• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Support [Pikmen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Or we could just add to the name with a colon, for example "Pikmen: Followers of the Good Captain" or something like that.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I was actually just talking to Fanewgie (who has Brawl) about this. I asked him to go to the following stages, and record the amount of the colored Pikmin plucked: Norfair, Battlefield, Rumble Falls, Lylat Cruise, and the Summit. Out of 18 Pikmin, here was the outcome for each:

Norfair: 3 red, 5 yellow, 1 blue, 5 purple and 4 white.
Battlefield: 5 red, 4 yellow, 4 blue, 2 purple, and 3 white.
Rumble Falls: 4 red, 4 yellow, 4 blue, 3 purple, and 3 white.
Lylat Cruise: 3 red, 6 yellow, 3 blue, 4 purple and 2 white.
The Summit: 5 red, 4 yellow, 5 blue, 4 white, 0 purple

Fanewgie suggests that the probability is evened and random. Though, The Summit's report seems rather sensible. Don't know what to make of it at this point. I'm sure this will be looked further-into once the American version is released.
Ooh, finally SOME information on this. I just wish the Summit would give more purples and less red, but it is definitely good information overall!

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
While it's a good start, anyone who has taken statistics knows that this isn't enough data to truly reach a statistically significant result. You'd need to redo this at least 100 times to get worthwhile numbers.

Great start though.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Wait, we're fighting with the BC Pikmen, AGAIN. Someone bring me up to speed.

And thank you egruntz for the Pikmin pluking stats.

PS: Wiseguy! You stole my avatar!

IllidR

Smash Champion
This is too weird. You like Olimar, I like Olimar! You like Colverfield, I like Cloverfield! You like chimps in suits with guns, I like chimps in suits with guns! You weren't by any chance separated from your identical twin brother at birth too, were you?
I think soul-mates describes it better.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
This is too weird. You like Olimar, I like Olimar! You like Colverfield, I like Cloverfield! You like chimps in suits with guns, I like chimps in suits with guns! You weren't by any chance separated from your identical twin brother at birth too, were you?
At birth? No, no. It was around the time when I was nine. It was a warm summer day. The tiger lillys and pansies were in full bloom. My brother (Jebadiah) and I were playing a wonderful game of pickup stick ball. I had just hit a grounder up the middle. My dog (Rosco Mc Acllistar) picked it up and gave it Jeb. He pitched one more. I hit it right on to the train tracks. The Train came rushing toward the spot where my brother and the rouge ball had lain. Rushing, rushing, the train came fast. I yelled for my brother to move. Then as the train had almost met it's mark........ Jeb got out of the way. A year later he joined the circus.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
At birth? No, no. It was around the time when I was nine. It was a warm summer day. The tiger lillys and pansies were in full bloom. My brother (Jebadiah) and I were playing a wonderful game of pickup stick ball. I had just hit a grounder up the middle. My dog (Rosco Mc Acllistar) picked it up and gave it Jeb. He pitched one more. I hit it right on to the train tracks. The Train came rushing toward the spot where my brother and the rouge ball had lain. Rushing, rushing, the train came fast. I yelled for my brother to move. Then as the train had almost met it's mark........ Jeb got out of the way. A year later he joined the circus.
My dog at age nine was named Rosco Mac Acllistar, so it must be just a weird coincidence. Oh well. :ohwell:

Sincerely, Jebidiah The Magnificient

Colenstien

Smash Ace
My dog at age nine was named Rosco Mac Acllistar, so it must be just a weird coincidence. Oh well. :ohwell:

Sincerely, Jebidiah The Magnificient
Yeah, oh well. Sigh, I do miss Jeb. At least he has the bears on unicycles to keep him company.

So Olimar: Amazing or Super ultra megalo extreme awesome lizard shaman megalo again amazing. I might have to go with the latter.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, oh well. Sigh, I do miss Jeb. At least he has the bears on unicycles to keep him company.

So Olimar: Amazing or Super ultra megalo extreme awesome lizard shaman megalo again amazing. I might have to go with the latter.
I concur with the "Olimar is megalo shaman amazing lizard!" comment.

And bears on unicycles = awesome. Your brother is in good hands.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised how well Olimar has fared on the Character poll: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141091&page=40

1) Sonic: 132
2) Ike: 125
3) Lucario: 112
4) Wolf: 110
5) Pit: 107
6) PIKMIN & OLIMAR!!!: 103
7) Pokemon Trainer: 95
8) Marth: 81
9) King Dedede: 78
10) Link: 75

Not bad at all. But seeing as how he appears to be one of the harder characters to master, I wonder how those numbers will change after Brawl is actually released...

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised how well Olimar has fared on the Character poll: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141091&page=40

Not bad at all. But seeing as how he appears to be one of the harder characters to master, I wonder how those numbers will change after Brawl is actually released...
i REALLY hope he goes down, cause to u the truth i really dnt want him to be over used. but from looking at Gamefaqs ALOT of people want to use him, i hope that settles down when the game actually comes out :(

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Im so very surprised Marth was so low lol.

Yay for Olimar.

IllidR

Smash Champion

I definitely think, as well as hope, that the number of people for Pikmin and Olimar will change. People will probably see how hard he is and how bad his recovery is and be turned off by him.

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
Yes, as petty as it is for me to feel that way, I agree that I want the player count to go down for Olimar. It would make me more special :D

Add one to that count by the way, I voted for Peach by mistake and couldn't take it back, although I clearly support Olimar.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I sort of agree with you guys. I'm happy to see that such an awesome character get his due, but I'm not too keen on playing as an overused character. Fortunately, none of my friends in Saint John seem interested in maining Olimar. :)

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
i can agree. heck, i'm not even maining olimar! i'm maining R.O.B., but olimar is my secondary. i just don't want to be one in a million.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I sort of agree with you guys. I'm happy to see that such an awesome character get his due, but I'm not too keen on playing as an overused character. Fortunately, none of my friends in Saint John seem interested in maining Olimar. :)
Same here. And it seems Wario, ROB, Game and Watch, and Dedede (my 4 other mains) won't be too overused either.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Same here. And it seems Wario, ROB, Game and Watch, and Dedede (my 4 other mains) won't be too overused either.
Well Dedede seems pretty high up on that list too, I plan to secondary him. Of course people's opinions will change when the game comes out and they actually get a chance to play as the character and determine if they like or dislike the play style. That may either reduce the number of people wanting to main him or increase the number.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Uh...I've had the Pikmen banner for a long time now, I thought it was just another forum member that made it. So I guess I have been part of the Pikmen for quite a while!

kafke

Smash Apprentice
Olimar has a lot of people XD I hope it goes down... I'm glad Olimar is not the only one with a high number ;)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yay for the Captain!
Olimar Punch!
Olimar Kick!
Show me your Pikmin!
.................................................lol random.

I personally think "Pikmin Punch!!" sounds better. Anyway, Im getting off topic.

Ive been watching more videos, and Im being impressed more and more by his playstyle, and that he has a d-air spike, yay.

I'm still seeing no different in Pikmin pulled from certain terrain, although I did see lots of purple pikmin in a match on Delfino.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I personally think "Pikmin Punch!!" sounds better. Anyway, Im getting off topic.

Ive been watching more videos, and Im being impressed more and more by his playstyle, and that he has a d-air spike, yay.

I'm still seeing no different in Pikmin pulled from certain terrain, although I did see lots of purple pikmin in a match on Delfino.
I have a feeling I'm going to love his spike.. a lot. I mained Marth so it'd be hard for me to go into Brawl without any spike. Hurrah for Olimar!

Colenstien

Smash Ace
You win Squirtle's seal of approval.

:):007::)
Squirtle eh?.........

:):003::)
My Venasaur seal of approval uses Solarbeam on your Squirtle seal of approval. It's super effective!

Edit: I almost forgot to tell you. I am representing the Pikmen in the War of the Clubs comic. Wish me luck, boys!

You, and me both brother.

Hoover Dam! Spike's picture didn't stay up long.

Florida

イーグランツ
I added two more people to the list of members; I meant to add a few more, but it was too much work for me to handle with on the Wii. Speaking of which: my computer died, so don't expect me on much. Once it's fixed, I'm planning on changing how the Pikmen will be run.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
I added two more people to the list of members; I meant to add a few more, but it was too much work for me to handle with on the Wii. Speaking of which: my computer died, so don't expect me on much. Once it's fixed, I'm planning on changing how the Pikmen will be run.
Oooooh, suspense! I hope it means more cookies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom