• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

omg sonic

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Umm... you killed yourself both times... Not exactly a good thing. Also, where were the Bairs?? You made good use of the tilts, and even some of the smashes, but no Bair?? After a spin dash attack you can usually easily follow up with a Bair...

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Umm... you killed yourself both times... Not exactly a good thing. Also, where were the Bairs?? You made good use of the tilts, and even some of the smashes, but no Bair?? After a spin dash attack you can usually easily follow up with a Bair...
no

9001 chars

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Points of interest.

1. You were invincible to Samus's missile when you used your Nair. (0:15) Invincibility frames? For Sonic? Yes please!

2: Did I see you cancel the cooldown lag on the Dsmash with a rolling dodge? (0:31) Nice, I'll experiment with that **** right away.

And the rating...Nice combos, very aggressive. You really pinned her down. But you got a little predictable with Dsmash. I would have used the bair a bit to mix it up. But I think your Sonic would beat mine, so nice going.

Tenki

Smash Hero
-It was pretty impressive up to around 00:45 with how you racked up damage pretty quickly, but then after that it felt like you were having trouble finding what move you were going to use to kill lol.

-It looked like you got that first suicide because you carelessly used your double jump as soon as you got knocked back ;p

Use your side B first before using aerial jump, right?

-I'm liking how you're using d-tilt>jab. D-tilt is definitely one of those moves I don't use enough, but hey, each to his own :D
But yeah, you do use d-smash a bit too much, and it's a good thing your friend didn't (try to) punish you fast enough with other smash moves.

-Use grabs sometimes :p if you need help finding a use for them, you can get some ideas here. It could save you 30 seconds of trying to get the person to run into your d-smash lol

not bad ;d

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Points of interest.

1. You were invincible to Samus's missile when you used your Nair. (0:15) Invincibility frames? For Sonic? Yes please!

2: Did I see you cancel the cooldown lag on the Dsmash with a rolling dodge? (0:31) Nice, I'll experiment with that **** right away.

And the rating...Nice combos, very aggressive. You really pinned her down. But you got a little predictable with Dsmash. I would have used the bair a bit to mix it up. But I think your Sonic would beat mine, so nice going.
roar

idk about numba 2 meng but

sonic's nair on snakes mortars works too, uploading another friendlie and u will see cheaaa.

And i use bair in it =[

Tenki

Smash Hero
osht :o

n-air first hit...
anti explosion invincibility?

anti projectile invincibility?

..anti everything invincibility?

lol how does it work out against full charge shots, energy/laser projectiles, or physical attacks? :p

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Okay, I'm a fan now.

I love the way you were able to keep all the movements so centered. It's completely different than the aggro style you played against Samus, and you really kept me guessing. I never saw anyone use the Nair so effectively either.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Okay, I'm a fan now.

I love the way you were able to keep all the movements so centered. It's completely different than the aggro style you played against Samus, and you really kept me guessing. I never saw anyone use the Nair so effectively either.
I love u too.

osht :o

n-air first hit...
anti explosion invincibility?

anti projectile invincibility?

..anti everything invincibility?

lol how does it work out against full charge shots, energy/laser projectiles, or physical attacks? :p
Samus's not-fully charged can be cancelled out with the spike in the forward-b

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I think we figured out the mystery of how Ophelia killed herself in Hamlet.
Got Ophelia from claymore unfortunately =[

But ophy from hamlet comitted suicided from a jumping off a tree, so kinda the same really.

/whisper boxob watch the snake one k?

Boxob

Smash Champion
Way too much Dsmash.

You became really predictable with that. Too much nair. Did you even use bair? I guess you just don't like the Fsmash either? More variety, a good player will **** your Sonic simply because you were too predictable. Not bad, just change it up over all.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Way too much Dsmash.

You became really predictable with that. Too much nair. Did you even use bair? I guess you just don't like the Fsmash either? More variety, a good player will **** your Sonic simply because you were too predictable. Not bad, just change it up over all.
When you play a samus as good as that one, one of the best in the state, you're forced to spam any wide area attacks you have.

cheaaa, i wanna fight a good sonic. Where chu at lucky.:mad:

edit well idk about best in state, deff best in the county.

chozN

Smash Rookie
Lol Ophelia, good game man. You improved alot over the past few days of us smashing.

Lol to give them a real laugh about "predictability, you should post the vid of me reading all your moves when you ended the match XD That was funny.

chozN

Smash Rookie
Lol Ophelia, good game man. You improved alot over the past few days of us smashing.

Lol to give them a real laugh about "predictability, you should post the vid of me reading all your moves when you ended the match XD That was funny. (srry if posted twice. Lag so bad)

Boxob

Smash Champion
My girlfriend can play a better Snake, and she's never played smash for more than 10 minutes D: Never FF a Fair, place your Bairs much lower, you're not fighting DDD lol. Nice Nair > Dtilt, it can lead to a Fair chase sometimes, I'll assume you were aiming for that. You need some overall tweaking, atleast you tired to land the Bair, and you got him with a couple Fsmashes. But to be honest, that was the worst Snake I've ever seen.

Play me sometime, I'll let you fight my Zamus and Mario, I've even beaten a couple Sonic's as DK lol.

Edit: You have a habit of using Dsmash over Fsmash. Sure it hits on both sides, but Fsmash is quicker.

Hitage

Smash Cadet
well you do have a good Sonic, not the best I've seen but still really good. Unique style of game play but yea it did get very predictable and it will become more obvious when you play with more than 2 lives but i understand it was probably for recording purposes. So heres my suggestions/constructive criticism/praise.
-try not to use dsmash as much and a little more fsmash
-loved the nair combos, very sexy
-definitely more bair, you can't always rely on dsmash to kill especially since it gets a little weaker the more you use it.
-more hyphen smashing. Its a great way to bring up damage and eats opponents shield.
-nair connects well with uptilt but im not sure if it would do more dmg than ur other nair combos.
-brilliant idea of down special connecting with homing attack. It looked very sexy
-its a good thing you don't spam dair
-good use of tilts and a a a combo
-oh yea and watch out for side special after your second jump, I know it was probably a mistake and it happens to the best of us
-how could i forget, you should grab a lot more, as you probably know Sonic is just one of those characters that can just run up to people and grab with ease. So up throw connects well with up air and down throw is good for chasing.

i hope you don't take offense to any of this, but the one thing that really mad me mad and what made me hate you completely is the complete absence of side taunt! nah im jk but seriously side taunt

-

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
well you do have a good Sonic, not the best I've seen but still really good. Unique style of game play but yea it did get very predictable and it will become more obvious when you play with more than 2 lives but i understand it was probably for recording purposes. So heres my suggestions/constructive criticism/praise.
-try not to use dsmash as much and a little more fsmash
-loved the nair combos, very sexy
-definitely more bair, you can't always rely on dsmash to kill especially since it gets a little weaker the more you use it.
-more hyphen smashing. Its a great way to bring up damage and eats opponents shield.
-nair connects well with uptilt but im not sure if it would do more dmg than ur other nair combos.
-brilliant idea of down special connecting with homing attack. It looked very sexy
-its a good thing you don't spam dair
-good use of tilts and a a a combo
-oh yea and watch out for side special after your second jump, I know it was probably a mistake and it happens to the best of us
-how could i forget, you should grab a lot more, as you probably know Sonic is just one of those characters that can just run up to people and grab with ease. So up throw connects well with up air and down throw is good for chasing.

i hope you don't take offense to any of this, but the one thing that really mad me mad and what made me hate you completely is the complete absence of side taunt! nah im jk but seriously side taunt

-
Thanks man I appreciate your input. In your opinion, who is the best Sonic so far that you have seen?

And boxob, I'll play you on wifi if you really want, although I really hate it. The button lags just throws me off completly.

Hitage

Smash Cadet
Thanks man I appreciate your input. In your opinion, who is the best Sonic so far that you have seen?

And boxob, I'll play you on wifi if you really want, although I really hate it. The button lags just throws me off completly.
well everyone says lucky and i have to agree. I think your attack choice may be better but Lucky has really good prediction skills. Maybe it comes from more experience but i don't know how much you have. But nonetheless your Sonic is on my top 5 Sonics, way to go!

Boxob

Smash Champion

Unless you have a ****ty router, there won't be any lag (except regular input) since I use a lan adapter.

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
I didn't think much of the 1st video, but the 2nd video was definitely amazing. Real turnaround. Inspiration for me, I guess, since my friend loves Snake and almost always wipes the floor with me when I'm playing Sonic.

Must study the 2nd video more closely...

Boxob

Smash Champion
I didn't think much of the 1st video, but the 2nd video was definitely amazing. Real turnaround. Inspiration for me, I guess, since my friend loves Snake and almost always wipes the floor with me when I'm playing Sonic.

Must study the 2nd video more closely...
There's nothing to study from that video, that snake was absolutely horrid.

Trillion

Smash Ace
Pretty much just the same stuff people have said above

[UThe Good[/U]
- love the nair combos, very sweet
- nice use of d tilt to neutral a combo
-very awesome idea of >B to homing attack

I'll probably end of stealing some of those for myself :laugh:

The Bad
- too much d smash
- not enough bair
- not enough u smash
- not enough grabs

Just as an extra suggestion, you may want to use the dash attack more and the f tilt more, I'm not sure what everyone else thinks but I find them helpful sometimes.

Overall, I'd say good stuff and room for a little improvement. Also, not to bash you or your opponent, but I don't think youd have done as well against a more skilled Snake. I'll be sure to keep watching your vids.

The_Dyne

Smash Journeyman
Wifi works on a client/server connection, so you having a lan adapter won't help him. Lag is semi-independant, unless you are far away from each other.

Top Bottom