• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Support [Pikmen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
You must be an idiot, then.
Really? OK. At least I can write coherently. Most of your stuff is barely decipherable. You need to go to grammar school or something. And just so you know, I'm not insulted by people who can't type.

Is that a stretch? Not at all. The chances.. 1 in 365.
What the crap are you talking about 1/365???

Who cares about Metroid Week? What kind of celebration is that? It's like a sale at a store. Nothing special.
Yes, and Kirby anniversary is...

Miyamoto's birthday was the perfect setting for a new character.
You're an idiot. Let me remind me of something you said:

I'm 15 years old
OK, run along and let the big people talk now...

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Really? OK. At least I can write coherently. Most of your stuff is barely decipherable. You need to go to grammar school or something. And just so you know, I'm not insulted by people who can't type.

What the crap are you talking about 1/365???

Yes, and Kirby anniversary is...

You're an idiot. Let me remind me of something you said:

OK, run along and let the big people talk now...
Now you're just in denial. I have poor grammer? Your screenname isn't even in correct grammar.

You're saying this is a coincidence. Those are the chances.

Very important to Sakurai, the guy who made Kirby.

You're the true idiot. By your logic, older people are smarter. That's why old people have alzenheimers, right?

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
Are you making fun of me grimlizard because I am 13 and goddammit I thought we were on the same side. Did you read my post you have nothing to say about it. Yes I agree with special updates for special days ,but that doesn't mean a character isn't in because he wasn't updated a ceratin day.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Guys, come back when you can write in a way that is easy to understand...

And, my screenname isn't grammatically correct? lol Good one. :bigthumbu I guess that shows your type of reasoning.

Florida

イーグランツ
13 year olds aren't considered to have bad grammar.
People with bad grammar, are considered to be 13 year olds :)

Did that make any sense? Nah, probably not. I'm in my own little world.
Captain Olimar for Brawl, and what not...

Friday's update was a major disappointment. But alas, this doesn't necessarily lower Olimar's chances. A lot of people thought that King Dedede was going to be confirmed on Sakurai's birthday, and look what happened a few months after?

Olimar will show up on the DOJO!! in due time :)

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
Olimar not being confirmed on Miyamoto's birthday in no shape or form lessens his chances at all.

As for why people want him in, why do you want the character's you want in?

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Guys, come back when you can write in a way that is easy to understand...

And, my screenname isn't grammatically correct? lol Good one. :bigthumbu I guess that shows your type of reasoning.
Yeah. You said I have bad grammar. I'm pointing out that you're an idiot. Oh, and your screenname has no capital letters.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Olimar not being confirmed on Miyamoto's birthday in no shape or form lessens his chances at all.

As for why people want him in, why do you want the character's you want in?
No, the setting was perfect for a character like him to be confirmed. That's why I feel it lowers his chances.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Hey, smart guy...stop double posting.

And who cares? Sakurai doesn't give a rip about Miyamoto's birthday. And...?

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
Now you're just in denial. I have poor grammer? Your screenname isn't even in correct grammar.

You're saying this is a coincidence. Those are the chances.

Very important to Sakurai, the guy who made Kirby.

You're the true idiot. By your logic, older people are smarter. That's why old people have alzenheimers, right?
And your screen name is about a rapper you don't know about.

Kid you were f*cking 4 years old when he died. You must have heard ALL of his greatest hits in your mom's f*cking womb.

You didn't even spell grammar right you idiot.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
LOL flame time and I won't flame you egruntz because you are the one who made this new thread. Lucky. Comment on my post about the pikmin colors and bulbmin ppl who haved played the game.
Egrunzts you are not in your own lil world you are in the pikmin world! Give me the coordinates so I can join you.

Florida

イーグランツ
LOL flame time and I won't flame you egruntz because you are the one who made this new thread. Lucky. Comment on my post about the pikmin colors and bulbmin ppl who haved played the game.
Egrunzts you are not in your own lil world you are in the pikmin world! Give me the coordinates so I can join you.
Would you flame me if I WASN'T the topic starter anyway?
I'm such a lovable guy, I don't see why anyone would! <3

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
No, because you are an olimar supporter jus like hoe grim said let the big kids talk I didn't falme him I just made a comedic remark.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Hey, smart guy...stop double posting.

And who cares? Sakurai doesn't give a rip about Miyamoto's birthday. And...?
That's astounding evidence.
And your screen name is about a rapper you don't know about.

Kid you were f*cking 4 years old when he died. You must have heard ALL of his greatest hits in your mom's f*cking womb.

You didn't even spell grammar right you idiot.
Wait wait wait, let me play!

You child you were 2 years old when the **** show was out. You must of seen all the episodes when you looking/sucking on your mother's *******.

You didn't even spell ****ing right, there's no asterisk you idiot!

Typos beware!
You do realize that no one thinks you make any sense, right?

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
Wait wait wait, let me play!

You child you were 2 years old when the **** show was out. You must of seen all the episodes when you looking/sucking on your mother's *******.

You didn't even spell ****ing right, there's no asterisk you idiot!
Wait wait wait let me play again!

For your information I didn't spell ****ing right on purpose, so you could see more letters of the word so it sinks into your mind better.

Biggie Smalls hasn't come out with anything new. Plus, rap I sucks I hate you for liking it, that means your logic is incorrect because you listen to rap.

And for your information, you cannot compare Biggie Smalls and Megatron. A new movie was made recently so how do you know I am not naming it after the movie which came out when I was 25?

Yes, I'm over 20 and yet I still flame people on the internet for not supporting who I like. I'm such a loser.

Eat that ****, your more deconfirmed then Tupac. You fail for the lulz.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Wait wait wait let me play again!

For your information I didn't spell ****ing right on purpose, so you could see more letters of the word so it sinks into your mind better.

Biggie Smalls hasn't come out with anything new. Plus, rap I sucks I hate you for liking it, that means your logic is incorrect because you listen to rap.

And for your information, you cannot compare Biggie Smalls and Megatron. A new movie was made recently so how do you know I am not naming it after the movie which came out when I was 25?

Yes, I'm over 20 and yet I still flame people on the internet for not supporting who I like. I'm such a loser.

Eat that ****, your more deconfirmed then Tupac. You fail for the lulz.
I hope you're joking now..
You do realize that you have ADHD and you are just trying to get attention.
You do realize that you started a dumb flame war, with common ebonic words and calling people ********? That's a bad boy! Go to your room!

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
OK you really do have ADHD. I may be 13, but I am way more mature than you. So desperatly go to myspace and try to actually get a friend.

aleps

Smash Apprentice
Could you stop using dead rappers and giant robots to flame each other? This is Olimar's support thead, in case you forgot. If you want to continue insulting each other, do it with PMs, but don't spam here.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Could you stop using dead rappers and giant robots to flame each other? This is Olimar's support thead, in case you forgot. If you want to continue insulting each other, do it with PMs, but don't spam here.
IT IS?!?!?!?! I couldnt tell from what I read, all I got out it was **** and dead rappers...
howd it get so off topic?

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
I unknow yes so back on topic Olimar should have pallets. Pikmin could easily wear a hat like pikachu does. Olimar could have an actual costume change wouldn't that be cool.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I unknow yes so back on topic Olimar should have pallets. Pikmin could easily wear a hat like pikachu does. Olimar could have an actual costume change wouldn't that be cool.
I think olimar should just have color changes, one could be the president guy color setup and louie colors.

pikman shouldnt get tiny clotheing, it just doesnt sound right.

aleps

Smash Apprentice
Or maybe the flower of the Pikmin would change depending on the color you chose? i.e. You chose blue and the centre of the flower changes to blue, and so on. Well.... the idea of the clothes sounds better to me.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Biggie Smalls, you've always been an idiot, what with your "retro Kraid" support and whatnot. Just get out. As people have said, this is the Olimar discussion.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
I think olimar should just have color changes, one could be the president guy color setup and louie colors.

yeah but if there are multiple olimars on screen at the same time how can you tell which pikmin is whose? Seeing as how changing colors wouldnt really make sense, hat is probably the only thing that could work

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Psh, that was my idea in the first place...
Oh. Then good idea.

Well in the game they didn't die from touching water. They died beecause they drowned, you could still save them even if they went in. So i guess Mario would have to pump his FLUDD straight down the Pikmins' throats.
In Pikmin 2, there was this enemy that looked like a disfigured elephant. One variation would shoot fire from it's nose/trunk the while the other would spray water. The water would cause the Pikmin to run around in panic and eventually drown.

Why are people considering him? I personally think he's good, but his chances aren't that good. Friday was Miyamoto's Birthday, and the end of a million dumb updates. It was the perfect time for a Miyamoto brand character to be announced, more importantly one series that hasn't been represented. I can't picture him, either.
Ah, the post that sparked a flame war.

1) Miyamoto's birthday might be the perfect Olimar revealing day too you, but it's hardly conclusive evidence. More often than not, the update order follows neither ryhm nor reason.

2) "You can't picture him?" here's a picture:

Also read Vali's awesome moveset on the first post.

In. Your. Opinion.

I would love to see Louie as a full fledged Olimar clone, but that seems pretty unlikely. An alternate costume seems like a nice compromise.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I'm 15 years old, you ****. Stop talking about specialsauce and blaming the flaming on me.

You must be an idiot, then.

Is that a stretch? Not at all. The chances.. 1 in 365.

Who cares about Metroid Week? What kind of celebration is that? It's like a sale at a store. Nothing special.

Yes and if Sakurai was going to reveal one he would have... I mean The day MP3 was released was perfect for Ridley but does that lower his chances? I mean even the Geno thread thought he would be revealed on Friday (Even though Geno has almost nothing to do with Miyamoto) but does that lower his chances?

OK you really do have ADHD. I may be 13, but I am way more mature than you. So desperatly go to myspace and try to actually get a friend.
Well done Brawl you learned a new word *claps* now run a long to your Extra-spelling classes.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Sorry to be off topic, but I have to make these points.

It's alzheimer's disease. It's the natural deterioration of the brain, so it could happen to us all. Suggesting older people are not smarter simply because they may have alzheimer's is pure foolishness.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you. Suggesting someone has ADHD from what they post is the epitome of immaturity. I sincerely hope you don't go around stating people have serious disorders as an attempt to demean them.

On topic: Olimar would be a welcome addition to the roster and I fully support him. I played Pikmin and loved it. He would be a refreshing and unique inclusion.

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
Pwned :)

Olimar is my most wanted new character for Brawl, but I don't really like the move-set in the first post, the main reason being it seems like it's overpowered.

For example, it sounds like a lot of the time there would be situations with lots of Pikmin on screen attacking other players, in which case Olimar would be the only one moving at full speed, while all other players would be spending the majority of their time focusing on shaking off the Pikmin and attacking them rather than Olimar. Not only could this give Olimar a big advantage, but it would just make the game annoying for all the other players and suck out all of the fun.

His Up-B sounds like a bit much too. It sounds like if it were expanded it could work as a Final Smash, but for a B move it's a bit too complicated, I think. If a player used it repeatedly the animation would look ridiculous, and they could have ship parts flying everywhere.

It has some good ideas in it, I just think it has been over-thought so much that it wouldn't really work.

Oh and for the love of God could the flamers please leave this thread.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
thats why i stick with my 15 pikmin max, it still allows 3 of each pikmin color on the feild, and stays focused on the game.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I was thinking that maybe Olimar's Up-B could be similar to Snake's. Except he would use a Pikmin Onion. This may be a bit more practical than the Dolphin.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Not really.

He relies on his Pikmin for everything. A few A attacks and grabs could not involve Pikmin but its always best to stay in character.

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
thats why i stick with my 15 pikmin max, it still allows 3 of each pikmin color on the feild, and stays focused on the game.
That's a potential of up to fifteen Pikmin on another player, or five on each. If each one slows them down then it's going to get annoying. I haven't really got a problem with the actual number, it's more the effect. I just think that if the other players more or less constantly have multiple Pikmin slowing them down its not going to be fair or fun. A move-set where Pikmin automatically follow Olimar (after being picked) and doing damage by charging or being thrown seems like it could work better.

Darkpaladin of Chaos said:
And Olimar can certainly do a lot without his Pikmin. My idea involves only a special move and his Final Smash using them in combat. I mean he can take out a cannon beetle larva by himself.
Even so, Olimar only really exists as a device using Pikmin. If you only use them for a couple of moves you're missing the whole point of him. Attacking on his own in the games was generally a last ditch effort. The Pikmin are the real stars anyway.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Awesome Capt. Olimar! But I think the first posts moveset has too many moves that involve Pikmin. He can fight on his own too.
The only appeal to having Olimar as a character is the Pikmin. If they weren't by far the majority of his moveset, he would be worthless, and even I wouldn't want him in. In the game, he uses Pikmin. In Brawl, he should use Pikmin. He can have a few punches, grabs, and his whistle and whatnot, but...most of his attacks should use Pikmin. I mean...If you look at his games, it takes about 20x longer to defeat something by myself than with a hoard of Pikmin. Is that how he should be in Brawl? That would be terrible.

Even so, Olimar only really exists as a device using Pikmin. If you only use them for a couple of moves you're missing the whole point of him. Attacking on his own in the games was generally a last ditch effort. The Pikmin are the real stars anyway.
QFT

He's only out there as a means of using Pikmin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom