• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

Shawn C.E.

Smash Cadet

Since Devon is in mystery land or God knows where. We must convince him to come out to games. So here is my attempt. I will lure him out with kittens.:)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Games update #3

Like the title says I may or may not be able to host games tommorrow depending on when my family leaves for Missisppi so I'll will let you guys know. I am also going to Krypton comics tommorrow for a yugioh tourney with a few friends tommorrow as well and I will be there till at least 10:30-11:00 then I will be going home by walking or getting a ride with somebody so I'll keep in contact with you guys when I done and if my folks are leaving tommorrow or not. As for going with you guys to BTEH2, I won't go if I don't have enough money for the trip and back letting you guys know so yeah that is all.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
It's offical I am hosting games tonight and my family except for my older brother who had to stay for work went out of state for family. The time to show up is around 10:30-11:00 if your interested and the address is 6325 S. 150th street.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
HEY NEBRASKA

You guys need to get ROB to BTEH2.

He and I are going to a 1v1 $50 Beer Olympics MM Post Tourney.

Events will be:
$10 Beer Pong
$10 Speed Quarters
$10 Drunken Rap Battling
$10 Drunken Megaman (his CP)
$10 Fire Dancing (my CP)

In the event of a tie, we play $5 Circle of Death to determine the winner (no homo)

We need someone to cart his sorry *** back down to Lawrence so that I can take his money. Sets will be recorded and put on to youtube, but we can't do this if yall are hype killers and won't come to the tourney

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I can see this going 2-2 into the fire dance, or maybe even 3-1 my favor depending on

A. rules for speed quarters
B. If someone gets my jokes during the rap battle.

iow-I'm not losing beer pong to an asian man

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Smash is pretty dead.

Went to the tourney yesterday. Placed 2nd with rob in teams, beat jace and massive twice/lost to dark/dmac twice. I placed 3rd in singles. Rob placed 5th beating a few players i didn't expect.

There were 7 teams and 16 people for singles.

Darkrain
Jace
JBM
Dmac
Rob/??

KyloWinter

Smash Ace
So I've been trying to play mvc3. But the lag online kills it. I think fighting games will never have the same widespread popularity as FPS and RTS games due to this.

Seriously, I've never had so much lag as I've had with online console games. Is this how it normally is with console games? No ping monitor to let you know?

MaJiK

Smash Ace
Yeah I played the best I have ever played yesterday, still can't believe I almost beat Dmac.
i beat dmac......

So I've been trying to play mvc3. But the lag online kills it. I think fighting games will never have the same widespread popularity as FPS and RTS games due to this.

Seriously, I've never had so much lag as I've had with online console games. Is this how it normally is with console games? No ping monitor to let you know?
i know exactly what u mean there is a completely different strategy when playing online. Its almost like playing an rts imo. You sit there and you both through out moves your opponent can't react too and hope your move wins so you can start your combo cut/copy/repeat

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Tony you should come play games more often.

Everyone should play more often. Everyone enjoys the game.

I realize the game is old but when it comes down to it smash is one of the most enjoyable games.

Or maybe im just bias because i can do alot of cool combos.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
i've been sick this last week but im looking forward to next games dude
been playing smash with dev lately i think my falco might get real

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
i beat dmac......
You are also better than me, but did you beat his Fox?

People still talk about "almost" winning? I thought this was 2011.
I feel the "'Almost' winning" attitude is good for me at this point. I went OOS and got 5th in melee, played really well against someone I think is quite a bit better than I am in DMAC and Jace and I beat some notable players in the KS/MO area, also getting 2nd in doubles and beating some pretty stacked teams, considering how big of a scrub I am I'm pleased.

Actually Tyser told me like a year ago I would probably be one of the best teams players around here because I just run in and throw moves with no regard at lower %'s.

resTy

Smash Champion
All the good players from our state has beaten Dmac at one point or another in a tournament before. That said, he has winning records vs. all of us, except maybe JBM.

Top Bottom