• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Taking a trip to denver i think mid-september, but i should have new tires/other SD players interested for an end of september journey out there. Or sometime in October

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Ya I'll let you know about future tournaments, I'd love to do them buuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttttttt, it's gonna be tougher but, idk, I need to find a new venue or I guss I could do my parents place but that doesn't work for obvious, really bad reasons.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I understand, SD went dead when the guy with a gamer cafe shut that **** down without any warning. Cant really throw one on base cause i cant get randoms through the security, and I dont know of any other place in the city so.... yeah

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
lol @ the lyrics, pretty clever. TBH I liked the beat in some of your other tracks better than this one and the audio seems a bit less clear but maybe you were trying something new with it, idk.

In other news, I'm in Chicago, probably gonna be playing sveet sometime later this week before the regional in Chicago this weekend. Some pretty decently sized names will be there.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I am gonna be at the smash regional in chicago otherwise I might be at Jokers.

Also I hope you like giving people 50 dollars.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I don't know when the next one is going to be, I'm somewhat busy now :/ Like I have saturday off but yeah, venue.

They haven't announced melee at that tournament in KS on the 29th yet.

I know chicago is planning a tournament, and there's a few in MI, but idk.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
No way for me to make the tourny either, SD monthly (first in a few months). 100 deposit put on the place, flyers passed out around town. If we want a community, we have to hold consistent tournaments.

Otherwise, id say **** it, get a few guys interested, and make the trip.

:phone:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I bought the new KOF but haven't popped it in yet. Most of my fighters collect dust cause everyone on base is COD/BF no0bs, and hyper-casual about all other gaming. They play a few matches, get rofl-stomped, say you have no life, then go shoot things to lick their wounds

resTy

Smash Champion
I haven't played Smash competitively ever since SMYM and I don't play any other games competitively (lol @ me playing Marvel and KOF). I've become a Spiral Knight in the past couple of months though. It's not a great life. Would not recommend.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Fighting games aren't that great for casual gaming definetly. Its nice to find people though who are into fighters because most of the time they aren't such sore losers.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
So, since last coming and playing...

Kobo settled on peach. Prior to coming he still went Ganondorf, Fox, Falco, and Peach. We told him Peach was his best, but he was HELLBENT on alternating in that order, win/lose/counter picking be damned. His peach takes games off Selodin sometimes now, he's getting component

Selodin/Me are having legit sets now. Taking JBM's pointers on how to switch my falcon has helped a lot. Looking forward to the next time we come out

Top Bottom