• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OMFG pokemon trainer

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow. I can't wait to see how this one plays. Unique characters like this are what gets me excited about Brawl.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Heck, actually it does look awesome.

At first it was a total "WTF?" but it looks very interesting, and controlling three Pokemon FTW!

lollerskater

Smash Cadet
It's also interesting to note that changing between pokemon is different than the Zelda/Sheik transformation because there can actually be a period where there's nothing there for you to hit. Maybe the temporary invincibility will become part of the character's strategy?

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
WOW. My head almost exploded. It was worth the hours of sleep I lost.

I was initially worried that the trainer was playable, but having him control the 3 characters is a brilliant and unexpected move. Unbelievable. I also noticed the trainer stands in the background - this works for most stages, but I see a problem with Rumble Falls and possible the Bridge of Eldin. No worries though, I'm gonna relish the moment.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Wow! I'm very impressed! PT sounds like a highly innovative character. I can't wait to see what kinds of special moves each Pokemon has! I, too, wonder how this character will work as far as what happens when a Pokemon "faints" (or is KO'ed).

Kudos to Sakurai-san for such a cool idea. It sounds like his implementation really catches (pun intended) the flavor of the Pokemon games. Gahh, I'm so excited! =) This is a great newcomer, and I'm far more excited now than I was for Ike. Peach next week is okay by me, just so long as we get more PT this week! I predict that we get Pokemon Stadium this week to match.

Shuma

Smash Hero
What the ****...

I bet NO ONE saw this coming, but that means...

Ridley, Geno, Sonic, Hell Master chief confirmed if Pokemon Trainer is in, that means this game has great surprises for us.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
SAKURAI FKN MIND GAMED US ALL!

WHO SAW THAT ONE COMING?

I stared at the "WARNING" for a good 120 seconds before saying "MIGHT AS WELL" .
Oh man this is amazing. I'm guessing Charizard is not a Pokeball pokemon anymore though.

I say we should all try and main Pokemon Trainer, just for laughs.
Wow. I seriously hope this character isn't lame. I mean, THREE different move sets?

Omg I could ramble for hours about how awesome this update is.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
But they also have another stat, which you might call stamina.

If you keep fighting with the same Pokémon, or if you change them out too often, it’s not so good for the Pokémon.
this sounds like the pokemon become tired after being used too long, so you have to swap out. This is interesting as it prevents someone from using only one, and really makes things interesting. This is such a creative character, I'm loving it

Questions:

- What do alternate colors look like?
- What happens when he loses all his lives? Does he simply vanish as Nana does when Popo dies?
- Does the trainer have crazy jumping skillz, jumping from platform to platform in, say, the everscrolling Jungle stage?

lollerskater

Smash Cadet
Let's not forget that this character is going to have a final smash! Let the speculation begin. Will it be a team-attack, or will each character have an individual final smash?

Also, 4 pokemon trainers playing on the pokemon stadium level = awesomness.

murphy brian

Smash Rookie
thats way cool its like 9 different B attacks. do you think ivisaur is going to use its vines for grabing items and opponents and stuff like that?

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Offtopic, but, wheres Sakurai's character poll?

Also, I still think Lucario will be in it, hes popular in Japan, and hes probally the only new POKEMON that will be in it.

Also, Ivysaur, Charizard, and Squirtle deconfirmed as Pokeballs.

PT's Item: Odviously Pokeball. PT was probally put for Pokeball because he never was really owned by a character

Teej

Smash Cadet
I am without a doubt maining this guy. Period. This is the coolest update EVER.

Yes, even better than Subspace Emmisionary. :O

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman

*eye twitches rapidly*

The suggestion was made but I brushed it off because I couldn't see any to make it work or give a moveset to the guy. Have him in the background with three pokemon attacking. If someone on this boards actually called that then they are an incredible physic.

Sakurai, you've mind gamed all again.

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
this was a great update. I was really wanting to play as the original 3, but I thought using just the trainer and having pokemon be his specials was a lame idea. Puting him in the background and controlling all 3 was brilliant. a first, second,and third evolution and they picked all the right ones. God I cant wait for this game.

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
Here's hoping for the final smash for tomorrow's update. The possibilities are endless, and I don't think I can handle not knowing for an extended period of time.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
It's also interesting to note that changing between pokemon is different than the Zelda/Sheik transformation because there can actually be a period where there's nothing there for you to hit. Maybe the temporary invincibility will become part of the character's strategy?
Yeah I am wandering, if your very quick, could you use this instead of like DI-ing on moves that would normal mean certain death? Could you start up your recovery moves just to make some room to use this instead? Sounds like too many options to avoid damage, which makes me think the pokemon themselves won't be THAT good.

Omg I Went To This Forum As Soon As It Updated Omfg!
I do that with every update. :p

Also, this doesn't deconfirm any new pokemon really, actually, I think the pokemon franchise just got more important in the SSB series, with the addition of a completely unique character. So I'm guessing at least 2 other pokemon make a return/ new challenger.

Top Bottom