• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I may go, I definitly want to go to both that and Netwars but idk if I can make both of them.

Also, there is talk of another BBQ/Smash tournament at dans now that the pool has opened, we should figure out a day that works for everyone for that, KS melee expressed interest in coming up for the next one and (because you care) the brawlers from KS/MO have expressed interest in coming too and I'm sure Iowa would too.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
ROCKET RACOON! mutha ***** ROCKET RACOON!!

not anyone awesome like Carnage or Venom

or god forbid Toxin

They went with mutha ***** rocket racoon......
and Hawkeye is a joke too
at least nova could be awesome

MaJiK

Smash Ace
i'm also a little upset that the game i bought in February has to be traded in by Christmas cause japan had the tsunami?
what natural disaster made them come out with SSF4?

i think capcom is about to lose a lot of fans if they are re-releasing all their games

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
i'm also a little upset that the game i bought in February has to be traded in by Christmas cause japan had the tsunami?
what natural disaster made them come out with SSF4?

i think capcom is about to lose a lot of fans if they are re-releasing all their games
Tony speaks for me as well, plus they fired Inafune, what a bunch of morons, he's top 3 most important game makers.

Though I did lol @ Rocket Raccoon, seriously, where's Nightcrawler/Carnage?

Or Megaman x.

You heard it first though im def trying out firebrand.
Both of these, but it's because they are buring mega man at the moment :(

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
These threads are dead.

Sadly, I have to work Saturday from 7 a.m.-noon, first Saturday I've worked in a long time, so I can't make it to MIST. There are literally 4 people that can't cover the facility, and I'm the only one left who can legally sit inside of a gym.

However, I will be Hosting Games/BBQ/Fun Saturday at my house of homes for those who are not attending MIST.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
*FACTCHECKED"*i was so discouraged by no venom/megamanx in UMVC3 that i didn't fact check shi+
it seems iron fist is in the game as well

he could be hype as *** seeing as though he's an interdementional chi user who punched the heart of a dragon to earn the title "Iron Fist"
Nova will be in the game

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
What up folks I am using internet at my Aunt's house now someone recap the the gaming info that I missed from Comic Com, EVO and smash tourneys please?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Cook of STL is going to be in Nebraska tomorrow

Friendly reminder of Games at my place tomorrow, I have an above average selection of fighters systems diet pop Mega Man games to be played.

Cook is going to be in attendance but I'll play any game I own with a 95% accuracy rating.

Also, beer later.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
What are traveling plans for this saturday?

I plan on going saturday morning. Jake and maybe shawn are coming with me, and i know bolun is going too so he will probably ride with me.

Btw if you didn't pre preg its like 30 dollar door fee lol.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Netwarz and Screenland Showdown are .2 miles away from each other, it says it's a 4 minute walk on google maps, 30 second drive.

NETWARZ

http://www.elitekcgamers.com/midwestnetwarz.html

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305642&page=10

Just another (and possibly final) reminder.

If you have not registered yet, PM ME

Midwest NET Warz has been nice enough to give me a lot of freedom in terms of discounts for the community. But if you show up at the door without pre registering, there's not a whole lot I can do for you at that point because I'm not in charge of the admissions table.

TLDR - If you want to save your money, you'll PM me
11:00am 1st Round of Gaming
-2v2 MW2 - Mortal Kombat- Super Smash Brothers Melee
12:00pm
-Rock, Paper, Sissors Tournament- we will see who the best is !!!
2:00 pm 2nd Round of Gaming
-2v2 Black Ops - Marvel vs Capcom 3- Super Smash Brothers Brawl Teams
5:00pm 3rd Round of Gaming
-4v4 MW2 - Super Smash Brothers Brawl Individuals

- Super Smash 64 - Depends on the registration (I'm assuming it's gonna be during the 8:00 p.m. 4th round of gaming

Screenland

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...mp-and-ifc-yipes-north-kansas-city-mo.140688/

The bad thing about this is that if you make top 4 in any of these you have to be there Sunday as well for all tournaments, even MK9.

ALSO WE SHOULD PROBABLY FIGURE OUT RIDE STUFF, I WANT TO GO FRIDAY.

Uli

Smash Champion
who is all going to the tournys this weekend? i want to go but i doubt ill have fundings to go ;_;

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
What up folks I got access to another computer again and I read up on the past few days and it's some funny **** on what happened to Trent getting beat by Thugz but I'm not here for that. What I am on here for is that I may be able to host games and/or house people at my new house at the end of the month for battle to end hunger 2 cause my folks is going to Mississipii to see family for about 3-5 days and I may not go with them so if that happens, I am able to host games with about 3-4 available Tv's and a Big screen if poeple are willing to bring an 360 or a PS3 if that happens. Bring systems and what not if I stay home at the end of the month. I'll try to keep you guys furthur posted when I have access to an computer with internet again or you can just text me for more info or talk to Rob bout it a little.

resTy

Smash Champion
Why would people from Nebraska, or anyone for that matter, need housing from a tournament that is in Kansas? I'm confused.

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
How come we only like playing real bad games?
On a point exactly opposite to this, MegaRobMan whats your record on Megaman 5? I'm free all day tomorrow and I've never really timed myself playing Megaman so I'm going to do it with the best one I'm at. ( i.e. the only one I've beaten without continues )

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Usually, I prefer for Mega Man questions to be asked in the Mega Man Thread, however, since that thread is dead (Echo and I haven't scheduled our 8-bit mega man marathon where we play MM1-6 and 9-10, that's why) I'll answer it here.

Honestly, under 45 minutes, but I haven't mined MM5 because the game is all based on luck. Nope, not due time restrictive enemy placement, which is the case on a few other areas in the series, no, this game is dependent on Weapon Energy drops. If you get a lot of weapon energy, the way you play the game change, thanks to the Super Arrow and the fact that you can ride 1 arrow on to another (can have 3 arrows on screen at time) to the top of the screen or close to it, and ride the arrow safely and really fast across like 5 screens in 2 seconds.

If you want to really run the game, play on an emulator and figure out the best routs for the super arrow and what levels using the M-tank to refill the Super Arrow would make the most sense. Mega Man 5 is a game that may be best played as a TAS, because there is no way a perfect run could be done for MM5 without it. The run on Speeddemoarchives reflects that because he makes like 10 mistakes, but still has a good run because he gets a lot of weapon refills allowing him to skip areas he couldn't have otherwise, but he doesn't even get the M-tank in Crystal mans level or in the Proto/Wily levels.

Mega Man 5 is the game I think I may tackle next so good luck! My Mega Man 1 time is already faster than the record, just need to record it on a perfect run.

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, okay well, as I've said before, I also own 2, 4,6,8, and 9 so just pm your records and I'll try to get within 2 times your time. I've loved megaman but never got "good" so I think it will be fun doing some more of it and get better. Also, expecting to get slapped because of my insolence, what is a TAS?

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, I'm not sure if I'm going to use TAS right away though because I think I need to learn the games a little bit more. But awesome and thanks. Also, which megaman game would you recommend to a novice like myself?

Top Bottom