• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Hundred Dollar Money Match!

Status
Not open for further replies.

halfDemon

Smash Lord
Just a quick question: does he know you are the AngeloBangelo? Because, if he does, then you are at a HUGE disadvantage. I mean, he could check out your vids and study your strategey/style and practice for that. If there is any way you could prevent him from finding out who you are and watching your vids, I suggest you take action.

And don't forget to flex, just to scare him right off the bat.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
I really couldn't tell you if he knows who I am.

What I can tell you is that there are currently 2 available videos to study my playstyle in.
1. Falownage (Not a lot of actual playing in it)
2. Me vs Rick's Giga (Which was basically a sandbagfest with extra n00b sauce)

So, I don't think he'll be studying too much. In general the most you can learn from those vids is that I can carry computers across the screen with combos if they don't DI and if you main Giga I will probably lose against you. :D

But yeah, I'm trying not to talk to the kid at all. My friend John is trying to play him to gauge where he's at but he's dodging so... He might play John, sandbag, seem awful, have John report that back to me, I MM him for $100, he turns out to be Captain Jack, and UH OH!... TEH MINDGRAINES.

I don't know. We'll see. My technical game is pretty good, and I make much better decisions in game than I used to when I played more often (Probably from playing so much WarCraft III and StarCraft lately. <3 RTS games). I can weigh out situations so much faster than I used to be able to, and I think that's going to be very key against Luigi's superior air game.

I don't want to say too much more because for all I know he's reading this thread, haha. So yeah. We'll just leave it at: I'm going to play my best, I make much better decisions as to when to fight my battles, my technical game is a little sloppier than when I practiced everyday but that's to be expected, and I have A LOT of practice vs Luigi since he used to be my only competition in McHenry.

Thanks to all who have wished me luck. I'm not sure if I will need it. Time will tell! Roughly two weeks til' the day!

Tyson651

Smash Lord
haha i remember that giga vid, that was awesome..

BAH TWO WEEKS? omg im gonna die before then.

i seriously dont like gloves, it will create slippery fingers and screw up and stuff.

but if ur use to it, i guess go for it.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Hey mang!

It's $100! I want to be well prepared.

$100 BUYS A LOT OF STEROIDS SO I CANT LOSE OR I WILL KILL YOU RAWR STFU EVERYONE I HATE YOU ALL OMFG!!!!111one I M ON TEH ROIDZ CUZ 5150 SAYS I M D00D! I H8 U!!!11121

When I think I reach my limit when it comes to relearning my technical game, I'll play him. It might be less than two weeks! Who knows?! Not me! Everyone wishing me luck and everything is getting all pumped to play him! If everyone's actually looking forward to the vid that much, then I'll practice as much as I can in the next week to really get this out there as fast as I can.

Edit: Would you guys rather have super sweet music in the background, or hear us talking? I don't really talk much when I'm seriously playing. When I was playing Rick's Giga, I was obviously screaming and making weird noises because I was hyper and having the time of my life. I'll probably be pretty quiet, so music might be better actually. Any wishes will be fulfilled!

GOOD NEWS! I've asked my friend to arrange the battle for the 19th or 20th. This is one week. There will be n00b fights before that, and you CAN buy it on PayPerView for only $14.99. Maybe I can get ORLY to come up to show this kid what Luigi ****** Falcon in the butt really looks like.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
we want the talking, so after u beat him, u can take the cam and flip it around and stuff and see what the aftermath is of u getting ur hands on that 100 bucks and what they say haha.

haha dont worry, take ur time to prepare and thoroughly re-train/practice ur techniques :p

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
Hey man, I'm definitely following this with interest, and I definitely want to see you win--this is exciting.

A few tips against luigi:

1. Don't get grabbed. If he is as good as he says he is, no amount of DIing will save you from a ****ed good grab combo. Luigi may catch flak for being low tier and pretty goofy, but he rocks Fox, Falco, and Falcon with his tech chasing. I've never seen a good luigi grab someone and have it turn into nothing--there was always at least a few more hits.

2. If he misfires once, get out of the way. Luigi has a greater chance of misfiring just after doing it than normally--this is why there are tons of videos of 2 or 3 misfires in a row.

3. Be careful picking the stage. To be honest, a good luigi has an advantage over a good falcon--it's tough to combo the goofy sum'*****, and he's got a lot of priority. It is good that you get to practice vs. ORLY, though.

4. Don't get grabbed.

5. Don't attack teh shield. You'll get grabbed.

6. Don't get grabbed.

The basis of luigi's game vs. falcon is his grab. Don't. Get. Grabbed.

Cheers man, good luck!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Against gabbers (with shields on mostly) I try to get behind them using the nair (shffled you have just run towards them) and the dair to get behind them. Also, I try to use the uair do to its really low frame count lag to grab from behind. It works better. And do practice against orly since he can di and learn what out prioritizes what. This is a weird matchup. Also, misfire and knee = not a nice combination, misfire gets priority....

Eggz

Smash Hero
I am actually worried about you watching Falcon vs. Luigi vids. I mean, seeing stuff like "ISAI VS. KA-MASTER ISAI WINS 4 STOCK!" is nice I'm sure, but if this guy is a noob I suggest you follow instincts because he'll probably be doing random crap that will actually hurt you and frustrate you. Just see what he does and react to it (THIS is where Falcon vids come in, don't look at the strategy used, look at what moves beat what moves).
I hope your aware that Ka Master has never played Isai in his life.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
This is old already. I don't see this match actually occuring.
tsetse...this was originally posted on the 7th of February THIS YEAR, and has been tentatively scheduled...how is it old, or not occuring?...

n00b...

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Did he just call tsetse a noob?
In any case, I like how tsetse's signature features nearly every played character besides Captain Falcon.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
In any case, I like how tsetse's signature features nearly every played character besides Captain Falcon.
not calling someone with 1000+ posts a newbie, just a generic n00b :) He either was making a joke, or isn't looking carefully, and I'm not that good at picking up jokes/sarcasm

--disclaimer--
Tsetse isn't *really* a n00b, I understand this

Elen

Smash Lord
I just read through the thread and I'm really looking foward to seeing the video/results. Best of luck to you Angelo! Remember to spam Uair, and definetely don't get grabbed!

Tyson651

Smash Lord
I hope your aware that Ka Master has never played Isai in his life.
i think he was just making up any match on the top of his head to trying to make out his point rather than his example.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Ok, I just remembered there being a fake Isai VS Ka vid. Just making sure lol.

Oh, and spaced n-airs are actually the best thing for Falcon VS Luigi

tsetse

Smash Lord
Yeah falcon is awesome some of us play him in tournies but i am the only one that actually mains him. Well him and shiek cuz I <3 Isai.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
This is old already. I don't see this match actually occuring.
I found out about this match on the 6th. It's the 11th. I haven't played for like 8 months. Give me more than five days to practice for a $100 MM. I make minimum wage at Steak n' Shake, $100 is a lot of money to me.

It is happening on either Monday or Tuesday of next week, hopefully. My friend John hasn't gotten back to me yet about if they kid can play me on those days. With a weeks notice, I don't see why he couldn't...

But yeah, it will happen if I have to pick him up and run him to my house on my back, I don't care at this point.

Jazzness

Smash Ace
Angelobangelo, if you're still willing and able to play some smash, I'd love to play a few rounds against your falcon, maybe learn a few things, maybe teach some.

I'm in Dekalb, IL (I go to Northern Illinois University), so I was quite a bit disappointed when I read your resignation. McHenry's very close to Dekalb, and I was hoping to meet someone I could consistently train with who's had some tournament experience.

Gimme a PM, or message me on AIM (stickman ph00) if you're interested! (:

-- Asian Mike

Eggz

Smash Hero
Nah, you were right. They are both the best. Not regarded as. Officially. ^_^

Sorry. Im not very good at picking up E-sarcasm.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Angelobangelo, if you're still willing and able to play some smash, I'd love to play a few rounds against your falcon, maybe learn a few things, maybe teach some.

I'm in Dekalb, IL (I go to Northern Illinois University), so I was quite a bit disappointed when I read your resignation. McHenry's very close to Dekalb, and I was hoping to meet someone I could consistently train with who's had some tournament experience.

Gimme a PM, or message me on AIM (stickman ph00) if you're interested! (:

-- Asian Mike
PM box is full. T.T
My aim is: i g0t teh micr0
Email is AngeloMostaccio@hotmail.com
Or just PM me

Address is
5413 Brittany Drive
McHenry IL
^--- No pipebombs plz kthxbye

I'll play whenever as long as I don't work. Hit me up with a PM with available days. Bring friends if you can. The McHenry players have disappeared minus myself D:

LuCKy

Smash Master
angelo......hmmmm didnt u make that guid for captin........lol think i read that like a year ago.now i know im not thebest captin but all i can say is its not a fun match up for me uairs help A LOT cuz of luigis ****** priority anyway 100 dollars woooooooooowww hope u destroy him lol

Razed

Smash Ace
POSTING AGAIN FOR EMPHASIS**

Remember... BOTH OF YOU GIVE YOUR 100$ TO A TRUSTED PERSON BEFORE THE MATCH, SO THAT HE DOESN'T BULL**** AND NOT PAY YOU!

Also make sure that he wasn't just kidding about the whole thing...

shoe

Smash Ace
Remember, f-smash has priority over Luigi's down-B, I know a Luigi who likes to spam that move a lot. No reason to spam the f-smash or anything, but sometimes usefull to get the kill when he's on those midhigh-damage-but-hard-to-kill percentages.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
DO not try to be a sexy falcon in this match, they kill themselves too much. Be a control player.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Control Falcons never get remembered. Like that one Isai guy who was popular for a bit... Everyone knows G-reg and his Falcon kick SD's though!

Gogo Greg!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
100$> getting remembered.

Just be sexy afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom