• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Support [Pikmen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrpink386

Smash Cadet
Congrats!

Long time Smash Boards viewer, new poster here. Just wanted to say congrats to all of the Pikmen and the many other Olimar fans out there! It actually brought a smile to my face to see how happy all of you guys were when he got announced! Only in a game like Brawl could fans find such sheer joy....what a game it will be! Congrats again guys!

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Geno supporters are saying that Geno is more unique than Olimar o_0!? And people actually wonder why R.I.D.L.E.Y. flamed them?

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Well I Was just a bit lazy on ever comming here and i knew he was going to make it. :laugh:.

Anyhow to bad it was only snake's FS, I Was really hoping for olimar's special moves, But i can't wait to see how he plays out.
I think Sakurai is getting our biggest questions out of the way.
We should be patient :)

I added Olimar as my second main next to Diddy.
So Olimar people, (including myself) I will see you on Wifi, in FEBRUARY!

Geno fans are great supporters, but when another supported character is announced... they get really frustrated because they're running out of time for an announcement.

Geno is unique, but slapping opponents across the face with strange alien-like creatures, is just badass...

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
ehhh, i'm a HUGE leon s. kennady supporter, but coulbusman never made it into a club ;( oh well, i'm just gonna have to dream....

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
If you really want me to prove that Iv always been an olimar fan, then just look at the smash crew on newgrounds. It might take a while but you can find it, you can also see how exited I was when he was announced. I just never got around to joining this crew.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I am extremely happy olimar is in, I'm just alittle disapointed at the fact that he is going to be way to dependent on pikmin
I dunno, I dont think I expected anything else, but I dont think his B moves will depend entirely on the Pikmin, but we'll have to wait and see eh?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This by far, was one of the best updates for myself. I fully supported Captain Olimar for Brawl and firmly believed his inclusion.

I can't wait to see how Olimar and Pikmin will be used in the game. With everything that Sakurai has told us, he seems to be one hell of a character.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Geno will be the next group to be banned.
Complete nonsense. Banning a group, when theres roughly 2 weeks to a roster reveal, and a little over a month release to the game?

When that full roster comes out/when the US version gets revealed, I'm ripping off all support tags and removing myself from clubs. Clearing up my signature and putting up useful things such as Brawl friend code and the likes.

And those who "hate" a character, I can guarantee they will at least use said character once.
I'm looking at you Blitzkrieg.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I think he was being sarcastic about Geno supporters getting banned. I also think he was ticked at seeing the fact that Geno supporters thought Geno was more unique and etc, when compared to Olimar. I support Geno for Brawl, but even I don't agree with that statement.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I think he was being sarcastic about Geno supporters getting banned. I also think he was ticked at seeing the fact that Geno supporters thought Geno was more unique and etc, when compared to Olimar. I support Geno for Brawl, but even I don't agree with that statement.
In my opinion, they are both equally as unique.. A small space man who picks plants out the floor who fights for him with different elements, and a possessed doll with the artillery of an infantry. They are BOTH filled with uniqueness IMO, and both deserve a spot in Brawl.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Complete nonsense. Banning a group, when theres roughly 2 weeks to a roster reveal, and a little over a month release to the game?

When that full roster comes out/when the US version gets revealed, I'm ripping off all support tags and removing myself from clubs. Clearing up my signature and putting up useful things such as Brawl friend code and the likes.

And those who "hate" a character, I can guarantee they will at least use said character once.
I'm looking at you Blitzkrieg.
I'll refrain from it. But if he is required to unlock a certain char, I'll play as him, but, reluctantly.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Character wise, yes they are both equally unique. But gameplay wise, it is hard for me to imagine Geno's fighting style being more unique than Olimar's.
After seeing Sakurai work magic in Captain Falcon's moveset, Captain Olimar's, and Pokemon Trainer's I can BET he won't let us down if he adds Geno.

Heck, all Falcon used to do was drive cars in his games, and look at how varied of a fighter he is.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Were not saying he'll let us down. Most of us know he won't. I'm sure we can say that Olimar's style is more unique than Falcon. Some are even saying Olimar is now the dominant captain. The only thing I can see getting in his way is his weight, he's smaller than Diddy.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Truth. Olimar's special moves is one update I'm actually looking forward to, something we've never had in a game before; his physics must be very interesting.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
The only thing I don't like about Olimar, is his name, but it's not going to stop me from using him, but it will sound awkward to hear the announcer say it.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Were not saying he'll let us down. Most of us know he won't. I'm sure we can say that Olimar's style is more unique than Falcon. Some are even saying Olimar is now the dominant captain. The only thing I can see getting in his way is his weight, he's smaller than Diddy.
And I'm guessing his speed to be about that of MGAW in Melee.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
More sarcasm, right? No wonder some people think he'll be the M2 of Brawl. I'm sure with his small size, he'll be nimble. He should be as nimble as Diddy is. He shouldn't be THAT slow

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Diddy's a chimpanzee. Of course he'll be more nimble.

Olimar shouldn't be slow, but should be very floaty in the air and pretty speedy on the floor.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Im sure he wont be too slow, hes just too small to be as slow as MGAW and Mewtwo, and he wont move like GAW, which was a reason GAW was the speed he was.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I've also seen Pyr0's low-polygon theory, but haven't gotten around to replying my arguments against it. It's pretty much clear that they lowered the polygon count to help the game run more smooth, so he's half right. However, I still believe that the maximum amount of Pikmin you'll be able to command at a time is five, and here's why:

Firstly, let me just point out the screen shots at the DOJO. All of the screen shots had either five Pikmin, or below, at Olimar's side. Yes, maybe this is just because that's the starting amount that he's given, but I personally do not think so. Now onto Pyr0's theory, which further helps my theory: just think of a game where all four players are Pikmin & Olimar. Assuming that the starting, and maximum amount of Pikmin given to you is five, that's 20 or so Pikmin running about, responding to commands. Surely that in itself is enough to have made the game run a little laggy.

And of course the line I quoted from the DOJO doesn't give a straight-forward answer to the starting and maximum amount-- it's just pure speculation, is all.
I agree that it could go either way. We'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully we don't have to wait too much longer for another Olimar update.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

New topic, folks. Which Pikmin is your favorite? I like them all, obviously, but Reds are my personal favorite. I always made sure I had a large supply of Reds on hand when playing Pikmin 1 & 2 as my main fighting force, since I'm pretty sure they are the best fighters (please tell me if I made that up...)

Florida

イーグランツ
New topic, folks. Which Pikmin is your favorite? I like them all, obviously, but Reds are my personal favorite. I always made sure I had a large supply of Reds on hand when playing Pikmin 1 & 2 as my main fighting force, since I'm pretty sure they are the best fighters (please tell me if I made that up...)
I'm pretty sure that you're right on that. The red Pikmin are more like the "standard" fighters of the group; they're all-around average. As for the other colors, then you start getting into more specific traits and aptitudes. I, personally, like how the yellow Pikmin look; however I think that the blue Pikmin will have a more effective use in Brawl (w/ swimming). Though, it's likely that you'll be dependent on different types, coming from different situations.

Short answer: Yellow.

A topic on the Pikmen: what now? I've received a hell of a lot of PMs ever since Pikmin & Olimar has been confirmed, asking to join the Pikmen. If the point was to just support Olimar's inclusion, should I even be accepting new members? To be safe, I bookmarked the last member to join before confirmation.

I've also received one PM, suggesting that we make an actually crew / clan out of the Pikmen. It would be nice an all...but the combo videos, might be lacking originality ;o. What do you guys think?

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
to tell the truth, maybe just the best guys, but pick a few who SECONDARY olimar. that way there'd be variety.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
More sarcasm, right? No wonder some people think he'll be the M2 of Brawl. I'm sure with his small size, he'll be nimble. He should be as nimble as Diddy is. He shouldn't be THAT slow
Stubby little man in a spacesuit being nimble is lol. Kirby ad Jiigs were tiny, but they weren't exactly speedy, were they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom