• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Tourney Results Thread

RichBrown

Smash Master
I Didnt Go Metaknight Becuz I got High
9/13/09
3rd/24

Beat: Leepuff, Tyrant

Lost: Mike, Teba

1st: mikehaze
2nd: teba
3rd: RichBrown
4th: havok
5: dsf
5: tyrant
7: hall
7: boa
9: brent
9: leepuff
9: nyjin
9: CPUSoCal
13: bone
13: camaman
13: AC
13: stauffy
17: aphro
17: layzee
17: creepy fingers
17: typh
17: SM
17: Gameophile
17: donmoneyz
17: oats

Teba got me >.< It went to game 5, I pretty much took too long to figure him out. He ***** me game 1, game 2 was last hit and he got it, then I ***** game 3 and 4. Game 5 was fairly close on smashville, I was at my last stock at 60, he was at his last stock at 0. He baired me off stage, but as I was recovering he wasn't anywhere close to the ledge. I had 5 pikmin with me, but for some reason, only 2 shot out and I just fell and died XD

Also in case you didn't get it from the title, mk was banned haha

DVM

Smash Rookie
Brawlin for Burgers
9/12/09
Placed 4th out of 43
Beat: Raziek, Beson, White, Chaos
Lost: Lamb, Raziek

Hellasmashed 3
8/29/09
Placed 5th out of 13 (braket only, 40ish in pools)
Beat: Nysarc, JTF, Sven
Lost: Orb, Billbeegood

another biweekly this weekend hopefully ill get more results =P

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6257

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
I have a result for HOBO18 in Houston Texas, but the thread shows that I used Lucas.
I asked the TO to change the OP in the results thread, but he didn't. O_o

First, what ratio of Olimar should I be using to be considered in this thread?
out of 5 rounds, I only used Lucas in 3 games, and the other 10-12 or so were
Olimar.

Also, even though it says "Lucas" in the results, would you guys take my word for it if I wanted to put it up here? =P

Let me know.

EDIT: Also are "Balanced Brawl" tourneys allowed here? I'm going to a such tourney on Friday, and I want to know if that would count as well.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'm pretty sure draconoa takes all results and not just top ten. Also if the ratio is that big it's alright, we'd take your word for it.

Also, balanced brawl, brawl+, melee, etc won't be included in here.

Noa.

Smash Master
Hilt was correct in every way. As long as you use Oli for about half the tourney, it couts.

Post your result. :)

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure draconoa takes all results and not just top ten. Also if the ratio is that big it's alright, we'd take your word for it.

Also, balanced brawl, brawl+, melee, etc won't be included in here.
ok thats good cause I main multiple characters, and there is no olimar in melee lmmfao XD

Zori

Smash Champion
my bad this whole time i though the whole point of this thread was to post top 10 results so when who ever does the tier list has a neat organized list to update with not just for all results, also can you edit hobo 18 to 8 people 10 PEOPLE COUNT ;-; plzzzzz

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Got 5th at FL gigabits.

Order of matches : bye, beat mixcoatl, beat radiX, lost to hungrybox, beat sparky, beat mk18, lost to co18.

legit next time won't choke vs co >.<

draconoa beat our best peach

LEGIT

Noa.

Smash Master
I got like 9th or so at Gigs out of 49.

I've beaten two Peaches in FL. Both counterpicked me to Japes where I ***** their assess. I have two peaches left (though one may have quit so Idk about him).

So far every time I've faced a Snake in tourney (after losing a close game to radix a while ago) I've been ****** all the Snakes I play.

Gigabits: Back to School Brawl
9/20/03
9th out of 49
Beat: Sparky, Kyon, M!x
Lost: Fenrir, MK18

I lost to fenrir cause I killed myself on the last game. x.x

I need to learn the mk and wario matchup. I've been having a bunch of troubles with them.

I'm doing Fearless's result to make it easier for me to add to the OP

Gigabits: Back to School Brawl
9/20/03
5th out of 49
Beat: M!x, radix, Sparky, Mk18
Lost: Hungrybox, CO18

I find it strange that Fearless and I played a lot of the same opponents.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
I lost to hbox's d3, he's so scary good at gimping.

I lost to co18's ddd first game, snake second game. The reason I lost the first game was because of a 0% suicide where I only had 1-2 pikmin and was trying to play ledge games and just kinda... didn't reach lol.

I'm almost there with the d3 matchup, just need some practice

Noa.

Smash Master
Yea, I watched your set with CO. Gotta hate it when pikmin act stupid. I can hate them sometimes.

Saturday wasn't the first time I faced Mk18. I beat him a couple months ago. I began to figure out his wario in our first match, but he switched to mk second round and I got *****. Next time I see you, you need to help me with the mk matchup.

The DDD matchup is harder than expected. I'm kinda learning it but I still don't like it. The only top tier matchups that I know are Snake and kinda Falco.

Llumys

Smash Champion
I got 5th at my tournament this weekend. I'm unsure of the amount of entries, but the lowest place possible was 33rd.

I was knocked into the loser's bracket in round 2 by the tournament winner, who used Marth and Mr. Game & Watch against me. His Marth beat me on a neutral, I beat his Marth on Halberd, and his Mr. Game & Watch beat me on Delfino Plaza.

I was eliminated by a Marth who placed 4th. He just completely outplayed me. We played on two neutrals, and he 2 stocked me in game 2. I didn't mind losing to him, since he deserved it.

I used almost all Olimar. I played Falco against a Meta Knight in pools, and I used Meta Knight against Meta Knights who counterpicked Brinstar. Otherwise, I used all Olimar.

I was 4-1 in singles pools. I lost to a Pokémon Trainer. I have to admit, his Squirtle was awesome. I later beat him in friendlies and placed better than him. (:

Doubles was meh. My partner and I hadn't practiced doubles much, and I actually did better in 2 against 1. It was enjoyable, but I really shined in singles.

woo

The region was strange. There's was 2 skilled players, and I lost to both of them. The player who got 2nd just played extremely gay, and the rest of the region was somewhat mediocre. I came with 6 of my crewmates, and we took 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th.

Llumys

Smash Champion
No names you'd recognize, unless you play 64 or Melee...

5th of 40
Beat: Chaos (25th), Fiji (17th), Frio (13th), Arsenal (9th), Sketch (7th)
Lost: SuPeRbOoM (1st), KillL0ck (4th)

I'll see if I remember...

Chaos: Olimar vs. Pikachu (2-0)
SuPeRbOoM: Olimar vs. Marth, Mr. Game & Watch (1-2)
Fiji: Olimar, Meta Knight vs. Snake, Meta Knight (2-0?)
Frio: Olimar vs. Pikachu (2-0)
Arsenal: Olimar, Meta Knight vs. Meta Knight (2-1)
Sketch: Olimar vs. Falco (2-1?)
KillL0ck: Olimar vs. Marth (0-2)

lolbrinstarmkdittos

<_<;

I didn't get to play any of the Link, Ike, or Pit mains. ):

DVM

Smash Rookie
Lol im from Canada too, Nova Scotia, and Saskatoon is not a province, Saskatchewan is =P. This is not intended to be mean im just correcting you.

Llumys

Smash Champion
Superboom got 1st, and he mains Snake. He used Falco against Minus and lost, then he beat Minus as Snake in winner's finals. Alphican got 2nd, and his Falco is no where near as good as Minus', but they played dittos on Japes in loser's finals, I believe.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
Hat's Bull **** Tourney
09/24/2009
1st out of 10
beat: hat, chudat, gimr
lost:

so basically... md/va is amazing, we threw a smashfest on a wed, then when we realized we had 11 people, chu says lets do a small tourny, we did round robin for teams, and did a 10 man bracket... singles started at ****ing 3am XD too goodz, unfortunately i'm going to be tird as **** for my class in 20 min :(
fun though, and free the free money was worth it lolz

Fino

Smash Master
Brawl for Hope (29 entrants)

1: Ratman (Snake)
2: Affinity (Meta-knight / S-tier)
3: Fino (olimar)
4: Rn (Diddy)
5: 4rce (Diddy)
5: The Real Inferno (Rob / G&W / DDD)
7: Clel (Marth / MK)
7: Mr. Doom (Ike)
9: ChaosXTheory (Lucas)
9: Zer0
9: Tony
9: Blarg
13: 4LORN
13: Steeler
13: Dillon
13: The S Word
17: 2Cold
17: Zan
17: Holms
17: 007
17: Uberwatts
17: DT
17: Aqua
17: Degyn
25: DT Gamer
25: Wsnaw
25: Zhao
25: The Mouth
25: DJ Gamer

Noteworthy wins: Clel, Royal Nynja (Rn)
Lost to: Affinity and Ratman
Matches should be up sometime whenever. I won all my MM's except for a ssb64 MM against Doom. It was fun... I just need to learn to combo samus ^^; Pre-game-watching-johns: First match with affinity I played was legit... after that I held back for the grudge MM we were going to have, so I was just really focused on what he was doing. Most likely he would've taken the game regardless. I played poorly against those two ;-; watching some of the replays I can tell what I should've done XD. Especially against ratman, got way to focused on trying to kill with usmash, but he had me covered every time. I think snake HAS to be killed with grabs... which irks me a bit <.<
No johns though, I'll be taking no koast 8)

Doubles (14 teams)
1: We Go In Dry, No Matter How Much You Cry :] (Affinity + Steeler)
2: Hey Everyone, We're Happy For You And We'll Let You Finish, But We Have One Of The Best Team Names Of All Time. All Time. (4rce + Nynja)
3: Sherlock Doom (Holms + Mr. Doom)
4: We Out Prioritize You (Type Ex + Clel)
5: 4rce and Nynja Will Get Us To Hold Hands Today (Aqua + Ratman)
5: The Mighty Morphing Flower Rangers (Inferno + Fino)
7: Chibiphiles (ChaosXTheory + Zer0)
7: Our Partners Ditched Us. Sad Face (DT + Dilly)
9: Team Hit Hard or Don't Hit at All (The S Word + Uberwatts)
9: Wrecking Ball (Michael + Tony)
9: Get The Eff Out (Zhao + Degyn)
9: The RAGING Hormones (Zan + WSnaw)
13: The Danny Brothers (DJ Gamer + DT Gamer)
13: The Mario Theme Song (Roger + Timbo)

Meh, not really good... teams are teams though.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I don't play Marth or G&W. I only played Marth once in pools for fun. Replacing Ness with those two would be more accurate.

Top Bottom