• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OMGiggles a MN smash tourney.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
hey everyone I finally found a place to host a smash tourney so we dont always have to count on bluewolf. so heres how its gonna be......

PLACE: it will be hosted at the gamecrazy here in roseville ill get the address soon.

ADDRESS: 2057 Snelling Ave. North

DATE/TIME: Dec 30th I would like people to be there by 12 so we can start right away. Try to arrive by 11:30ish.

I want this to be at least a 25-30 person turn out so please let me know if there is any issues with the day its on. There will be a singles tourney and a teams tourney.

-Tournament is double elimination.
-Double Blind Pick may be elected at the beginning of a set.
-A set begins with a random stage.
-Both players may also agree on a (legal) stage to play, but inability to agree = random.
-Random Stages include: Final Destination, Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams,
and Yoshi's Story.
-Banned Stages include: Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island 64, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Great Bay, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom,Venom, icicle mountain, onett, and flat zone.
-All other stages available for counterpicks.
-Sets are default best of three, with finals being best of five.
-Four stock, 8 minute games.
-Advanced Slob Picks will be used: loser chooses stage, then winner switches character is desired, then loser switches character if desired.
-Each player may knockout one stage from selection.

winnings will be split 40/30/20/10 any problems i take suggustions. I like to spread the money around.

PRICE: $10 singles $5 per person teams

Eci4

Smash Ace
If the date were changed, I would say the week before bluewolf's next fest... That way Yoshii could get his tournament fix, and bluewolf could continue with his schedule...

Aaron... would the tournament actually be starting at noon with earlier registration, or would it be like the St. Thomas stuff where everyone shows up around noon and it gets started once we have the people...

whatever happens I'm going to try to make this...

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
The 23rd is so close to Christmas but I would be able to make it. I think it should be a different date so more people can make it...

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
ok ill think that ill change it to 1 week later so the 30th so that bluewolf and james sparrow can make it. Does that sound like a plan?

whatever date i know gamecrazy is fine with it as long as I tell them in advance. they just want more then 7 people wich is what we had last saturday >.> <.<

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
I think I can go on the 30th. Count me in for now anyway.

Greenbunny, team?

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Zeus Roseville is closer than St. Thomas, one of the two. It isn't that far at all. Back from Japan fellas, and I'll be training a lot more now. I dunno something in my mind told me to do some intense training in SSBM while I was out there. Maybe it was Raiden, Buddha, or those big *** crows around the Yamanaka Cemeteries.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
yeah I just talked to game crazy and they said the 30th at 12 is fine so now its official.

Bluewolf- Can you help me with the brackets? I have no laptop that has the bracket program. Would be a great help.

Lastly- if you guys wanted to do a low tier im all for it. Actually I have wanted to do one for a while now but we never get to it. We would probably have to make the tourney earlier so we can get it all finished.

Top Bottom