• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OMGiggles a MN smash tourney.

Nomek

Smash Apprentice
Shouts:

Aaron: Great tourny man, that was a really good turnout. You should definately do it again some time soon. My laptop is yours.

Chexr: Hey you, what's up? How's it going, you been working on that novel?

KSSB: When I see you play, it makes me smile.

Mom: Hey dude, thanks for the friendlies and all of the advice for fighting Mewtwos. I was pretty sure I had you on that third match but you pulled it off. GG man.

Super Doodle Man: Gg

Zero: Hi

Dark Room: Thank you for being easy to work with :-D

Yoshii: Always good to see you dude. Sucks that Deepak doesn't know where to put his feet but at least you have magical powers.

Green Bunny: Good job in the tourny, and you win for awesomeness hair.

Tunuva: I'm sorry, but I can't pronounce your name to save my life.

James Sparrow: Sparrow, while you were sleeping I watched you, but then got bored and left.

Blue Wolf: GG

Croudo: Thanks for the friendlies, we definately need to get together more at UST and smash together.

Zeus: So someone told me that Blue Wolf knocked you out with a Sheik and you took it out on the next Sheik which was me..........I'm still crying on the inside man. JK GG in the tourny, I look forward to playing you again.

D. Disciple: Congrats on having the best Sheik in Minnesota/the world.

Deepak: Always good to see you again Deepak, that's about it, we should have had a Sheik ditto.

Ulti: How are you Ulti?

Bmol: GJ in the tournament dude, we should play more Ganon dittos some day.

Flux Wolf: Flux, I didn't get to play you once at the tourny, and we completely forgot to do our MM, oh well that just means I'll have to do it at your house so your sister can see my skills.

Nomek: YOU ****ING NOOB STOP COMING TO TOURNAMENTS AND ACTING LIKE YOU'RE ACTUALLY GOOD. YOU SUCK AND DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS.

Spoool: That's with three o's.

Sandwraith: Dude, you're like a ghost, but one that's made out of sand. That's like a snowman made out of water. But I like it so it's all good.

Keeper: Those were some really close matches in the teams, next time we should do a couple MM's one on one.

Seanson: You have super powers.

Trisicock: There's a dirty word at the end of your name, it sounds like rock.

56k: Awesome friendlies at the tourny, we should have played more Bowser dittos but I got sick of constantly being destroyed.

Mister T: I pity the fool who gave you this lame name.

Dangle: Happy birthday.

If I forgot anyone I'm sorry, see you all at the next tourny.

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
Aaron: Thanks for the matches, I had a great time. Kirby Squad was hilarious.

Chexr: Back and forth! Really awesome matches. Now I know Marth is a bad idea :) Great matches at the end, sorry for the disappointing final one, I just had to switch.

Master of my domain: Awww our matches weren't as good as they were at HJ4, but they were still pretty good. congrats on 4th!

SDM: Man that was like a repeat of HJ4. I win first, you pick mute, I bring you to like 150% and you pull some godly combo and take me out, then I get my counterpick and win. Your peach is so technical, I had no idea how you do that stuff.

56k: Whoooops we forgot to G&W ditto.

Bluewolf: You started of really strong but fell apart. Thanks for the friendlies, you have a bunch of good characters. Double blinds are fun.

Yoshii: Haha after the first teams match I thought we could win, but then you pulled out the down B of death! I still don't know how you are that accurate with that thing.

Mr. T: Don't get discouraged, it was your first tourney.

Sparrow+Nomek: Holy hell the teams finale was ridiculous. 4 stock to 1. I don't really know how I did that.

Well I had a great time, it was pretty sweet, and now I know the wrath of a double kirby team

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
That was a really fun tournament and I think I made a great improvement by coming.
Shout out time...

Aaron: Thanks for hosting this it was great, we will have to do some friendlies from now on.

Deepak: Nice sheik, after I got used to it we had some semi-close matches and I learned a lot from you, thanks.

Yoshii: Nice seeing you, I got matched up with you first match in teams and singles thats funny.

Sparrow: Good times, I'm glad we did that MM that we had planned... JK thats probably my fault for not confronting you about it, we will get to it next time. coughskatswapcough

Nomek: Thanks for letting me and Austin spend the weekend there, it was really fun. And dude I cant believe we didn't do our MM I totally forgot about it I'm pissed now lol.

Black Mesa/Jason/Chase/Blacky/Becky: I saw your fox improve an amazing amount over the weekend good job on that, hopefully we will see each other again soon it was nice meeting you, you hole.

Ulti: Nice friendlies your Ganon is getting pretty good now, and thanks for that MM it was intense, I enjoyed it.

Greenbunny: Dude we didnt play at all that this tournament I was hoping we could get some Marth dittos in, oh well it was pretty busy we can do that next time k?

And lastly... Nomek/Sparrow/Black Mesa/ Austin: YOU GUYS FREAKING TORTURED ME YOU SICK *******S, OH MY GOD I AM GONNA HAVE TO GO INTO A MENTAL ASYLUM AFTER THAT.

My eye BALL still hurts.

Sorry if I forgot anyone.

GG

SandWraith

Smash Cadet
Pretty interesting tournament. I'd advise chairs next time, but to each his own, I guess.
In no particular order:

Yoshii: The marth friendlies were fun. Too bad the Jiggly tourney matches weren't. :( You've got a good Jiggly, and I felt bad for having to counterpick on Mushroom 2... until you countered on Brinstar. >_<

JS: I liked your scarf. :p

FluxWolf: Fun times. I think you were probably my favorite person to play because you keep things fun. You would always be there to compliment something good and just really made the friendlies a lot of fun.

56K: Your G&W is pretty sweet, but you should totally main that samus! We played a ton, didn't we? They were all good. :)

Nomek: I think back on our times together and words just can't express them. You were always a shoulder that I could cry on, a person that heard my pleas and consoled my childish insecurities. You truly have been a great friend these last few years, and I cherish our time together.

Whitefire: It was cool playing against you. I think I'm getting down how to play against iceclimbers (finally).

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Sandwraith: Yeah dude we had a lot of fun playing together I think you are fun to play with as well, we had really close matches, you will have to come to more tourneys over here so we can play more often!

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Now for more specific shoutouts...

Bluewolf: Thanks for the friendlies, advice came into use quickly.

Deepak: Shiek is still cheap :p

Zeus: No Bong for you. Good mm.

D: Best $5 triple stomp I ever bought. Good mm too, I need to stop doing worses on my counterpicks.

Croudo: Nice Falcon

FluxWolf: MM was too intense. When (if) I get better with Marth, I'll need a rematch. Teams werer good too.

WhiteFire: Sorry for not doing the mm. I heard you'll be coming to UST if Bluewolf continues the biweeklies. We can get one in then. Good friendlies.

JS: Pretty good Samus. You were also less sneaky with your camera this time.

Aaro: Well run tournament, hopefully we can get more friendlies in next time.

Chexr: Thanks for the friendlies. Did you beat Aaro with your Mewtwo?

Greenbunny/MoMD: Thanks for the friendlies at the end.

SandWraith: If you're sticking around here a bit longer, I hope to see you at more tournaments. Good friendlies.

Nomek: I'm doing alright, we should get some friendlies in sometimes.

Ray: You're pretty good, so don't quit; just get better. Too bad you could't register for singles.

Everyone else: Good tourny/matches.

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
1 Kirby Squad--Aaron and Chexr
2 I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer--Darkroom and Greenbunny??
3 Yoshimii--Yoshii and Deepak
4 Team Discovery Channel--Zero and Tunuva
5 Ganon-boned--KSSB and Keeper
5 My First Pube--Masterofmydomain and Croudo
7 Team NWC--idk
7 The Team Skiaski--SDM and Seanson?
9 Team Mitten Face--Fluxwolf and....Ulti?
9 Muy Sexy--Jamessparrow and Nomek
9 Dark Warriors--D. Disciple and someone maybe...
9 **** em Bucky--IDK
13 Bye--anal bead and pube.
13 Bye
13 Team Rocket--Whitefire and someone
13 Bye

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
I teamed with Flux, Zeus teamed with D.

I figured Chexr wouldn't use Mewtwo, I just recall him joking that he would before finals.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Ulti, here's to your shout to me:

We also have a nice one of GreenBunny sporting his new doo. (Owen Wilson is that you?)

And since I'm an a**hole, I'll be fair and post a pic of this noob:

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Ulti looks evil in that picture.

Time for shoutouts:

Aaron: Great tourney man, and those quick friendlies were fun

Darkroom: Always good to see you again and your reactions whenever you lose a stock.

Fluxwolf: Fun friendlies and showing you scenes of the DBZ movies

Nomek: I think you mean Pika, not Shiek you didn't play my Shiek yet. I enjoyed the matches and talking about DBZ and their greatest moments.

Yoshii: Good to see you again, you keep showing me I need more training against Jiggs and I was so **** close to surviving that rest.

SDM: Way to ride Squirtle (everyone will understand this, once the vids are up)

Shadoudragon: Thanks for getting me back my team entrance fee, the matches were fun too. I like your samus you should play her a lot more. We should've done a friendly

Mrray: There are a 1000 lessons that can be learned from Losing, than their can from winning. (+ rep to anyone who knows where I got that quote from)

Whitefire: Good matches, that thundercloud owned you at the last 2nd, work on your IC's a bit more I can see them becoming really good.

56k: I like the combos that your GaW did on my pika, sorry about the 4 stock though.

Ulti: You got your triple stomp in, next time follow it up with another aerial, you can get 4 in too. Also sorry about the shinespike in teams that was just mean and the thrashing that my ganon did to yours. The matches were fun though.

Deepak: Good to see you again as well, I was hoping to play your Marth. Ah well I hope your Shiek improves as well. I hope you dont grab my uair-uair-fair combo.

Everyone else: Nice to see you all, hope to see you guys again soon.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
That picture makes me scared. I look possessed; and the blurry background looks like you had to smuggle it out.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
Shout outs

Aaron: Great tourney

Bluewolf: GG, even though it was one the queerest strategies ever, but it worked so more power to ya.

Whitefire: Sorry for the F-Smash rapage, but it worked, keep practicing, you could be really good.

56k: GG's, and a tip, you might want to speed up a bit when you play.

Ulti: work on the mindgames son, you become to predictable sometimes, try to mix in the jab as a wakeup attack. try to wavedash a bit more as spacing.

JS: GG's your Falco is crazy.

MoMD: Your pretty cold man, try to stop SD'ing so much.

Nomek: Thanks for the brackets, sorry for the knockout.

Fluxwolf: Work on making your marth faster, and space more, other than that I have nothing bad to say about you, you make the game very fun.

MrRay: Dont quit, you get better by losing. my first tourney I was dead last now I place much higher, just keep playing.

And for anyone I miss keep playing.

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
Shouts.

Aaron: Great tourney. You should hold another there, especially since it's only 5-10 minutes from campus.

56k: Your Samus is pretty good. Watch out for anti-CC strats and you should do well.

Ulti: Your Ganon is getting a lot better. I would advise you to start reading into the matchup specifics vs. each character.

Nomek: I suppose you're now the official bracket man for the state of MN. Too bad about the money thing. I probably wouldn't have made up the difference with my own money, but I suppose I'm not really a generous person monetary wise.

Zeus: Lol. Sorry about that (sort of). I only picked that stage so you wouldn't pick Falco or Fox, but I saw an opportunity mid-game and I had to take it.

KSSB: Yeah, my Sheik looked sort of pathetic near the end there. It'll get better with some experience. Thx for the friendlies too.

Zero: GG man, that last match was intense. Battlefield probably wasn't the best stage since it was hard to reach you on the top platform, but I was afraid of getting ****ed over by a stage change on Stadium. No johns though.

Matt (GreenBunny): *******. You should've called and told me that you were going to hold everything up and I could've entered teams. Lol.

JS: Friendlies were fun, we should play more often next semester. I could definitely use the Falco practice. Also, Matt found your memory card after the tourney. Either he or I will have it whenever you come back.

Whitefire: Come find me during the smashfest and I'll play some friendlies with you.

Also, to anyone who didn't see it on Saturday:

I got this for Christmas. I'll be bringing it to tourneys with me from now on.

Finally, to Nomek: If you want to post the brackets, there should be a "copy bracket" option under one of the menus. Paste it into Paint and you can save it and upload it.

GreenBunny9999

Smash Apprentice
ha that was fun, could someone arange SDM an I differently in the brackets, I have an anti greenbunny wall wich is a really pissed off peach.

Chexr WTF your supposed to suck remember, that marth is i don't even know.(rematch)

Aaron nice tourney good thing you won your own.

Ha BlueWolf you should thank me saving you 5$

wow yoshii, that sucks maybe you should have went back to the same level and life count

Seanson I wanna play your falcon.

Next time I will place higher ha ha

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
i will talk to gamecrazy about hosting another maybe next month.

The manager there is really cool and so he will probably let me. Just make sure that it gets as big of turn out as this one did.

This tourney helped me in many ways
1. My falcon still has alot to learn. It lost to momd =(
2. YL/all
3. Guess ill stick with falco as my main.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Chase: You rock my world.

Aaron: good job winning, I wish I could play as well as I always do in my first stock the entire game. I think you figure out how I play real quickly then own me.

Chexr: I wish I could play you more, good job on 2nd.

KSSB: You're made of pure mindgames. You and keiper are lucky Spikes wasn't there (even though nomek and I did a lot better than I though we would).

MomD: Great work taking fourth, you played lots of great games that I watched. I still wish I would have played you rather than yoshii :)

SDM: That was a tough game against MomD, as always your peach is nearly flawless whenever I watch it.

Dark Room: nice work in teams, lol at my DK that third game.

Green Bunny: Onnet :)

Yoshii: I can't beat you :( next time I'm counter picking FD.

Bluewolf: I'll be glad to play more once I'm back. Me and Ryan figured out a time that worked for us both last semester and we played like every week (on thursday nights) so once we finalize our schedules we can figure something out.

Croudo: 3 stocked your cfal with dk :p

Deepak: :chuckle: (that's to your shirt)... I pulled a you and owned everyone in apples to apples on new years' eve

Ulti: Gave me a run for my money that samus game, literally... getting quite a moist ganon there.

Nomek: Thanks for housing me and chase, had a great time (sorry for overstaying our welcome).

FluxWolf: I'm saving those pics for something special.

Austin: LOL

===

See everyone at the biweekly

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
haha but I think it will still be a while before you pose a big threat. Keep going though. You might be the one to beat me and chexr but we will see.

GreenBunny9999

Smash Apprentice
Hey JS you should caption that picture of me with , I just got out of bed with your mom.
I'll prolly visit Bluewolf sometime on an off weekend i need practice against falcos hope to see you there JS,by the way, nice Foward B at the tourney you mindgamed the sh** out of me with that one.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Hey JS you should caption that picture of me with , I just got out of bed with your mom.
I'll prolly visit Bluewolf sometime on an off weekend i need practice against falcos hope to see you there JS,by the way, nice Foward B at the tourney you mindgamed the sh** out of me with that one.
LOL and it worked wonders in the next two games :)

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
Any word on the videos from the tourney yet? I don't want to be a pube and rush you guys...but it'd be sweet to get those up so we can put any good footage into Uno and Dos' MN montage. Also, how about the vid of the crew battle we had on the 23rd at SDM's place? Sorry if you kids are busy.

Top Bottom