• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OMFG New Devil Assist Trophy

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
It's really funny how the UK site calls him Demon even though his origin remains unaltered.

snap said:
i dont get the DBZ reference

what is with them touching fingers? can anybody explain
LURK MOAR lol

Hint: Buu Saga

This was probably mentioned already but this character doesn't have a symbol like Samuraih Goroh... He has the smash symbol... So umm maybe it boosts the likely hood of an animal crossing character...

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I don't understand your logic, but bring up the point that Dr. Wright also didnt have a symbol.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I ****ing loved Devil World. That was one of the best NES games never to touch US shores (Thanks to emulators, I have been able to enjoy it).

I was hoping for Tamagon in the game, but I guess the Devil is cool too.

I hope ****ing Christians don't ruin it for us by *****ing and making Sakurai cut him from our version. They need to realize that God is fake and stop being douches about it.
I agree he shouldn't be cut, and I really doubt it's going to be a big deal except inside fundamentalist communities. However, the way you said it was downright offensive. Way to get warned, if not banned.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
y'know, since there are going to be assist trophies as enemies in the SE, devil would make an AWESOME boss character. like, you would drop down into a maze-like area and devil would be on the top while moving the stage, trying to take you offscreen. or something like that :/

Snap

Smash Ace
y'know, since there are going to be assist trophies as enemies in the SE, devil would make an AWESOME boss character. like, you would drop down into a maze-like area and devil would be on the top while moving the stage, trying to take you offscreen. or something like that :/
does anybody have a picture handy

that I can compare the touching hands thing with?

I looked on google

i searched for "hercule" and a few others, but couldnt find anything similar.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
I can see the comedy side of this AT.

Player A has 1 life
Player B has 3 lifes.

Player A is doing bad, he's at 99% and player B ia only a 3%.

Player A gets an AT "Aha! Now my Assist Trophy shall take care of - uh oo..."

**Devil Dood pops out and takes out both of them**

But I honestly think after about 3 or 4 times his novelty act will wear off an that specific AT will become more of a burden than savoir.

I like how Sakurai is trying to be imagintive and do what he can to give us a totally new SSB experience, but I don't want the whole game to consist of these childish items.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Hey, I'm atheist too, but that's no reason to be intolerant :(
I am just tired of conservative *******s ruining things for everyone else. They are the ones who can't tolerate a SIMPLE WORD. I think it is completely stupid for people to get so easilly offended.

And I basically did just say that for shock value. =P
I enjoy offending conservative christians, because they don't realize it's not the 50s anymore. There are scarier things in the world than the word "SATAN".

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I would agree, and I guess not all can be helpful e.g. Nintendog
In addition, he only points and the screen moves, so I wonder how exactly they got that mechinism in the game to work.

Fawriel

Smash Master
A troll who speaks the truth, lol.
The USA are becoming the laughing stock of the whole rest of the world because of people like that.
And the sad thing is, they are affecting other countries with it as well. >_>

Star105

Smash Journeyman
I am just tired of conservative *******s ruining things for everyone else. They are the ones who can't tolerate a SIMPLE WORD. I think it is completely stupid for people to get so easily offended.

And I basically did just say that for shock value. =P
I enjoy offending conservative Christians, because they don't realize it's not the 50s anymore. There are scarier things in the world than the word "SATAN".
well............ im not Christian so i really don't care about the words that put the image in peoples mind about evil. the reason is that christianity (this is speculation not fact or relevant in any way) has alot of bases in the society today and people will get angry about any references to a bad thing in their religion so Nintendo will try to avoid the controversy and just take him out of the game with minimal downsides so they can get more customers without ruining key aspects of the game..........

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
America is mostly liberal (unless liberal people are 50% more likely to participate in polls), so I don't think you have anything to worry about. Also, if it gets changed or removed for the US version, I'm moving to Japan.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
America is mostly liberal (unless liberal people are 50% more likely to participate in polls), so I don't think you have anything to worry about. Also, if it gets changed or removed for the US version, I'm moving to Japan.
okayyyyyyyy then.................... but they will still try to avoid controversy of him being in the game because of people seeing it as going over to the devil and corrupting young minds or some other crap like that.

i still don't see the point of that but this is our world

Chrisiscool

Smash Apprentice
PAY ATTENTION!!!!!

if they were gonna change devils name 4 the us version, they would of changed it 4 the us website.
c'mon
common sense.

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
America IS pathetic and for those of you that worry about the mega amount of betching ahead, yeah, too many parents are gonna see this trophy and instantly ban their child from this game. What a pathetic, PATHETIC reason. I'm christian and I see nothing wrong here. The trophy isn't named "Worship Satan and join the church of the devil and perform black masses and kill your mother" no, it's an assist trophy that forces most of the characters (i would imagine) to use the footstool jumping off of each other to stay alive. Goodness!

shinypaper

Smash Rookie
I dont think people should stop other people from enjoying a game.
If it bothers their 'consience' then turn it off, or dont buy the game.

lucario_user

Smash Ace
America IS pathetic and for those of you that worry about the mega amount of betching ahead, yeah, too many parents are gonna see this trophy and instantly ban their child from this game. What a pathetic, PATHETIC reason. I'm christian and I see nothing wrong here. The trophy isn't named "Worship Satan and join the church of the devil and perform black masses and kill your mother" no, it's an assist trophy that forces most of the characters (i would imagine) to use the footstool jumping off of each other to stay alive. Goodness!
i know. some people have major problems. one person iknow punishes her kids for saying lord of the rings.

OnceAgain

Smash Cadet
i was kinda raised religious as well and if my mom saw this back when we were religious i wouldnt get to play it either.

lucario_user

Smash Ace
If someone takes this game away from u just cuz this guys in it, then that sucks. I'm christian too, and I don't see anything wrong with it. That would be just like a teacher of mine who said halloween was the holiday of the devil.
im christian too and peolple shouldn't react like this over this freakey, speedo wearing, useless assist trophy.

Top Bottom