• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omni's Guide to Mastering Fox v.4.5 - UPDATE vs. Ice Climbers

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I got bored again so I decided to add more to the guide:

CHARACTER MATCH-UPS

So if you haven't read the guide already, do so. If you have, be on a look-out for the updated section. If you're an experienced Fox, feel free to send me a PM with any information you'd like to share to a match-up, and I'll add your feedback into the guide.

Omni

BRoomer
Updated.

Got the templates up and ready. I'm going to ask for very skilled Fox players to give tips on each match-up. If you are one of them, please PM me if you wish to make a contribution.

I appreciate the support, and I'll do my best to make the next update a rather large one.

nice1

Smash Lord
thanx a lot for this i can do the combos i see in those vids and i can waveshine 5-7 times on my friends they hate me cause i put them in combos and take down there sheld with the shine

Omni

BRoomer
Thanks. I kinda get discouraged because of all the nonsense that goes around in the Fox forums, but if I'm helping a select few then I'm satisfied.

By the way, new update. Added Sheik to the character match-ups. Also, CunningKitsune has elected to be one of the candidates for submitting Pro-Tips so expect some good words of wisdom.

Lord SHL

Smash Apprentice
Marth should come after Falco, then Sheik, then Fox in the match-ups. Just an FYI.

Omni

BRoomer
Marth should come after Falco, then Sheik, then Fox in the match-ups. Just an FYI.
Uh, no he shouldn't.

Peach has been added. And wtf @ 200 views + no comments or + reps. I'm not writing this for my health; tell me you think people.

Zero34

Smash Lord
how is this guide not stickied? this is the best thing that ive read in a LONG time. amazing job omni. i just wanted to give one tip about the peach matchup.

im a peach player, wife taught, so this is something that i have learned about after practicing it for a long time. DO NOT ever recovery toward a peach unless you know what you are doing. a peach that is in float will take out fox's forward+b with almost no trouble with a simple nair. and if you are really unlucky, you will get gimped by a fair which just sucks. i mean, dsmash, upsmash, fair, nair....scary stuff. heck, she could grab you. so i advise to stay away from that approach

but everything else, great job

audreyh

Smash Ace
can some mod please sticky this, I always wanna keep checkin this thread and I always hafta search for it

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Yeah, this guide really deserves to be stickied. Maybe they won't sticky it because it's already in the stickied thread "Guides to the Laser Fox." So at least you don't have to search around for it.

Great character match-ups, I can't wait for more.

Omni

BRoomer
Completed Falcon.

Working on IC's and Samus next.

marthsword

Smash Ace
This guide like people have said is a little easier to grasp for a newbie. I enjoyed a lot though, after reading cunning's guide I still learned and realized some new things. I like the format too, if a guide isn't formatted well, it can completely ruin it for the reader. Nice job, plus rep for sure.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
wow this guide is really good. A really good tip i use against falco is upsmash when he gets close 2 u because he has 2 do an arial to combo. don't be afraid of the lasers if ur a camper just reflect them back 2 them. then there mind gets kinda bogled up in thinking of a way 2 get around that tactic.thats when u charge in and start waiting for there dumb moves wait for them 2 roll because if u just run up 2 them they might get nervous and sidestep then upsmash or if they roll turn around and upsmash.

*this is a keepspeedn post*

Ashtten

Smash Journeyman
I do like the way you break it into difficulty levels... and the whole George Bush Reference :D

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Whoa, the guide's a whole year old now. I remember when it was first started...for some reason it doesn't seem that long ago.

Well anyways, don't give up, InfernoOmni!

Omni

BRoomer
I completely gave up on this guide. Everytime it got updated; it just fell back to page 3 or something. Possibly because of the very short updates with the character sections.

I'll make the next update a large one. Promise.

technomancer

Smash Champion
I just wanted to take a second to point out that Omni is a beast :)

I'll try to get in a few more matches of my Yoshi vs. your Fox next time I see you... if I can get through the line of people waiting to play you

AND WHERE IS THE STICKY?

technomancer

Smash Champion
Thread bumped, because Ice Climbers are next on the Tier list for matchups, and I have no idea how to fight them O_o

rysaN

Smash Cadet
Let's say running the United States is wavedashing. That makes George Bush Fox. In this case, Fox is a noob because he's been given the power to wavedash, but he fails to use it correctly. GREAT! Moving on.
lmao nice example.

this guide was REALLY good. it was so much easier reading this than cunningkitsune's 500 page novel of a fox guide, and it was a lot better too. it was short and to the point, and it helped me alot.

keep up the good work, and get this sticked!

mark.

Smash Journeyman
ok i have a problem, and it would be best to ask here.

i can do EVERYTHING in that guide (waveshine combos and such, everything)
BUT, i cant L-cancel. its the one thing i cant do. i can JC multiple shines, shff, everything except for that. tips?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Nice stuff Omni, I almost forgot about this thread, it's been awhile >.>

One thing I'd like to mention: wouldn't Fox's spam count as advantages over characters such as Marth and CFalcon? (Characters that necessarily don't deal to well with spam)

ok i have a problem, and it would be best to ask here.

i can do EVERYTHING in that guide (waveshine combos and such, everything)
BUT, i cant L-cancel. its the one thing i cant do. i can JC multiple shines, shff, everything except for that. tips?
Try pressing L and down at the same time after you shorthop + aerial.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Falcon deals fine with spam, being heavy and a FFer he doesn't have to worry about an extra 15%, and he can shut it down pretty good. The one place Fox doesn't want to be vs. Falcon is with his back to the edge, because it limits his tech options and knee ***** Fox at really low %s by the edge. Also stuff like Dthrow->sideB setup (gaurenteed close to the edge), Bair semi-WoP, etc, get much tougher on Fox close to the side of the stage.

Omni

BRoomer
Yeah, I really haven't updated because I don't see the point when this thing isn't stickied. Nevertheless, I'll attempt to keep making this guide and improving it if you guys can keep it bumped and keep me motivated. Deal? Deal.

Also, NJ'z, you're absolutely right and I'll be sure to add that into the guide. M2K is a clear example of how Fox spamming his lasers can be a crucial part of his game against certain characters.

Omni

BRoomer
Updated with Ice Climbers Character Match-Up.

Going in order is boring. Which character match-up would you guys like me to go over next?

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
Nice guide. I used to main fox so this was an interesting read. Can't wait to see what you have to say about Link in your character matchups.

Top Bottom