• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

Echo

Smash Champion
omg i just went and played megaman 5 through again... and it was the greatest time of my life.

and i'm not talkin bout that emulator bull****, you have to play it on the NES to get the full experience.

also, going back to the first avatar i ever had on smashboards - too real? lol **** i'm bored...

KyloWinter

Smash Ace
LOL Echo sucks, I 4 stocked him multiple times. And yes, I **** in doubles.

Edit: Everyone else in that video was sober except MTKD and me. Therefore, they cheated. Also, are any games going on this weekend?

SliK

Smash Journeyman
HEY GUYS I have a question: If i was of the opposite sex would you have sexual relations with my female organs?

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else jumping on the Halo 3 train?
You on Live? What's your gamertag? (Mine's Shin Hogosha. Friend Request me.)

I haven't played H3 for nearly a month now, been too busy with other games and work. Plan on getting back to it in January.

SliK

Smash Journeyman
Halo 3 is bad all the maps are big and ******** definitely not as competitive as halo 2

Lanyx

Smash Cadet
I got that feeling from Halo 3 as well. Doesn't seem as technical as Halo 2, even with all of the new random grenades and other stuffs.

BTW: I really need a list of tourney dates. Like I said I have my car now and I gotta know when to take off work ._.

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
I dunno. I used to knock Halo just as much as the next guy, but I do enjoy just hopping online and playing, and I always enjoyed just picking up the controller when at a bud's house and getting shot at. My comparison was more going toward the whole "if you play Halo you're a mindless Microsoft-fellating drone" mentality, which most people apply to Smash players as well. I get more crap for playing Smash from most competitive fighting game players than most anyone would probably get for playing Halo. ;P

And I'd wager that 3S is a lot more popular than CVS2 right now (though MVC2 probably has it beat). Three years ago, might've been a different story, but then Daigo just HAD to full-parry Wong in 2k4, and now everyone and their cousin's math teacher plays the game. Going to Evo 2k5 and seeing 3S have the most entries (even over MVC2 and T5) was nuts. 3S is the 2D Smash, everyone plays it.

All I'm saying is that Halo is to the shooting world as Smash is to the fighting world. Both are the everyman's competitive game. Heck, I'm STILL afraid to pick up MVC2 or VF5 in fear of needing a good dedicated-only-to-that-game half a year to learn the mere basics (and another three years for application), but it took me a whopping month or two (in addition to playing 3S, GG, and CVS2 on the side) to learn everything there was to learn in Smash.

Top Bottom