• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Those pics are from t-o-u-r-n-a-m-e-n-t-s. Something the players around here not named Quen usually go to :-P

Devon's avatar is crust.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
ok guys sorry very short notice.

i was thinking of maybe holding on the 13th (Sunday) a mini tourney. i talked to victor and he said that he would try to get 5 including him of des moines to come, and if all of you came we'd have close to 20. like i said though, thats if everyone were to come, that means Mo, mike, echo, smeesh, leon, tacoom, his little brother, dragon maybe, and possibly uli and 3 or 4 of his friends. i'd have 5 to 6 of my friends show up to my house since they live right in town with me. now it'd be like a 5 dollar buy in for it, which wouldn't be bad, regular tourney rules and such.

60% 1st
30% 2nd
10% 3rd

the only thing that could cause a problem would be the lack of set ups, and this would be in my basement so it'd be packed to ****. i have two tvs now in my basement, and two set ups, if we were to have 20 i'd say we'd at least need two more tvs and cube set ups.

we could even do a doubles tourney, 5 per person or possibly just 5 per team. if we did it the pot for first if the show up would be 20, the pot would be 100 dollars, so 60 for first in singles, and if we were to do 5 per team, would be 30 dollars, and if we did 5 per person it'd be 60. please think this over, if you don't think that this is a good idea or too short of notice, i understand i'd just like to repay you all for missing the smashfests and not showing up for all my talk and no action.

i still have to talk it over with the parents though, so this is not for sure, just an idea.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
after thinking about it i think i'll just wait for a better time for everyone, and instead of just like 15 showing up, i'll try to get about 25 and actually set up a tourney, its too soon to do, maybe around early october when echo's and smym6, and gamers tourneys are over i'll get that tourney goin.

Echo

Smash Champion
yeah dude our mini darkrain is most likely leaving :( and so I am left here heartbroken. I thought we had something special, but I guess not. We were supposed to get a place together n ****. now i'm just a poor white kid livin in his dads basement ownin these lvl 1 comps with bowser. ****it

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
WTF Devon going to Texas what the fuc for. Devon explain yourself. I think you can give Mike that much since your going to leave him.

Echo

Smash Champion
nunununununununununununun batman
nunununununununununununun batman
batman
batmaaaaaaaaaan

we smashin on devons birthday. but not on his actual birthday. just next weekend.

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
Aight Mike, so i guess smeesh is'nt moving so thats cool right!!! So Mike better get rid of your new boyfriend before devon finds out:chuckle:

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
nahh its kool leon, see we thought we'd do this couples thing where all 4 of us could go camping or something, and you know, you can just come along with me ;)

Echo

Smash Champion
wtf is up with all you whitey hatin gangstas tellin me how to spell. like.... i hate you :(

MaJiK

Smash Ace
hum.... i didn't know that if all players held L or R that alternate music would be played... interesting

5 weeks w/o a post and this is all i gotta say...:p

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
i think i might be coming by myself, idk if my friends will be up to going after our friday night football game, we will see i'll try my best to get them to come, and if not i'll make it unless some ridiculous thing comes up like our coach getting pissed at us for losing the game..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom