• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omni's Guide to Mastering Fox v.4.5 - UPDATE vs. Ice Climbers

Zenter

Smash Rookie
Brilliant guide, I love it. Been playing for almost a year or so now. Fox for a few months.
I was wondering how I should approach the matter of becoming a better player.
This guide is it.
Love your work!

Starzonedge

Smash Ace
Oh wow, it was you I played at MLG?

I learned quite the info on this guide. I didn't even acknowledge you were the one who wrote this guide when I played you in pools at MLG. ,'( Nice matches... Wish we could play sometime soon. Laters.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Omni, can you do a section on how the offensive Fox shouldn't just SHFFL/fHop aerials at the opponents? I see this as an extremely common problem, and people don't realize that they need to mind game their hits even when they are applying pressure.

Kratos45

Smash Rookie
I actually like this fox guide better that the other one
Sure, the other one is longer and has a ton more information, but this one tells you where a begining fox (like me) should start

Smilez

Smash Journeyman
I'm lovin this guide. I'm not a fox noob, but I did read Cunning's guide a while back(well most of it) and I def think this guide is better suited for those of us who actually play smash. lol. Its easier to come back to this when I need to get grounded again(e.g. just got finished getting owned and wondering why?)lol. To put it plainly: "This guide is simple and to the point" Nice guide and an even nicer compliment to Cunning's guide. GJ! XD

Sjakmachien

Smash Journeyman
Good guide man, definitly gonna use it, and later own and laugh at the guys that owned and laughed at me.

Corrupt-kira

Smash Rookie
I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet but it makes a really use edgeguarding technique. When your enemy falls/knocked off the arena position Fox over the edge so he has his back foot on the arena and the other floating off the arena. If your enemy tries to get back on if you manage to grab them immediately use his down throw to instantly KO them. It takes a while to get used to the positioning but once you master it, it's a nightmare for anyone trying to get back on.

Sorry if this has been posted before i just haven't seen it.

I'd like to hear your opinions on the move and am open to critism but i am sure that it always works.

P.S. this is my first post so i'm contributing something helpful already :)

technomancer

Smash Champion
Kira, the downthrow counts as a meteor (they can jump out of the spike) and can be escaped by DIing onto the stage anyway, or by wallteching it. Also, if they are in a spot where they could be grabbed at the edge, which most of the time they are not unless their name is captain Douglas J. Falcon, why not just downsmash them back off, shine them back off, or bair them back off?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
hey omni :D i watched u play at pound XD so def lookin forward to more of ure posts XD

omg i def need u to fill that samus portion :( got no idea wat to do vs that crazy missle shooting..... yea.....

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
thanks everyone. i'll update; just been busy/lazy.

xdruthless

Smash Rookie
hi. i found this out ramndomly and it doesn't work always but on FD, i found if you grab and down throw a person while they're trying to jump back on without ^ B with fox, they go straight down adn die immediately.
i dunno if it works with falco too but it's the same idea. Basically it's like a spike he does on the ground without shining. Try it out and see if it works...

Oskurito

Smash Lord
hi. i found this out ramndomly and it doesn't work always but on FD, i found if you grab and down throw a person while they're trying to jump back on without ^ B with fox, they go straight down adn die immediately.
i dunno if it works with falco too but it's the same idea. Basically it's like a spike he does on the ground without shining. Try it out and see if it works...
LOL everyone knows this. I tought this was going to be updated...

Black_jo

Smash Journeyman
You ever play Zelda: Ocarina of Time? Well, if you did, there was a trial Link had to go through where he had to face himself. I mean, literally, himself. It was a Link that new the same moves and sometimes the same tactics as yourself, except he was all black. In order to beat him, I cheated and used a hammer (he couldn't pull out a hammer) and smashed him to death.
:laugh: me too

That's a great guide man! I think I will read it many times and practice more :)

Sudai

Stuff here
It can be teched on the ledge.

Winged Messiah

Smash Apprentice
*Eagerly Awaits next installment*

This isn't really something you should take the time to put into your guide, but i'd appreciate some help about what do to Marth in the PAL version of the game :p. He seems so much harder, **** that fall from shine.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Don't be mad at me. The other day I was updating this guide with 4 more character match-ups. A little before I was finally just gonna' save (since I was editing), the computer froze.

That makes me a sad panda.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Don't be mad at me. The other day I was updating this guide with 4 more character match-ups. A little before I was finally just gonna' save (since I was editing), the computer froze.

That makes me a sad panda.
Whoa that sucks......

Dear John

Smash Rookie
Guys, I'm new to this whole forum and my friend taught me about it. I want to know certain terms: like L-Cancel and SH'ing. If you guys could help, I would like to need to know the definitions. If there are also other things, that you would expect a noob like me, wouldn't know. Please give them too. Thanks!

Top Bottom