• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OMFG pokemon trainer

Baamage

Smash Apprentice
I like the stamina thing because it does eliminate the possibility of another Sheik problem. If you really like using Squirtle, then you're just gonna have to deal with Ivysaur and Charizard. That's one of PT's cons. Ideally though, all the pokemon will be useful anyway.
I don't know, I think Charizard is going to and up being a bowser-type character or something, and Squirtel about as useful as Doc. Ivysaur is probably going to be as useful as Yoshi or Kirby. I'm not complaining though, I love all of em.

And if the Final Smash is Mewtwo, I think it would be hilarious if it was the same Mewtwo from Melee....:chuckle:
Almost better NOT to get the FS then...

EDIT: oh, and I think stamina's just going to be something like they do less damage when they're tired, like how in the other Smash Bros, if you keep doing the same move it does less damage.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Discussion idea:

What is going to happen when the character dies?

Will you lose a life and then the next Pokemon in line will just come out of the pokeball?

Or will Pokemon Trainer disappear when his Pokemon goes flying off the screen, and then come back the regular way, jump back into the background, and send out a Pokemon?

Anyway, sorry if this has been covered before, but I think it is something interesting to speculate.

nintendoxxx1

Smash Rookie
Couldn't they give 'em a name like Ash? On the character select screen the guy will say "Poke'-moooooon trainer!"

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Couldn't they give 'em a name like Ash? On the character select screen the guy will say "Poke'-moooooon trainer!"
I thought about that for a while, then realized that they can't make the character Ash Ketchum, because Sakurai's own rule: No Anime Characters. Ash is an anime character, but Red the Trainer is strictly a video game character, albeit he's based after Ash.

Side-Note: this is also the same rule that crushed my dreams for Goku and Future Trunks! ::sniffle::

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I thought about that for a while, then realized that they can't make the character Ash Ketchum, because Sakurai's own rule: No Anime Characters. Ash is an anime character, but Red the Trainer is strictly a video game character, albeit he's based after Ash.

Side-Note: this is also the same rule that crushed my dreams for Goku and Future Trunks! ::sniffle::
Then play Jump Ultimate Stars. All your wildest dreams shall come true. And unlike Brawl, it is out right now and has Wifi. ;D You can play as Goku and trunks is support (Really cheap support).

But the announcer will probably say "This game's winner is...IVVYYYSAAAAUR/SQUIIIIIRLEEEEEE/CHAAAAARIZARD!"

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
Red the Trainer is strictly a video game character, albeit he's based after Ash.
Late response but you DO realize that the game came out before the anime, right?

The name of the anime protagonist and the default name for the Red/Green player was taken from the creator of the game (Tajiri Satoshi. "Ash" is named Satoshi in Japan).

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
the game came out before the show? really? I was a pokemon freak, during the original 151 supremecy period, right up to the new pokemon. i guess i just completely forgot or faded it out of memory. interesting....

Pichu
Pichu will definitely get the axe, no reason whatsoever to have him in brawl

Jigglypuff
Very debatable. I've heard jiggs was cut from melee originally, but then brought back later on because they needed more characters. Now that there is even MORE "original 151" representation, I get the feeling there is less reason to have jiggs in the game.

Post-151 Pokemon
I believe there will be Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, and one newer character. It's true that pokemon sucked after the original 151, but there is still much more and it's the current roster of pokemon to boot. It needs representation just because it's still going, and to show that nintendo believes post-151 pokemon are good too.

Mewtwo
I have no idea, could go either way on this one.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
maybe this means they wont add any more pokemon? thatd b nice
I've said in another thread before that I wouldn't be surprised if there were 5 or 6 different Pokemon characters (I count PT as one) given the game's popularity and the many possibilities for movesets within the game.

Unlike most of smashboards, I enjoyed Pichu. I don't think he'll be returning though. I don't see why the other three shouldn't return. That leaves room for maybe one or two more. I think it's a safe bet that we'll get at least one more. Lucario seems like a likely candidate.

the game came out before the show? really? I was a pokemon freak, during the original 151 supremecy period, right up to the new pokemon. i guess i just completely forgot or faded it out of memory. interesting....
They might have come out around the same time in America. I dunno. I remember the anime was running when I got Pokemon Blue in 10th grade. In Japan, the game came a year or two ahead of the manga.

Jet_Kirby

Smash Cadet
Pichu definitely does not deserve a spot in brawl
Pikachu has already been confirmed and deserves a spot anyway
Pokemon trainer sounds great and balanced too (stamina aspect and such)
Jiggs although I'm not very good with her as i see it is part of the veteran 12 and so probably in already, but we can only wait and see
One more should make it in, I'm pushing for lucario but i kinda doubt it since brawl has been in production for so long...or maybe a less nerfed mewtwo (please dear god)

Russ3ll

Smash Cadet
I can't say I saw this coming, but I did say to my friend Bobby:
"Bro, how sick would it be if you could play as Ash?"
"Ehh, pretty gay actually."
"Naw man, you'd get to be squirtle and stuff."

IllidR

Smash Champion
Nice. At least we now know that Charizard has dirt instead of smoke like everyone else for his landing animation. lolzer
Are you sure that's because of his landing animation? Maybe it's a possible move he's doing. Though i do have to say if some of the heavier characters kicked up dirt instead of smoke that'd be pretty cool.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Awesoem scans. I wanted to see him in action more. I'd wish we'd get more PT related updates. He's the newcomer that interests me the most right now. (Maybe that's just, because I'm bored to death of Pit, Wario, Zamus, and Metaknight because we've seen so much of them)

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Bluethree, his down special is Pokemon Change, remember? lol

You could be right IllidR, he's in that crouching stance that people who are about to do a massive jump do. He could be ready to up-b or some such thing.

But yea, dirt instead of smoke would work very well....actually, I think it shouldn't matter on weight, it should be the level. Rumble Falls, Yoshi's Island, and parts of Castle Siege, the character should kick up dirt, whereas the tile, metallic, or cement floors such as Delfino Plaza and Lylat System should be smoke. It would add more flavor to the levels, which is what Sakurai wants (proof: very detailed backgronds and special crates&barrels for each type of stage).

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
If anyone would kindly take a moment to look, It appears Ivysaur is doing a Razor Leaf attack.
Notice the little leaves around him, and the razor like cutting that appears to be going on.
^_^

The Brawler

Smash Apprentice
Ya i can say that i never saw this one comming either.. took everyone by complete suprise.. but i dont really like him i mean we already had like what 4 pokemon in melee? In my opinion i dislike the new character of the Pokemon trainer i mean just go buy a pokemon game if thats what you want to do with brawl.

M.K

Level 55
I'm scared.

Do you think we will actually control the pokemon? I have a feeling that...we won't. The pokemon will move by itself...I REALLY hope not! I want to actually control little Squirtle...not order it around!

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
I'm scared.

Do you think we will actually control the pokemon? I have a feeling that...we won't. The pokemon will move by itself...I REALLY hope not! I want to actually control little Squirtle...not order it around!
of course you get to control them what else are you supposed to do? let the computer do the fighting for you. then you wouldn't really be playing.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm scared.

It's usually not my style to be this blunt but. . . you're REALLY dumb. :ohwell:

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
Twas a sad day in Hoo-ville when Pokenmon Trainer was released.
But then something unexpected happened.
Sakrai's heart grew 4 times its normal size and he said
"Why not more third party characters?"

apple joos

Smash Cadet
oh and i think in stages like runble falls and such, red will be on a floating platform similar to the platforms in pokemon stadium.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Nah dude, Pokemon Trainer is gonna climb the waterfall in the background. He'll start cheering his pokemon on, but then when the level starts to move up, he goes off screen, grabs a rock-climbing kit, and starts his trek up the vertical cliffs of Rumble Falls.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
or maybe he just flies up via a Flying type Pokemon...like Pidgeot for example...

Top Bottom