• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
@ Mo: Shogun is gonna get his shit pushed in against Machida. Im gonna guess its gonna go to a decision.

@ Genie: I dunno what youre asking me lol. But uhh, Ill try.
- Link sucks in all the games but you can make him suck less by being a good player with him. Yes, he has a ton of bad matchups, he's low tier.
- ICs, Peach, Yoshi thing, Yes. They are tough to use (in Melee).
- Falcon is only good in 64 and Melee. Gdorf is a mid tier in Melee and hes a pretty legit char, sucks balls in Brawl though. There really isnt any hope for him in Brawl seeing as he's the worst of the worst.
- MK is friggin broken and overpowered as hell. Top tier priority, super fast, 4 jumps, strong as hell. He's everything you want in a character.
- And his Ike would get shit. I bet he's one of those Ike's who just holds the A button. Ike is a bad char who cant win, end of discussion.
- Good luck on beating him. If you use Ganondorf you wont win. I played against you last time and 3 stocked that Ganon lol.
True I also working on my Ganon matchups against players and i might use my D3 just to piss him off with the Chaingrab. Also my ganon beat a friend that used pika by spiking and flame choke all day but it was a close game. Also thanks for the help and If I decide to beat him with my Ganon, it will be LOL all day and he's so confident in his killing power that he doesn't edgeguard. So good luck to me.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I hope Shogun KOs him because Machida drinks his ow piss lol...that said I don't see any way this doesn't end with Shogun KTFO. Remember, Machida's gonna have 5 rounds to finish him not just 3. Shogun's last 3 fights: subbed by Forrest, taken to a decision by 44 yr old, KO 40 year old washed up Liddell. The dude has done nothing that makes me think he can beat a fighter who has shown no weaknesses.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
True that Shogun hasnt proven himself in the least bit in UFC but the guy is still mad talented. He owned people in Pride, but he's out of his prime right now :'( I dun like the fact that he lost to Forest Griffin. I dont think Griffin is a good fighter. He just has a ton of heart is all. Not a big fan of brawlers -_-

Ballin

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, just to let you know.
i've been practicin my tech skill in my room son.
u better watch out.... i can hit my l-cancels 50% of the time now!

Tacoom

Smash Lord
I sort of planned on it but thats only cuz I need to stop in bww and pick my check.
75% of the journey, whats another 25

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Games aren't gonna start till 9:30.

If people don't show interest by 830 or so they aren't happening at all.

people who are needing housing idk.

Echo

Smash Champion
ok wtf is happening i thought games were going on but now its iffy??

Am I riding with JBM or Devon? You both seem to be going straight there and back tomorrow so whoever has room just say wsup. If I'm going to be going in JBMs car it would make sense for me to consider just staying there tonight.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Apparently games aren't happening at all anymore. Boloun Dekline dozer and tyser have all dropped out to travel to my place.

If you wanna smash with them echo i'd get ahold of them. I have a test to take.

If you are riding with me then be here at 8, or we can meet at bk in the morning.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
I think everyone from Omaha bailed out. I dunno if Yulai is going anymore lolz.

Looks like JBM, Echo, Smeesh and a Yosh? Good luck fellas.

JBM, dont get pooped by Jace again -_-

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
lol how can you say Shogun owns people then say you don't think Griffin is a good fighter? That's ******** and contradictory. Obv Griffin is a very good fighter, the guy's record speaks for itself. Wins over Top 5 LHWs Shogun and Rampage, plus he won the first two rounds against Rashad before he made a mistake. He has above average stand-up and solid BJJ, to say he isn't a good fighter is absurd.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
lol how can you say Shogun owns people then say you don't think Griffin is a good fighter? That's ******** and contradictory. Obv Griffin is a very good fighter, the guy's record speaks for itself. Wins over Top 5 LHWs Shogun and Rampage, plus he won the first two rounds against Rashad before he made a mistake. He has above average stand-up and solid BJJ, to say he isn't a good fighter is absurd.
I don't think tyser knows what he's talking about 90% of the time. He just says it with enough confidence that people believe him. XD

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Well, I guess youre right, Mo. Griffin, he's beaten good guys. The way he fights is just mad ugly which is why I hate him the most. Not to mention he's from the Ultimate Fighter -_- Something about those guys . . . The fact that they came from a reality TV show is just a bit over the top for me.

And last I remembered, the guy has trash BJJ. His standup is messy but it works. He's a decent fighter, but mad ugly. If you wanna see his stand up at its funniest, watch the Anderson Silva fight.

@ Bolt: Uhhh, you talk outta your ass a whole lot more than I do. If Im sitting at 90% youre well over 150%. Kid needs to learn the internet -_-

Echo

Smash Champion
ULI text me in 30 minutes my phones been dead but I'm going to be on my way to your house. gonna charge it in my car. o_o

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I personally like Griffin because the guy is never in a boring fight. He always pushes the pace, brings the aggression, and comes after people. Certainly he isn't the prettiest fighter but the guy gets in wars because of his style and heart.

And lol @ his BJJ being trash. You gotta educate yourself son :p

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Forrest-Griffin-3526

Notice 7 of 16 career wins by submission. Notice he's NEVER been submitted before in 22 professional fights. And you can see his BJJ in action in the fight against Shogun, whom he swept numerous times when Shogun put him on his back. Yeah Anderson Silva whooped his ***, but whose *** hasn't he whooped? His stand-up is in another world, Griffin could not compete with his speed and accuracy.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Well, you like Griffin. Youre going to back him up. I dont like him, Im gonna say anything I can to make him look like crap. Thats just how it goes.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
lol the huskers are such a garbage program... people have hope every year and it always dissipates with disappointing losses like these... im suprised people haven't totally given up on them... sadly its the only thing this state has

MaJiK

Smash Ace
Dr. MaJiK McSuessenstein

Upon a time near Kansas City
a smeesh was feeling weak and weary
he got a bye to his suprise
tears of joy filled his eyes
jumping about happy and glee
but little did he know his first match was me

after shi+ing on a randoms heart
I knew our levels weren't too far apart
and as I dreamed about a win
I smiled a devious grin
I looked at his confident eyes
and of him I grew despised

the first match went as he planned
C Falcon had it in his hands
the next match he'd regret
for the turn of this tales upset
sheik for the third match jbm said to play
I looked at him and said "ok"

the crowed roared as the third match ensued
the K crowed was loud and obscued
down to the last stock each
I knew victory was in reach
no one could ever see
that the winner would be ME!

moral of the story is you don't take a MaJiK man too lightly

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Well, you like Griffin. Youre going to back him up. I dont like him, Im gonna say anything I can to make him look like crap. Thats just how it goes.
But the facts support my viewpoint lol.

Let me know what you think when you watch it. I haven't rewatched it yet. I had Shogun taking rounds 2, 4, and 5. Lots of people have Shogun winning round 1 tho and some I've seen have Machida in rd. 2.

Top Bottom