote should be required to pass by 60%
-"of sorts" I suppose. I already went into detail on my last answer.
-Having a single leader only leads to totalitarianism, or dictatorship.
-not applicable.

I answered my own questions... woohoo...

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
3) how will it be run?
1. Yes.
2. Good question... How 'bout... Aether Blood de Animus? Lol.
3-5. I think that when the clans first merge, the leaders should be made up of at most 2 representatives from each clan. As the clan becomes more merged and less separated by previous clan divisions, we can choose different groups of leaders, ignoring the old guild allegiances.
I dislike the idea of everyone voting for 1 leader at the very beginning because of the badly balanced clan populations (no offense Zar, but if we did one universal vote at the beginning, you would win FOR CERTAIN).
6. Don't wanna lead.

vato_break

Smash Master
3) how will it be run?
1yes
2 a nutral name everybody will like
3 like any other clan but with several leaders
4 "of sorts"
5 moar than 1 leader
6 i could lead but, im sure there are better people

PityLord

Smash Apprentice
3) how will it be run?

1)yes
2)not my concern :p
3)Enshoku had good ideas
4)Thats to be decided. I dont intend to be in any sort of leading group right now.
5)I dont think a single leader is a good thing. Lets be more democratic :p.
6)Not a leader :p

My opinion is if we have to fight, lets fight with other characters clans/guilds and not between ourselves. The argument i witnessed betwen Zar and Rok was really silly in my opinion and shouldnt divide us.

XACE-K

Smash Master
1) I signed the petition so yes I want one Ike clan. 2)The leaders will decide the name. 3) It will be run by leaders and not one leader. 4) I guess there would be heirarchy. 5) I don't want a clan with one leader but if we did, we would vote. 6) I would give up the role for thegood of the community. (this is for the questions somebody posted before.)

comboking

Smash Master
probaly did not mean to but

WWW.IKECLAN.COM
join now
limited time only
ok i was kidding but, serously i think there are too many ike klans out there
why doesn't everybody just form one klan!

The purpose is to try to get all the ike clans on the SWF to join into one
so i decided to make a petition and i will show this to all the ike klan mains and try to change their minds
if you want this to happen please do say sumthing and your name will be added
1.Vato_break
2.Ikevblokz
3.Miller
4.The Mediator
5.Zareidriel!
5.Torchik
6.Alphadragoon2002
7.Kirk
8.Blue dragon
9.Enshoku
10.Rok the Reaper
11.Coboking
12.Xace-k
13.Roith
14.Norgay
15.Epamek
You spelled my name wrong it is ComboKing

Betaz

Smash Ace
*signs*

-yes, I was all for the competitiveness of the clan's, as it raised community interest, but the flaming we hare starting to see isn't friendly competition.
-Each clan member will be allowed to nominate a name, if they so desire. After the nominations are done, each person may cast one vote, and it must not be for the name they put up for nomination.
3) how will it be run?
-there will be a number of people who are given indirect power. They will be like the moderator of forums, and in most cases not more important then people without indirect power. The number of these people should always be odd, so if a vote is needed amongst themselves there will be no ties, as it is with the grand jury. The main job of these people is help help people, not boss them around. Any important clan changes will require a entire clan vote, and the vote should be required to pass by 60%
-"of sorts" I suppose. I already went into detail on my last answer.
-Having a single leader only leads to totalitarianism, or dictatorship.
-not applicable.

I answered my own questions... woohoo...
^^^^^

what he said....

Top Bottom