• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Support [Pikmen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion

This is now officially my favorite stage (and I'm already a Smashville super fan). It looks utterly stunning, filled with inspiration, and remains completely true to the sourse material. Just looking at it brings back fond memories of the Pikmin and the tampoline mechanic is utter genius! :chuckle:

Yeah, the delay sucks. But awesome updates like today should serve as a reminder that this game will most definitely be well worth the wait.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
This is my new favorite stage.

When a friend of mine saw this (he's a big competitive player), he said "Man, I know Brawl is gonna be awesome, but we are barely getting any tournament legal stages it seems!" (again, he plays for fun, but goes uber-focused when it's a competition).

I replied "These stages are made for awesome, who cares if they'
re not tournament legal? That's what create-a-stage is for."

Vali

Smash Ace
This delay is going to kill me. A WHOLE other month before I get to pick up Olimar. It's going to hurt... a lot.
At least we have Olimar updates to tide us over. There's going to be a minimum of 1 more update for him (final smash) at some point in time if they so choose to update that particular aspect. In the mean time, there's plenty to speculate over given the wealth of information provided on his moveset and a stage to drool over. There was enough pain waiting for the confirmation of Olimar in Smash as a playable character, just take this time to relax knowing he's in and not stressing over Brawl's release date. Like with every other delay that's been done, it'll be worth the wait and I'd prefer to have Brawl perfected than one rushed out to appease salivating fans.

Plus unless you're in Europe or Austrailia like me, you don't have a right to complain. We may have a couple of months delay to your release date, judging by almost every other release date for every game ever.

Draenic gamer

Smash Cadet
You guys think Pikmin will be able to pick up items? It would be true to their series!

My take on it:

With a little bit of inspiration from Ice Climbers, I say since there's 6 pikmin total at a time, you could hold a max of 3 items(2 per group of pikmin, 1 on Olimar himself). I'm not sure how "balanced" this is, but I see a group of 3 pikmin holding one item. I guess they'd drop the item with Down+B.

assassinX105

Smash Apprentice
umm, I'm just gonna throw this out there, olimars final smash is end of day (I don't know if you guys knew this or not) also during weekdays I won't be on much (**** school)

burrito

Smash Lord
Oh man, Olimar looks even cooler in video form. I love his whole look. Ugh, I am so psyched for this game.

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
I hate how Sakurai reveals characters when there is a delay. It's nice for the first week, but then it's just hell waiting for the game so we could play as the character.

Anyway I'm psyched for Olimer, whom I will learn how to master after Ike(first love =P)

burrito

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's it, I'm almost positive that Olimar will be the first character that I play as.

courte

Smash Lord
well i had come here to ask if the pikmin worlds ost is a compilation of music from both games, or just 1?? i have yet to play 2... and because there is no PIKMIN MUSIC THREAD LOL

IllidR

Smash Champion
I swear to god if olimar is a secret character, I'm going to push sakurai off a skyscraper and yell " YOU MUST RECOVER"
Olimar being a secret character wouldn't be THAT bad, he should be a secret character really seeing as how he's a new series in the game. And besides if you pushed Sakurai off he WOULD recover with his "Delay Brawl" Up-B move.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
LOL Olimar owns but how did he knock off mario off the stage it was all to much pwning.

All of the trailers gave me chills down my back nice find wiseguy.

assassinX105

Smash Apprentice
Olimar being a secret character wouldn't be THAT bad, he should be a secret character really seeing as how he's a new series in the game. And besides if you pushed Sakurai off he WOULD recover with his "Delay Brawl" Up-B move.
How could I forget that move:psycho: , hmmmmm.......need to put more thought into this

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
You guys think Pikmin will be able to pick up items? It would be true to their series!

My take on it:

With a little bit of inspiration from Ice Climbers, I say since there's 6 pikmin total at a time, you could hold a max of 3 items(2 per group of pikmin, 1 on Olimar himself). I'm not sure how "balanced" this is, but I see a group of 3 pikmin holding one item. I guess they'd drop the item with Down+B.

That sounds cool but I was thinking that if you throw a pikmin near an item he will just bring it back for olimar to use. Wait, if olimar swings a pikmin for his forward smash then how does he use a beam sword?

oh nevermind, duh he swings both, one in each hand.

IllidR

Smash Champion
PIKMEN!!!!!

Now is your time. Olimar is once again in heated battle, with Krystal--a most worthy and challenging foe, in the character battles in the forum games section. We have assured that our champion has made it this far, so let us have him continue on to the next round.

We begin bombing in two minutes.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371

Well this kinda tells the world what we already knew about Olimar, and that is three words: Olimar owns..............................
That's two words.

PIKMEN!!!!!

Now is your time. Olimar is once again in heated battle, with Krystal--a most worthy and challenging foe, in the character battles in the forum games section. We have assured that our champion has made it this far, so let us have him continue on to the next round.

The hell with that! CHAAAAARRRRRGE!!!!!!!!

assassinX105

Smash Apprentice
PIKMEN!!!!!

well good luck with that, I wil not be joining in the fun today for I have school and you'll win (I think)

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
hey guys, i think i'm a prophet....lol, but seiously i called olimar's fs! really, ask kemkian, i said "it would have to be something with bulborbs" but i didn't guess the rocket, and i thought the bulborb would've been playable, but still, i guessed about half the fs.

Gumshoe87

Smash Cadet
Major props to the Pikmen and Olimar for making it into the game!

I'm really excitd to play as Olimar, he's going to be a very deep character with a lot of strategy.

He'll definitely be one of my sub-mains if not my main(take a look at my avatar for a hint lol)

Colenstien

Smash Ace
PIKMEN!!!!!

D*mn you Illid! You always announce this before I have the chance!

FOR OLIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR!

That's two words.
Thank you, Commander Obvious.:chuckle:

IllidR

Smash Champion
hey guys, i think i'm a prophet....lol, but seiously i called olimar's fs! really, ask kemkian, i said "it would have to be something with bulborbs" but i didn't guess the rocket, and i thought the bulborb would've been playable, but still, i guessed about half the fs.
That is.. very obvious. I guessed it'd have to do something with Bulborbs or some enemy in Pikmin too, that doesn't mean I'm a prophet. That's just looking at what his final smash could offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom