• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OMFG New Devil Assist Trophy

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
LOL.
It moves the screen!
Sakurai continues the good updates!
Sights for sore eyes after an agonizing week of useless gunk.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
LOL this one really made me laugh. I wonder how much of the stage is left over after he scrolls the screen.

Anyhow, this trophy is garunteed to make people laugh, thats what im sure off.

strategies? I have no clue..

:( My thread was 2 seconds late.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Talk about a wicked AT. I would get REALLY frustrated if this horrible creature popped out. But it's nice to see another AT. =)

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I think I like this AT. It benefits characters with good recovery IMO. Also, if Fox was the one who threw it and was on stage, laser everyone and kill steal!

Btw, stop with the "OMFG" threads everyone.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Pretty sweet, though its usefulness will likely be determined based on the speed of the scroll and whether or not the amount the screen scrolls based on stage size (i.e: 50% of the stage goes off screen), or if its a set distance. Its pretty sweet though, itll be hella lotta fun in friendly matches and even help cure the brokeness of some stages. Imagine fighting in the underground of hyrule when somewhen gets the Devil and the stage scrolls down. People down there are prolly screwed...

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
What a jerk. This is certainly a developers sick joke. I can't help but find it amusing though. So I do like it. Only downside I see to this is that it really seems to favor characters with multiple jumps and Peach. Though I guess you could footstool your way to safety.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
This update gave us some new info as well. Japenese only characters don't seem so hopeless for brawl. Devil came from a game that was never released in America. So other Japanese only Characters may have a chance to be in brawl after all.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
This update gave us some info as well. Japenese only characters don't seem so hopeless for brawl. Devil came from a game that was never released in America. So other Japanese only Characters may have a chance to be in brawl after all.
You have to remember that Sakurai is shooting for the obscure when it comes to ATs. So that doesn't apply to playables.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
This update gave us some new info as well. Japenese only characters don't seem so hopeless for brawl. Devil came from a game that was never released in America. So other Japanese only Characters may have a chance to be in brawl after all.
Well, Devil World isn't technically a Japanese only game. I hadn't heard of it before so I looked up some stuff about it and apparently it was released in Europe too. It's also apparently the only game made by Miyamoto that was not released in the US.

Snap

Smash Ace
OK like seriously,

does this thing only last for like 4 seconds and once everybody manages to move to where the stage has moved, it's over?

I don't really get it.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
Well that's an interesting AT. Sakurai did say there were going to be some that only dedicated fans would recognize so this is proabily one of them. As for effect, I can see this causing a lot of mayhem depending on the stage and how much space is left over for all four characters. This has got to be one of the most creative AT's yet.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
OK like seriously,

does this thing only last for like 4 seconds and once everybody manages to move to where the stage has moved, it's over?

I don't really get it.

If you take a look at the picture you can see there's really only room for one person to stand. The player that gets to the stage first can gaurd it pretty easily cause there's no where else for his/her opponents to go.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Well it's good to just speculate on such things. I just we can get some new japanese only characters like we did in Melee. It would be a surprise for eveeyone.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
haha just kidding about the last post, I was hoping to mindgames a certain group of people, failed.

Cool AT. I sleep now, big day tomorrow.

Peace, smashboardz.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Looks like this time around, Sakuari won't be caring about Religion reference complaints. Next we could be seeing Sakauri himself or Miyamoto as an AT in god-like form!

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I hope they don't remove this for the US release. I mean, Tamagon, of the the same game for axed from the trophies for melee... religious dickery, or something.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Hi 4chan. I know you're reading this thread lookin for lulz!

Would I have mentioned mindgames if I actually was mindgaming you? or maybe mentioning mindgays is what gayed you in the first place.

*charges DBGT type attack*
*merges with shenron the dr4gon*
*other dragonball related action*

The best part of all this is watching your reactions, I get a dbz type kick out of it!

Shouldnt I be sleeping? Or was that another mindgame?

topic :

Umm the pokemon trainer watches from the background... right? So what happens to him when the screen gets scrolled over?

Thats my biggest question here.

Also, if peach is still in the game, she can abuse this item in obvious ways, imagine the slow.... drifting.. umbrealla pwnage.

Snap

Smash Ace
Hi 4chan. I know you're reading this thread lookin for lulz!

Would I have mentioned mindgames if I actually was mindgaming you? or maybe mentioning mindgays is what gayed you in the first place.

*charges DBGT type attack*
*merges with shenron the dr4gon*
*other dragonball related action*

The best part of all this is watching your reactions, I get a dbz type kick out of it!

Shouldnt I be sleeping? Or was that another mindgame?

topic :

Umm the pokemon trainer watches from the background... right? So what happens to him when the screen gets scrolled over?

Thats my biggest question here.

Also, if peach is still in the game, she can abuse this item in obvious ways, imagine the slow.... drifting.. umbrealla pwnage.
i dont know who you are, but you have mad mindgames

i was convinced you were going to sleep.

anyway, i have a feeling

that

when the devil pushes the stage away

he also takes peach's umbrella

and BREAKS IT IN HALF

and spits in her face and then vanishes

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Hee hee, this item could be as fun as Togepi's Night Shade.
And Remember Dylan, the best defense against the internet hate machine is to pretend it doesn't exist.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
LOL too many whiners out there. What if the screen scrolls DOWN? That doesn't help peach at all, really.

Also, who knows how fast/slow it will scroll? Maybe it will only stay over for half a second.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
What's 4chan? O_o
Basically they read all my posts, then make comics about me. They hope that Ill get mad and ''Bawwwwww'' at every update I don't like. They tend to exagerate a lot. They see me as my avatar, super sayin 3 goku. Which I have no problem with, really. Long hair is metal, and having muscles for eyebrows is just cool.

Kind of sad when you think about it.

Itd be cool to see the Devil Assist trophy own them in some way or another.

Btw what do you guys think about peach abusing this item?

Phred

Smash Journeyman
What's 4chan? O_o
Just an internet hate machine.
Seriously, they think that this form is full of people who hate items and force their ways of playing as Fox/Marth on Final Destination upon everyone, and that's just not true.
We're better off not discussing it.

Top Bottom