• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OMFG pokemon trainer

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Nah dude, Pokemon Trainer is gonna climb the waterfall in the background. He'll start cheering his pokemon on, but then when the level starts to move up, he goes off screen, grabs a rock-climbing kit, and starts his trek up the vertical cliffs of Rumble Falls.
or maybe he just flies up via a Flying type Pokemon...like Pidgeot for example...
It's a good idea, but I just can't see him doing all that. It's too mush work to do for Nintendo to do, just so Red can go up the stage.

or maybe he just stays where he is and magically floats to the top
This is what I am thinking they will do.
It's crap if it is like that, but it's the most likely one of the three.

MeLeo

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one who is fairly dissapointed with the specials? (Meaning, does anyone else agree with me that 2/3 of them seem like they might suck?)

Squirtle's UpB: 1 of only 2 useful specials, it looks good as a recovering move and maybe as an attack
Squirtle's SideB: looks and sounds too much like Yoshi's current useless SideB
Ivysaur's NeutralB: like someone else said in the closed thread, Shiek's needles only vertical (lame)
Ivysaur's UpB: 1 of 2 useful specials, only good for recovery
Charizard's NeutralB: Bowser's (useless) flamethrower
Charizard's SideB: Ness' UpB anyone? I don't care if it can kill at 0% in 1 shot, if it is as slow and vulnerable to use as Ness' UpB then it can't be used.

I don't mean to sound negative, but, oh wait... I DO mean to sound negative. I hope my fears are unfounded. I know you shouldn't make specific assumptions based on pictures and small captions that go along with them, but meh.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I see your point. I'll just be happy when the title of the update says, "Zelda: Final Smash or Zelda: Special Moves. I'm not a Shiek user, either.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
What they hell happens he is on the bridge of Elidin when the Moblin destroys the bridge i know red is in the background but the whole bridge is gone does he die?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Am I the only one who is fairly dissapointed with the specials? (Meaning, does anyone else agree with me that 2/3 of them seem like they might suck?)

Squirtle's UpB: 1 of only 2 useful specials, it looks good as a recovering move and maybe as an attack
Ivysaur's NeutralB: like someone else said in the closed thread, Shiek's needles only vertical (lame)
Charizard's SideB: Ness' UpB anyone? I don't care if it can kill at 0% in 1 shot, if it is as slow and vulnerable to use as Ness' UpB then it can't be used.

I don't mean to sound negative, but, oh wait... I DO mean to sound negative. I hope my fears are unfounded. I know you shouldn't make specific assumptions based on pictures and small captions that go along with them, but meh.
Waterfall: The water effect looks beautiful! Not only that, but the recovery looks to take him both up AND over, a great tactic.
Withdraw: This might not be that bad. Not only is it very low to the ground (making it a more difficult target to hit), but he might do damage with the water jet that moves him around. My guess is that Squirtle can use Rapid Spin by tapping B.

Bullet Seed: This will probably have high priority, making it an effective tool for dealing with airborne foes that try to get the jump on you. It also has the potential to be a great juggling move.
Vine Whip: Tether Recovery! :chuckle: You can probably control the direction of the tendrils to an extent as well.

Flamethrower: Charizard could be able to change direction at will, just like his Pokéball counterpart.
Rock Smash: It probably will be slow but very powerful. Sure, Ness's UpB is slow and awkward, but true Ness pros know how to effectively utilize it and assuage its disadvantages. Also, Rock Smash is not a projectile like PK Thunder. Think of it more like the Falcon Punch.

I think that this character has ENORMOUS potential. I truly look forward to testing him out!

What they hell happens he is on the bridge of Elidin when the Moblin destroys the bridge i know red is in the background but the whole bridge is gone does he die?
He'll probably jump to one of the sides of the bridge that hasn't been destroyed.

Typo_Brawler

Smash Cadet
I can`t waite to play as pokemon traniner.:chuckle: He lookes so cool. I epeshily can`t waite to use glide on Chrazard. But yeah hes the kind of charater when you say "WTF" at when you first saw him. My friend for one was disapointed when he saw him. lol XD

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Specials are great and all, but we all know that the majority of a character's combat ability lies in their normal attacks. Take Sheik, for example. Down B doesn't count, up B is basically recovery and (risky) mind games. The side B chain is extremely limited use. Needles have good utility, but aren't exactly spammable or something you can rely on as a fallback.

And yet Sheik is top-tier.

That's why I'm really looking forward to taking the three Pokemon (and other characters, of course) for a spin once I have Brawl in my hands.

Smash Ace
IVysaur is going to own Link's dair with Bullet seed.

If I had to call it something, I'd say it's like top tier only cooler.

animan

Smash Cadet
man poke mon trainer is going to be fun to master i will master him after snake of course snake is my main man in this one

lucario_user

Smash Ace

what crawled up your butt? squirtle's side B might hit people with the shell and the stream of water. ivysaur's nuetrel B might be aimable. charizard's side B might be faster than you think. charizards nuetrel B is longer than bowser's flame.(nitendo world movie) I don't know the moves. you don't know either. so shut up.

lucario_user

Smash Ace
if he fought hand and hand it would be awesome if a rattata comes from his sleeve to bite for his a move then a bite from a backpack arbok and then his up b is a flying pidgeot like pit's up b. and so on and so forth.

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad this thread was bumped

Ah well, guess I'll continue the +1 fest before the lock.

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
Charizard looks fun to try out.
I'm pleased by the large number of heavies in this game.
Ike, Dedede, Bowser (improved) and Charizard are all going to be fun to play as!

Top Bottom