• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Hundred Dollar Money Match!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Hello fellow Falcon players.

As you know I have kind of dropped out of the Melee scene as of late. My friend has recently moved back from Chicago and informs me that he knows a Luigi player who is REALLY good. He claims he can beat me and is so sure of it he has wagered $100 in a "best of three" series of matches.

This is obviously really exicting because it's the largest MM I've ever played. So, keep an eye out for the video, which I will release right after I play him which will be within weeks. I've never seen this kid play and I don't know his name. My friend from Chicago hasn't seen him play either.

My 2v2 partner ORLY has a disgusting Luigi but has moved about 90 minutes away so it's not worth playing with him for practice really. So practicing against him is out.

If you're in the area and your name is Captain Awesome, Mendoza, or you're just a generally good smasher and want to help me prepare for this within the next few weeks, send me a message! I'll send you my address and you can mapquest to see how far you are from me.

Wish me luck. If I can beat this kid after not playing for such a long time, it will prove that Falcon is hands down the sweetest character in Melee.

audreyh

Smash Ace
shouldn't you know who you're playing before putting out 100 bucks lol

Sighrax

Smash Lord
luigi isnt the easiest matchup for falcon but its very winnable

ummm basically ive done a 50 dollar MM against a kid i didnt know based on the fact that he wanted 10 stock on hyrule temple :D

JFizzle

Smash Apprentice
i fought a luigi today, didnt go as planned. maybe u can intimidate him by flexing lol. so yea, the best of luck to u angelo. keep us informed.

punisher47

Smash Journeyman
wow a 100 bucks hope you win this man and show every one how crazy awesome falcon is. looking forward to seeing the vid.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
shouldn't you know who you're playing before putting out 100 bucks lol
This is exactly what I was thinking at first, but you know what? WWCFD? I know what he'd do. He wouldn't care because he knows he's the buffest and baddest mother****er on the planet. That's basically how I feel. I am going to beat this kid no matter how good he thinks he is.

I'll try to embarrass him as much as possible on the video to keep it entertaining. If he's really bad I'll try to pull off the Reign of Falcon on him. I'm going to Falcon punch him AT LEAST once. I have to! Falcon players would expect nothing less.

Also, thanks for the luck guys. I'll get this up as fast as I can.

If you've seen the Knee Guide video by afro ninja, I'm probably going to pull off at least ONE hat combo which I will create on camera and then pull it off late in one of the 3 games.

Edit: Hm, do I have an icon?! It doesn't appear on my computer screen...

shadydentist

Smash Lord
I hope you just totally destroy him. But... you don't know his name, you're friend doesn't know his name... how on earth did this get started?

punisher47

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Hm, do I have an icon?! It doesn't appear on my computer screen...[/QUOTE]

no you dont have an icon.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
My friend was talking about Melee and this guy overheard him and asked if he plays "seriously" and if he knows what WDing/DDing/SHFFLing etc etc is. He said "I'm Ok. Angelo is way better than I am" and he explained I'm a Falcon player who is pretty decent. He said I probably suck and he'd be more than willing to bet $100 that I'd lose to him.

So there you have it! The beginning of the story about how I made $100!

Also... Hm. I need an icon then!

tsetse

Smash Lord
Hey I heard Azen just moved to Mchenry illinois, and is gonna play some falcon noob for 100 dollars.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Hey I heard Azen just moved to Mchenry illinois, and is gonna play some falcon noob for 100 dollars.
Who is Azen? Is he like that one Ken guy?

I think I've seen Ken play before. He doesn't even WD! How good can you be without WDing all over the place like a madman? It's basically the only way to determine a players skill.

The best players have their own technique that I've actually adopted. They never wavedash against an opponent, and then when they opponent is dead/respawning they WD as much as they can and do some very low air dodges into the ground to show how amazing they are.

Master this, and you master Melee.

But seriously, if it was Azen... I'd just run home in the snow. I'd leave my car there as a gift for ever doubting him.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Who is Azen? Is he like that one Ken guy?

I think I've seen Ken play before. He doesn't even WD! How good can you be without WDing all over the place like a madman? It's basically the only way to determine a players skill.

The best players have their own technique that I've actually adopted. They never wavedash against an opponent, and then when they opponent is dead/respawning they WD as much as they can and do some very low air dodges into the ground to show how amazing they are.

Master this, and you master Melee.

But seriously, if it was Azen... I'd just run home in the snow. I'd leave my car there as a gift for ever doubting him.
See i knew i was not the only that thought wd was pointless. It leaves you open to many attacks. I once saw azen wd across FD with in one wd............ as bowser yep yep

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Well, I won't...

Actually maybe I'll get pictures of all of the pros right now just to make sure I'm not facing Isai with a fake moustache on or something. Even though he has a goatee... That'd look pretty funny. Goatee with a fake moustache on it.

Anyway, yeah... I'm definitely doing that.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
This is exactly what I was thinking at first, but you know what? WWCFD? I know what he'd do. He wouldn't care because he knows he's the buffest and baddest mother****er on the planet. That's basically how I feel. I am going to beat this kid no matter how good he thinks he is.

I'll try to embarrass him as much as possible on the video to keep it entertaining. If he's really bad I'll try to pull off the Reign of Falcon on him. I'm going to Falcon punch him AT LEAST once. I have to! Falcon players would expect nothing less.

Also, thanks for the luck guys. I'll get this up as fast as I can.

If you've seen the Knee Guide video by afro ninja, I'm probably going to pull off at least ONE hat combo which I will create on camera and then pull it off late in one of the 3 games.

Edit: Hm, do I have an icon?! It doesn't appear on my computer screen...
Don't even THINK of pulling stupid **** like that. $100 money match? Just win.

alcheato

Smash Ace
****, son! $100 is waay too steep for my taste on any one match. Anyway, if you're lookin for some good practice, I live pretty close to Mchenry so just PM or IM me on AIM sometime (dam that's a lot of acronyms). And good luck with that match, sir.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Good luck man.

technomancer

Smash Champion
If you beat this guy really bad tell him to drive down to MD and try to make some of his money back vs. TA, I hear they suck.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
seriously i wanna kno who this luigi player is now though

think about it though, wagering $100, u gotta have a hella lot of confidence no?

and luigi is good against falcon too..

i wish u all the luck, and make sure u identify who the person is when u upload the vids!! :D

the luigi player is from chicago? any famous/well known players in chicago?

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Not to my knowledge... The only good Luigi in McHenry that I've seen is ORLY's.

Also yeah.... Lots of confidence coming from me obviously. ORLY's Luigi was pretty beastly when we played. I have a lot of experience in the matchup as he has vs Falcon so... Yeah. Unless it's seriously a pro, I think I'm going to win.

The matches will be up as soon as I can get them up. This kid lives in Crystal Lake as well... And all 3 of us have AT LEAST one job (John, this Luigi player, and myself) so it might be hard to find some common ground when it comes to time off. I'm just going to ask them both to request a certain day off in a few weeks and get someone to record the matches.

Should be good stuff. I'm nervous but excited!

Stay tuned for the pwnage.

Also, Alcheato, you do live really close. How's tomorrow (Thursday) in the morning? That would be awesome. I live maybe 20 minutes away or less. I'll send you my address and phone number. Hit me back with a PM!

Edit: Alcheato, your message box is full. Clear that **** up!

Address:
5413 Brittany Drive
McHenry IL

AIM: i g0t teh micr0

I'll stay on AIM for a while. Contact me if you can play tomorrow morning (Thursday before 4 PM) and we can play for a while.

I have a Wii but you would still need to bring controllers, a memory card, and a copy of Melee. Sorry! :D

alcheato

Smash Ace
I would've replied sooner but I worked overnight last night and for whatever reason I was really tired and didn't wake up till 3:00 pm today. I'm free pretty much anytime this week and most of next so just let me know what time works out for ya. My cell # is (815) 355-4803.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
yeah luigi isn't good, dont be worried. lol you have to get a camcorder to record the meeting and reactions of the players to the matches and results (like pointed from the tv to the players lol) edit it and make it all dramatic.

woot

i put my entire next paycheck up on a money match this weekend lol, but only vs a friends $1 XD

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
yeah luigi isn't good, dont be worried. lol you have to get a camcorder to record the meeting and reactions of the players to the matches and results (like pointed from the tv to the players lol) edit it and make it all dramatic.

woot

i put my entire next paycheck up on a money match this weekend lol, but only vs a friends $1 XD
I take it you are considerably better than your friend?

Anyway, Good luck. Don't mess around off the bat in case they're good.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord

woot

I plan to record all that. I think it will make it more interesting, rather than just recording the matches like "Ok, I won this one. Lost this one. Won this one. w3wt!!!1 i m rich lolllll"

Props to Alcheato for helping me practice today. Great games! I'm definitely hitting you up for more games if you're up for it later on. Need more practice comboing Luigi... :D

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Most Luigis suck? This is true, but there are definitely good ones.

Most Yoshi's suck. That doesn't mean I'm going to win a $100 MM against Masashi's Yoshi. I'm not saying this Luigi player is going to be as good as Masashi, but... I'm not going to assume he sucks just because his character happens to be the Jar Jar Binks of SSBM.

Edit: Thanks Duke. Your finder is getting pretty vast. Be sure to keep up with all the players! It looks awesome so far.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
I read this whole thread but I might have missed it. What day are you going to go play him? I keep checking this thread hoping that you will post a vid but if the game is in 2 weeks then I'll just wait until then to check on this thread.

Razed

Smash Ace
IMPORTANT!!!! READ ANGELO!!

Okay, here are a few things:

1) After the match, when you post, or upload the video, DON'T GIVE AWAY WHO WON! THIS GOES FOR EVERYONE!

2) TAKE NO CHANCES! Ex: if you're holding the edge and he's falling, and you know he can't get back up, DON'T jump off the edge to hit him to show off! 100$= a lotta cookies

3) Watch as many luigi vs falcon vids as you can before the match

4) try and get his name well before the match

5) IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EACH OF YOU, GIVE THE MONEY TO A TRUSTED SPECTATOR FIRST TO HOLD DURING THE MATCH, TO ENSURE THAT IF YOU WIN, YOU WILL GET THE MONEY! THAT WAY, HE CAN'T CHEAT YOU OUT OF IT

6) If this guy is willing to bet 100$ on this, then he is probably pretty f***in' insane with luigi. Either that or he's a dumb***. Expect him to be really good. Practice alot.

7) WARM UP FIRST!!!! To make sure that when you play him, you're at your best.

8) DON'T WARM UP WITH HIM! if you do and he sees that you are better, he might not bet after all

9) WEAR GLOVES TO THE MATCH! cold hands can screw you up

10) Good luck bro, hope you win.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Thank you for the tips!

Sometimes I wear my powerlifting gloves because I get pains in my fingers from SHFFLing so much... :'(

Duke: It will not be for a few weeks, you will have to wait a bit. I have not been playing AT ALL so I'm trying to get my groove back, like Stella but with Melee instead of dancing or whatever that movie was about. I want to get as much practice in as possible before I play him.

Edit: About spoiling it... You can say "congratulations" and stuff... I am just saying people will probably congratulate me if I win and say "tough match" or something if I lost. If you don't want to spoil it I suggest not reading the comments before watching it. I would like to hear what people have to say without them worrying about giving too much away in the match.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I am actually worried about you watching Falcon vs. Luigi vids. I mean, seeing stuff like "ISAI VS. KA-MASTER ISAI WINS 4 STOCK!" is nice I'm sure, but if this guy is a noob I suggest you follow instincts because he'll probably be doing random crap that will actually hurt you and frustrate you. Just see what he does and react to it (THIS is where Falcon vids come in, don't look at the strategy used, look at what moves beat what moves).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom