• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

Uli

Smash Champion
idk if i will be able to make the tournys after this one! poopie
we'll see

so whos up for some trick O treatn SUCKAAAS

happy halloweenz

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about going with Dv02 and his brother and I probably can go, but apparently the ride situation is really weird so I need to know by tomorrow whether or not they are going.

Echo

Smash Champion
Looks like MTKD's car might be the only ones making it from Des Moines =/

hopefully something happens with the other cars driving situation.

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
Second page of the Midwest forum? Not on my internets.

Was curious if you guys want me to host a tourney in late January for Melee or wait until early March for Brawl.

Faellie

Smash Apprentice
I thought you didn't want to host any more.. >.> I haven't talked to Joel or the A51 guys about another, but I'm pretty sure they would be up for it...... :\

Uli

Smash Champion
someone should hold a tourny before brawl comes out then we all go wait in line for brawl

mike held a tourny before the wii came out, was purty cool except it was in columbus O.O

Echo

Smash Champion
lol yeah except this time people can have pre-orders, and not have to skip the tourney to be in line, that was a big problem with PP2. Atleast now everyone could still attend and get the game at midnight. Sounds like a great idea... but where are we gonna have it?

Uli

Smash Champion
idk, we still got a while, find a venue i suppose or maybe ffc or something can let us do something

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I dun think I am goin this Saturday. Most likely I'll be road tripping to Kearney to with my friends to watch Central play in the State semis. Should be a fun trip.

It was hard for me to be motivated as much for Smash since I turned 21 :-/ I been focusing most of my attention on putting in as many hours at the tables as possible and it's paying more dividends than Smash ever could. I will prolly be attending tournies mostly for fun/competition now, where before I cared ALOT about making the money now it's not as big of a deal. I mean, I've won single pots at the shoe that were more than the first place money at the last 3 tournaments I played in. Another problem at the last tourney was it hard for me to be motivated to win the money that WAS there when I knew that the venue took 200 out of the pot. Tough call there lol.

Honestly, right now, it's unlikely that I'll even get Brawl as I barely spend any time playing video games, it wouldn't be worth the money I would spend on the system. The only games I really play right now are Smash and Hero 3, and I'm sure Hero 3 will get boring fairly soon.

As we all know, it's extremely difficult to quit this game completely so I highly doubt that will be happening any time soon. And sorry this ended up being such a long post, I definitely didn't have this in mind it was sort of stream of consciousness lol...

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Mo, I'm gonna hit you up some time when you go to the shoe so I can watch you work. I'm planning on starting to play there some time since I live 5 min away

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
Holy **** Im actually on smashboards?!!? This is a breath of fresh air mah doods. :) Anyways, good **** that the tournament on Saturday guys. Darkrain is gonna get slooped at the FFC tourny this week o.O.. yeah I went thur yo.

Lanyx

Smash Cadet
Be careful Tyser!

Does PCChris use smashboards? I'm wondering how he goes about pillaring without wavedashing., as I heard he isn't huge on wavedashing.

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
I thought you didn't want to host any more.. >.> I haven't talked to Joel or the A51 guys about another, but I'm pretty sure they would be up for it...... :\
I'd probably look into a couple other places first before I went with Area 51. I just wanna see if the interest is there before I went with this.

Lanyx

Smash Cadet
You can add Kal under the Lincoln players. I'm not sure how many tournaments he plans on going to but I can prolly convince him to go to most.

Also for the 10th tournament, I don't have a car right now.. so I might need a ride. Preferably from someone who'll be coming back to Lincoln that night :(

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
so for the 10th tournament, I don't have a car right now.. so I might need a ride. Preferably from someone who'll be coming back to Lincoln that night :(
*cough* Ben *cough*

If I got to the November 10th tourny then I wont be able to go to the Des Moines tourny on the 17th... o.O and vice versa... My parents dont want me wasting their money on pety things such as video games. If I get a job they said I can go though.

Echo

Smash Champion
i'm bout hit 9000 myself, you guys better watch out.

btw slik needs to make me a sick sig like uli's wtf a panda with chainsaw arms i need me some of that!!! lol (atleast i think its a panda... its kreepn though)

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
Dude, just go to a sig shop.. That's what Im doing right now... In the middle of gettin me a sexy Samus sig... Im going home now guys.. Ill cya tomorrow or something, peace!

Uli

Smash Champion
jon that is the most BOOWLNNEST sig EVER!!!
and can you kreeep FFC?!?!

anywhooo...

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
Dam.nit, Ive requested sigs at like 10 shops and no one is done yet... also I guess I keep violating rules o.O Sux balls.. Anyways, coming to school just to get on the boards if fu.cking weak as fu.ck.. Anyone else from Nebraska going to the FFC in Des Moines? Because if I am the only one kreepin then I might not go, Ill feel awkward w/o my crew O.O.. Also, Smash is making me sad lately, I need more games...

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
Dood, I PM'd MTKD on youtube but he hasnt responded yet, hopefully he's gettin em in.. Sux that I only got 2 or 3 matches of me, and they were team battles o.O, so krust... *sleeps in PKI and waits for more replies*

Echo

Smash Champion
tyser why wouldnt I be going to the tourney in des moines... c'mon dude...

also, I'm getting off at 3 on that friday so I can make it on time :)

Secks.

Smash Ace
tyser why wouldnt I be going to the tourney in des moines... c'mon dude...

also, I'm getting off at 3 on that friday so I can make it on time :)
Dude.... You can give me a ride now and I won't worry about driving my Jeep to KC. Then we'll go beyond with Phat and ****.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
News meng
Im aboot 96% sure that im going to have to work on Sat-ur-day the 17th
Des moines might be a no go :(

Echo

Smash Champion
oops i must have edit'd a post in a wrong thread.

The tournament is going to be at UNO, and its best that you try to get there at around 10 or so, just to be safe. You all have my number though, so I can let you know if you wanna just call and ask me about something. I still have to talk to David himself, but Mike said it was at UNO and should be starting around 11 or noon. We are playing games at my house tomorrow night so anyone is welcome to come if you like. I'll post tomorrow with anything I find out.

Top Bottom