• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Support [Pikmen]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if they are following him around, then he would probably only have 3 of them right? Too many more and it might bug the game. But that really deprives the white or purple Pikmin of any sort of representation.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Well if they are following him around, then he would probably only have 3 of them right? Too many more and it might bug the game. But that really deprives the white or purple Pikmin of any sort of representation.
Only 3?? I'm thinking 15-20 max he can have out.

It wouldn't bug the game, I mean...seriously, guys.

A final smash?

Purple rain XD (If you catch my drift).
I still like the two sprays thing. I mean, we all used the spicy and bitter sprays to kill big enemies. I think all enemies in range should be petrified and all of his Pikmin that are currently out get boosted. So he can attack them for a time limit with them immobilized. i think this would be pretty true to the Pikmin game.

Only 3?? I'm thinking 15-20 max he can have out.

It wouldn't bug the game, I mean...seriously, guys.
Well I'll show you what I mean in a bit. If they're going to be out with him, I kind of think they should be like weak Ice Climber-style partners, so 15-20 max is overdoing it methinks. And you have to think about the size too. If Olimar is being scaled up, so are his Pikmin obviously. In proportion they would be the size of some other small character like Lucas. Having 15-20 would definitely be too much.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Well I'll show you what I mean in a bit. If they're going to be out with him, I kind of think they should be like weak Ice Climber-style partners, so 15-20 max is overdoing it methinks. And you have to think about the size too. If Olimar is being scaled up, so are his Pikmin obviously. In proportion they would be the size of some other small character like Lucas. Having 15-20 would definitely be too much.
lol, are you serious?? Pikmin would not be the size of Lucas. >_< I'm thinking more like the size of an item...

15-20 is not overdoing it. They don't attack at will like Nana does. They are completely different. Honestly, if he created Olimar like some of you want (with Olimar-only moves or with very limited Pikmin) I would be so disappointed not only in the character but also Sakurai and Brawl in general.

lol, are you serious?? Pikmin would not be the size of Lucas. >_< I'm thinking more like the size of an item...

15-20 is not overdoing it. They don't attack at will like Nana does. They are completely different. Honestly, if he created Olimar like some of you want (with Olimar-only moves or with very limited Pikmin) I would be so disappointed not only in the character but also Sakurai and Brawl in general.
Well it depends on how big Olimar is. But proportionately, they aren't that much smaller than he is so if Olimar is an averege-sized character, his Pikmin will be a bit bigger than an item.

Well would this be completely terrible (sorry for the lack of white/purple representation)? It takes most of the ideas from my old design but now has the Pikmin out and active at all times:

Captain Olimar

Captain Olimar has three Pikmin behind him as Ice Climber-style partners. They are red, yellow and blue. If you use a standard, strong or smash attack, they’ll sort of butt their heads in imitation and possibly hurt foes further. Individually the Pikmin are very weak, which compensates for the fact that there are essentially four characters being controlled. Olimar wouldn’t just be an Ice Climbers clone though, since the Pikmin are quite different from him as opposed to being able to do the same thing. However they jump when you jump, they run when you run, etc. Now if one should die, then it’s out until you reappear on the recovery platform. If they get separated from Olimar, they’ll try to return to him quickly, but they may engage other foes in their way if need be. Each color also has a unique property when it attacks a foe. A red Pikmin has slightly more knockback potential and burns a foe. A yellow Pikmin stuns a foe electrically. A blue Pikmin may briefly freeze a foe too. Now on to the special attacks (The Pikmin won’t really do anything when Olimar uses special attacks):

Standard Special <Rocket Punch>: Olimar winds up his arm and then fires it forward. It stretches to twice its length and strikes with incredible power. The entire attack lasts about as long as a Home-Run Bat smash does, and has similar range but less power. Strength is still equal to Captain Falcon’s standard special.

Side Special <Command Whistle>: Olimar issues a blast with his whistle. The animation is just like it is in the Pikmin series, so you can see the little sound beams traveling forward. If they hit a foe, the Pikmin will rush to that foe and attack relentlessly. They will try to cling to the opponent and pummel them. However, they can be shaken off, in which case they will just try to return to Olimar again.

Up Special <Bumbling Snitchbug>: Out of nowhere, a Bumbling Snitchbug appears and snatches Olimar up. If they are in the vicinity, the Pikmin will jump and cling to Olimar, since they can’t recover themselves. The snitchbug will carry Olimar up a respectable distance and hold him there. Players can control the snitchbug to move left or right now, but not up. After a few seconds, the bug will drop Olimar and disappear.

Down Special <Ultra-Bitter Spray>: Olimar sprays this stuff in front of him. It is a lot like the Ice Climbers’ down special, but instead of potentially freezing them it can petrify them (more or less the same thing with different graphics). This move has a greater chance of petrifying the closer the target is and the higher their damage percentage is. The petrifaction also lasts longer the more damage they have taken.

Final Smash <Pikmin Party>: Olimar blows his whistle and his Pikmin disappear. The Red, Yellow and Blue Onions fly down from the top of the screen and release a combined total of 100 Pikmin. They attack nearby players all at once. These are not Ice Climber-style partners at all and cannot be controlled in any way, so it wouldn’t be too much for the game to handle. They also appear a bit smaller. Anyway, they can be shaken off or too, but after that they will just disappear. 100 Pikmin will cause a ton of damage very quickly, but the downside is that Olimar is left without his partners until he dies again.

Jammer

Smash Lord
I support Captain Olimar for Brawl!

Did I do this thread right?

Sorry; get back to your debates about how many Pikmin will be on the screen at one time.

oraclelink

Smash Rookie
Although I would have to say that moveset seriously overcomplicates things, I would still love to have Olimar in.

The only characters I want more are Midna, Tails (though its unlikely), and Lucario.

jtjt43

Smash Rookie
I think Captain Olimar would be a great addition to Brawl.

The moveset above seems really good too. The 3 original pikmin seems like a good idea, but i don't think it would be too much of a stretch for all 5 pikmin to be included. Also, 100 pikmin seems like a lot for the final smash, 50 might be better?

Olimar for Brawl!

PS Tails would be awesome ;)

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
D. of Chaos, umm...Pikmin wouldn't be the size of Lucas. If Olimar is as big as Mario, and Pikmin's leaves barely come up to the top of Olimar's head, then they're gonna be small. And you moveset is kinda too complicated, if only one move has to do with Pikmin commands. And he'd be an Ice Climbers clone almost, even!

Edit towards jtjt43, hey, read the first post's moveset too.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
OK you really do have ADHD. I may be 13, but I am way more mature than you. So desperatly go to myspace and try to actually get a friend.
You need to learn how to shut up. You don't want to mess with me in an alley, *******.

You say you're more mature, but you spark up a flame war with my post that only said he had low chances. If you're that much of an ***, you probably have no friends and take it out on random people on the internet.
I unknow yes so back on topic Olimar should have pallets. Pikmin could easily wear a hat like pikachu does. Olimar could have an actual costume change wouldn't that be cool.
You "unknow"? You better stop implying this on me, when clearly Megatron started it.
Could you stop using dead rappers and giant robots to flame each other? This is Olimar's support thead, in case you forgot. If you want to continue insulting each other, do it with PMs, but don't spam here.
Could you go **** yourself? People start flaming me because I question his chances, as Wiseguy pointed out. I would like to see him, but the best chance for him to be revealed wasn't his day.

Also, Legola, the Mp3 music of Ridley wasn't at all a great day for a celebration, what is it celebrating exactly? I clearly showed my example, that he did infact celebrate the First Kirby game's release in America with the Subspace Emissary. Kirby stars as the first hero. Ain't that a coinky-dink?

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
And, he celebrated his birthday with Subspace Emissary also.

[/randomfact]

Anyways, why are you guys flaming?

and btw, just incase you missed it egruntz, I still have this arguement you can counter:

He doesn't have any attacks without his Pikmin out.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Please keep the crap out of this thread. It's one of the still sane ones left.

I don't even know what to add...Olimar for Brawl.

D. of Chaos, umm...Pikmin wouldn't be the size of Lucas. If Olimar is as big as Mario, and Pikmin's leaves barely come up to the top of Olimar's head, then they're gonna be small. And you moveset is kinda too complicated, if only one move has to do with Pikmin commands. And he'd be an Ice Climbers clone almost, even!
First of all, I meant in terms of height. Pikmin are much slimmer so overall Lucas would be much bigger. And I'm counting the leaf/flower, which goes a short distance above the Pikmin's head.

And you sound like the person who would say any kind of partner-style character would automatically be an Ice Climber clone. Name one move that I came up with that is similar to the Ice Climbers'. The down special, I'll give you that. But what else exactly? I didn't even post the standard moves. They could be anything. How could you possibly get any clone idea out of that?

Lastly, the Pikmin are always by his side so you don't really need specific attacks that use them. They attack generally when Olimar attacks. And I also don't see the complicated part of it.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Please keep the crap out of this thread. It's one of the still sane ones left.

I don't even know what to add...Olimar for Brawl.
Cut the **** yourself. You know you're one of the people who made these inane flamming remarks. If this thread gets locked, feel free to thank brawler12 and yourself.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
OK, how about this? everyone stop making posts that do not have anything to do with Olimar and/or make others feel the need to spam up this thread. Let's actually talk about Olimar instead of trying to figure out who started the flame war.

About Olimar's size and the size of his Pikmin: Olimar will most likely be about the size of Pikachu, maybe a little shorter. His Pikmin will be to scale, about up to Olimar's neck. That's the whole point of Olimar. There's power in numbers. His thing will be commanding Pikmin, I doubt he will do much hand-to-hand combat. Make him small and hard to master, that's my opinion.

About Olimar's size and the size of his Pikmin: Olimar will most likely be about the size of Pikachu, maybe a little shorter. His Pikmin will be to scale, about up to Olimar's neck. That's the whole point of Olimar. There's power in numbers. His thing will be commanding Pikmin, I doubt he will do much hand-to-hand combat. Make him small and hard to master, that's my opinion.
That seems much too small. He'd be the size of Pichu. Pikachu smaller in Brawl than he was in Melee, and he wasn't exactly huge back then.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
i want him to be a decent size, like maybe mario's height, but a little smaller, not counting his antenna

biggie, i am sorry for flaming you (what ever that is) i just got a little mad, again i am sorry.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
That seems much too small. He'd be the size of Pichu. Pikachu smaller in Brawl than he was in Melee, and he wasn't exactly huge back then.
I didn't go to E for All, so I didn't get to see Pika's size change, but look at this:

So either Pikachu is a fairly decent size, or Charizard is a ******.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Also, Legola, the Mp3 music of Ridley wasn't at all a great day for a celebration, what is it celebrating exactly? I clearly showed my example, that he did infact celebrate the First Kirby game's release in America with the Subspace Emissary. Kirby stars as the first hero. Ain't that a coinky-dink?
What? Why are you talking about Ridley's music? And he does celebrate some special days and doesn't others. I men look on Friday! He didn't do anything then.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
Olimar should be the size of mario and his pikmin will be as tall as a item with the leaf, bud, flower going up to Olimar's neck. Biggiesmalls just cut the crap I'll answer your questions with no flaming or stupid remarks.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Olimar should be the size of mario and his pikmin will be as tall as a item with the leaf, bud, flower going up to Olimar's neck. Biggiesmalls just cut the crap I'll answer your questions with no flaming or stupid remarks.
No way, he should not be the size of Mario, maybe the size of Pichu.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
Maybe, but my point is that the pikmin are short. They look tall because of their attennae(did I spell taht right) they should still be the size of an item. Oh god lego and lizard are banned.

aleps

Smash Apprentice
He should be a bit smaller than Mario, and the pikmin would be the size of an Assist Torphy.

Well, maybe Olimar will be confirmed near December 2rd (I know its Sunday) cause that was the release date of the first Pikmin game. Just a thought.

aleps

Smash Apprentice
It also depends on which type of pikmin appear, because white are the smallest and I think purple are the biggest ones. Olimar for Brawl!!

No way, he should not be the size of Mario, maybe the size of Pichu.
Are you kidding me? That is way too small. Nobody should be the size of Pichu. You wouldn't even be able to see the Pikmin.

Well, maybe Olimar will be confirmed near December 2rd (I know its Sunday) cause that was the release date of the first Pikmin game. Just a thought.
That's also a day before the old release date. Either way, something big should happen around that time.

It also depends on which type of pikmin appear, because white are the smallest and I think purple are the biggest ones. Olimar for Brawl!!
In terms of height the purple Pikmin aren't any taller, they're just fatter.

Maybe a little bigger than Pichu, no bigger than Pikachu. The Pikmin aren't that much smaller than him. They'd be good size.
Yea but when scaling him, you want to keep him in perspective. When you play Pikmin, Olimar looks like an average-sized character in proportion to the screen, so he shouldn't be that small. When you play as Bowser in Super Paper Mario for example, he's bigger proportionately than all the others, so he's that much bigger in Smash. So for Olimar, Mario's height seems more appropriate. The Pikmin themselves may be the height of Pikachu (though smaller overall because they are quite thin).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom