• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Yo.

I just thought I'd say hi.

I was Batman's partner in the tourny..the Good Roy Guy? Yep. That be me.

I'd love to take part of these lovely weekly tournaments, but I work late on Tuesdays. Maybe if you had some on Saturdays?

Anyway, I can beat Batman on a regular basis (barring his cheap-***-ness (not the big-headed character from earthbound)that is himself) so that should prove a moderate indicator of how good I am.

I think.

Talk to you again soon Mike.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Heh sorry. I thought you did for some reason. Yeah you got me in our money match. Level's crust. Only time I ever beat you there was the very first time you tried to counterpick there. Its like 5-1 all time now.

Hey there Roy. You guys definitely need to make it down one week. Since alot of people are saying Saturday...how bout in a couple weeks we do like a special weekly and switch it to Saturday? Maybe we can make a small entry fee of like 3 bucks or so. Also, this'll be where I volunteer last seed.

Sound good?

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Yep, that sounds great.

I'm surprised how well you guys remembered me, after that abysmal performance in the Single's tourney in November.

Well, I don't feel too bad about it.

1. I lost to the guy who won the tournament. If you want to lose to anyone, better be the guy who won.

2. Items suck. 'Nuff said.

I'm the Roy guy. And If I had to pick a secondary, Pikachu.

And despite all obvious attempts to call him a piss yellow rat, you can't deny the little guy will kick your ***, because he's still pretty strong (**** YOU HAL LABORATORIES FOR GETTING RID OF HIS SUPER EFFECTIVE ELECTRIC DRILL!!!)

See you soon.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Sir and Batman, I dont think I have ever played you guys. At some point I should be in town on a weekend and I request a smash fest then. Weekdays are so week. But Ill still show up to them at random.
I called it, If im not there next week Aaron gets my forth place spot, oh and next time I want to do seeding

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
Man I really wanted to come and play with you guys on tuesday, but I had practice and was to **** tired to move let alone play smash. But when will the next one be, Sir Roy and I would love to smash with all of you again. Its been a while. Well for him it has I played with a couple of you like last week. So umm..... let me know when the tourney will be.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Rub it in me face why don't we? -____-'

Ah well. I'll have DMC3 on Friday, as well as a few other things. So I'm going to be all action for a few months at least, given how much I like the series.

But looking forward to fighting you guys.

How is the controller situation over there though..?

HuskerTank05

Smash Apprentice
Wut up guys sry I wasnt on the boards last night cuz I wuz gettin my rest on ........................... but neways we should start saturdays in a couples of weeks but the problem is pple work late on saturdays but some pple cant make tuesday either well we are just gonna have to talk it all out and see wuts the best day of the week for everyone then. Just post it up.

Personally I think the final say would come from Baal,Murn, and Shim thou cuz you know it is their house:>

Sheik_1234

Smash Cadet
My vote is to never let Mo do seeding again but thats just my opinion...LOL just kiddin Mo ur never gonna live that one down!

Saturday would be the only possible time I could attend so that sounds like a good idea to me.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Its best to bring your own controller but I think some can be provided. Every Tuesday is when they smash. A few of us want that to be Saturday instead.
Heres an Idea. We could have Saturday Morning smash. 8 AM to 5 PM.

Note: Mo is banned from seeding.
:chuckle:

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Saturday Morning? Eeeesh...I'd prefer something a little later in the day, but if it has to be morning, I could at least try.

My top performance hours are afternoons and nights though.

I don't know...

Though how am I gonna get there? Just as an indicator, I live incredibly close to Batman though....

Tacoom

Smash Lord
I just figured since most like to do other stuff on a Sat night that we smeesh in the morning. Its only a suggestion

Big Burn

Smash Lord
i dont think that having tuesday night smeash should be on sat.... sat is more for partying and doing other stuff besides smeash..... so yeah unless its held somewhere else then it will be tuesday at the slater/murn house

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I still think my idea is the best one. We keep Tuesday night SMeesh going, but in a couple weeks we switch to a special Saturday weekly, when like 5-10 extra people like Proxamis, Batman and his friend, Jeff, etc. can make it. Like a one time thing maybe in 2 weeks, especially since there will be no FFC tourney in March. THis could replace that.

Just basically a special Weekly. Anyone else think this is a good idea?....

Proxamis

Smash Rookie
I think that a once a month smash on saturday would be great cause then i could definately make it. I want to roll some new people that I've never played.My friend B.J. is better than me most of the time and he says saturday afternoon and nights are good too.

HuskerTank05

Smash Apprentice
That sounds really good bout the once a month sat. thing we should keep that for good as long as its good with Baal,Murn, and Shim we could make it like a 3-5 dollar entry and make it like the 2nd or 3rd Saturday of each month and then also still have Tuesday night smeesh for practice and fun:>

Tacoom

Smash Lord
For those prizes and entrees fees, It should be divided up 65/25/5/5. 2nd place does not get any cash, just a pat on the ***. That last 5% is for me since I have to drive 100 miles and gas is increasing. Help a brother out :chuckle:

dmac

Smash Champion
2nd place should be a autographed picture of mike falco, and a can of coke, just as a reminder that 2nd place is the 1st loser, and mike owns

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Sad to say that Mike hasnt been champ for some time now. Hes finding his inner Jiggy. But a autographed photo of mike is what I have always dream to have.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
*Strikes cocky pose*

2 weeks running, 3 time champ overall. :D Yosh > Me though. That's why they call me worst in the nation.

If anyone's seen the picture of Mike he has in his room...well you'd know he wouldnt be hesitant to give out autographed photos lemme put it that way.

We dont need to have them once a month, but it'd be nice to have them when FFC doesn't have one, such as this month.

Sheik_1234

Smash Cadet
LOL Mo I have actually seen that pic and it is freakin scary...

You have gotten really cocky lately I must say :o I want to play sometime this weekend, does anyone else?

dan smith

Smash Champion
Cocky is as cocky does.

Yeah...you guys all need to realize how much you suck. You guys suck. (hard)

Lawrence Punx will own you with our eyes closed. (that's not a thread, it's a promise)

Bring on the paaain!!!

cue

Smash Journeyman
i'll be down to play tonight at 1 am when i get off of work, hit me up if anyone is dow. If you dont know my number then find someone that does, if you cant find someone that does then i may not want to smash with you....:crazy:

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Cocky? I dont see why I would be. Shem knows...worst in the nation right hurr. Jeff do you know the one I'm talking about?Where he is kinda staring off into space, flexing his arm, but at the same time trying to make it look like he isn't flexing it? Wearing a beater no less.

I woulda called you David but I was too pissed about Kansas losing to mighty mighty BUCKNELL BISON and Syracuse losing to the frightening good VERMONT CATAMOUNTS. Disgusting.

Psssh Dan Dan Dan....must we remind you that Omaha boys finished 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th (tied with Dmac) at the last tourney? :D

It's ok though cuz Lawrence extended their winning streak in crews.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind coming up there if I had a ride.

And Tuesday night Smeesh-fests don't phase me anymore. Ahem.

Jobs suck.

So.....I'll be open for awhile it seems.

cue

Smash Journeyman
I just learned how to L can. useing L :crazy: ( used to use r )...and like it made my game really different, i need to play someone to test this mumbo out

DualEdge

Smash Cadet
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on the status of the April tourney. I had originally wanted to have a BIG tournament weekend for April, but it seems that it's not going to happen. The GMs of FFC aren't being very cooperative for some reason. I had originally set out to have tournaments in Halo 2, Smash, Mario Kart DD, and possibly another title around the time of Spring Break around here (which would be around the 2nd week of April), but the wrench got thrown in the works when it came down to money. I'm going to be very honest with all of you, because I believe you should hear the truth. Last time we had a Halo 2 tournament, there was like $660 up for grabs for the 1st place team (4 players per team). While the GMs were pleased with the tournaments' turnouts (Smash included), they felt that we gave back too much money. So they wanted me to put together another tournament where 1st place would've been worth roughly half the original amount, and of course it would snowball down to 2nd and 3rd place as well. That does not sit well with me. I believe that one of the biggest draws of tournaments nowadays is the amount of money up for grabs, especially if you have won a tournament like that before. It's all the more incentive to come back and defend your title. Smash was not mentioned when talking about the money thing, and I believe that David and I can prevent that from changing. In fact, I'd like to see more money given back to the players. But time will tell what happens...
As for the next tournament, having it in April is still on but as mentioned above, on a smaller scale than what was originally intended. I am going to shoot for the last weekend of the month. In the last email, I mentioned that there would be more money to win this time. Though that was written before my meeting with the GMs, technically we can still do it if you all want to. David and I tossed around the idea of charging $10 for entry (for now, we'd remain at FFC taking $2 for experimental purposes, but FYI the most we'd ever take is $3), but you will be most affected by this decision so your input would be appreciated. Thanks for being patient, guys.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Nooo, I don't wanna give more money to dark rain T_T
Stick with your $7 dollars. More then the average 5 and under the possible gouging of 10. Of course the pot % work well I believe. I just don't remember what they were.
I believe that once you know you will have a huge amount of people you can start charging for more money, MAYBE, if some big shot announces that he is coming...maybe...but I don't think that's very fair to the normal attendees.

Mike Falco lover

Smash Journeyman
Yall ****** is gonna get the pain of Falco this tuesday.... I am back... and its Falco all the way!!!!!! ultimate gangsta smasha ... I will make sure to take care of Mo this time guys.... I messed up and gave it to him last week... never again-----

HuskerTank05

Smash Apprentice
I think you should stick with 7$ cuz its a reasonable amount plus alot of pple come b/c of the price to get in. NEways if first place did get 600$ or so. What would it matter THEY EARNED IT!!!!!!

I just dont see why the GMs would even say nething about it cuz it doesnt really affect FFC NEways. I mean are you guys losing money b/c of the tourneys or is it that they just want to frustrate gamers to the point where they dont come back.

Sure its just a 3$ raise from the original price but if they like the idea of doing that then down the road from now it could get up to like 20-25$ per entry!!

I just think FFC shouldn't change NEthing bout the tourneys b/c alot of pple like them the way they are you play your hardest to compete with other gamers and see how good you are and others as well. and from my understanding we are getting alot more recognition as far as Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, and other places in NE. I just wouldn't want 2 see everone turn away b/c the prices keep getting jacked up.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
How do you get to these Smashfests anyway? I don't have any directions! And most likely, no ride either.

PeachPunk

Smash Apprentice
wow i missed a lot on my board its nice to actually post on my own computer tho. well this last weekends smeesh wasn't all that great but maybe that was b/c i was drunk!!! that and yoshi's little bro kept calling me an alcoholic!! I am not an alcoholic i just like to get intoxicated every now andthen and dam-n it it was my spring break!!! But yeah granted to say i still put up a pretty good drunken fight lol!!! OH yeah for everyone else my boyfriend Baal has retired from playing competitive smash!!! he dosn't wanna go to anymore tourneys or anything at this moment. Don't know about it in the future but he said hes not going to post anymore as well! Sorta suxz but just thought ppl should know.

dmac

Smash Champion
i dunno how often dual edge checks the boards, but a lot of people from ks won't be coming to a FFC tourney if its held on the last weekend of april, that conflits with smym3 in illinois. so if someone (david!!) could relay that information that'd be sweet

Mike Falco lover

Smash Journeyman
Man I knew u were weak Baal but not that weak... Come on keep playing... I like always powning u.... Man smeash is at 50th and Capital..... It is right behind the Dundee theater.... Just holla at mike at 612-0375... Falco is back in action folks.... L-cancelling everyone of his moves..... and mastered wavedashing.... cant wait till i own on tuesday.... ultimate gangsta smasha....

only1Z

Smash Champion
Originally posted by dmac
i dunno how often dual edge checks the boards, but a lot of people from ks won't be coming to a FFC tourney if its held on the last weekend of april, that conflits with smym3 in illinois. so if someone (david!!) could relay that information that'd be sweet
Absolutely, if Dmac don't go, then most of us don't either, mostly because he is the main ride =/

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Heh I guess it would be. But the competition is what counts *sigh* I guess either one works for me regarding the entry fees. More is on the line with $10, but we don't want to scare away the local pot-feeders hehe...

Looking forward to seeing the rejuvenated Falco player this week :p Shea on the other hand, massively disappoints me :-( Cmon bro, its all fun and games in the end anyways. Hell if you want dude start working on your IC's. It'll be fun.

Nice that you keep us updated on the FFC scene DE.

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
Ahh man OG(old-school ganksta for yall who don't know) Mike's Falco is back in good form huh. Well you know what Mike I've been revampin my **** to. So prepare yourself man. Mike I was callin you saturday wanted to go at it again. so holla at me this week aight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom