• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Support [Pikmen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
After the LOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG wait for a character Im sad it wasent K.Rool. But Olimar? Good Enough!

Sinn

Smash Lord
You know, I was never entirely sure if they would include him, but I think I'm glad they did. I'm curious to see how his moveset works though...sounds like it's on crack.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
*Captain Falcon victory pose*

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGHDFJLFD

The music is nice too. I can't wait for his stage. I bet it's beautiful!

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
O yes! Pikmen our day has come! Yes! And ha ha ha that person who (Just recently) had the rumor that involved Olimar acting like Pokemon trainer, OWEND!

And he acts just (Almost...) like we thought he would. Now we need Gypsy to make us new sigs with these new screenshots ; )

YES BABY HE HAS ARRIVED!!

Personally, I have never played the pikmin games and to me, Olimar doesn't seem very exciting. I see that many people are ecstatic about his inclusion however, so can someone please enlighten me as to why he is so special why everyone is so happy about him being in Brawl?

Thanks
People want him in.
He is in.

How hard is that to understand? But it is also because he is going to be one of the most unique characters in brawl.

cwal37

Smash Rookie
I'm guessing (this is random and mostly unsupported except by the screen shots in which different pikmin of the same color have different antennae tops) that the strength of his attacks is random to a degree in that whether the pikmin he pulls out is either flower bulb or leaf headed.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Congratulation guys. We finally have a character to fill that empty newcomer space that's been there for the last 3 months.

Also, awesome job for being so dedicated and supportful of this thread. This thread is officially golden!!

Awesome, Captain Olimar isn't assumed to be in Brawl now. He definitely is IN Brawl!!
Hoorah!! Banzai! Banzai!! Banzai!!!

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
CONGRATULATIONS, FELLOW PIKMEN!

We see a great victory tonight! can't wait to try him out in Brawl.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
The only thing worse than the people out there who actually thought he wouldn't be in...are those who are complaining about the fact that he did. Those people deserve to be shot and maimed.

Maybe this will all change when tomorrow we get his special moves...

Chepe

Smash Lord
I like his falling animation, I never imagined him to move like an astronaut in the air. Thats a nice touch!

With the Pikmin trailing behind him like they are in the picture, does anyone now get the impression that he is a floaty?

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
The Dojo has officially returned to full glory!!! This week (although Monday, while good wasn't the best) has been spectacular!! (Sorry, I can't wait until the blog is updated, must post now!)

P&O look great, and looks to have a nice compromise between the different and extreme movesets/styles that people have been suggesting. (I.E. just pikmin / just Olimar / Olimar only in the background / etc.)

This is great, and it's a nice smack in the face to anyone thinking P&O are too small or not viable. Here's hoping they do the same thing with Chibi-Robo! Haha.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about the multi-posts, this p*sses me off more than it does you. My internet has been crappy lately, or this thread was dying from traffic, or some combination of the two.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
HELL YES!!!

...But I told y'all he'd be a fox clone...

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Emperor Bublax, Smoky Progg, or Titan Dweevil has to be his Final Smash!)

(The creature falls on the stage and starts decimating everyone else!)
I was thinking more along the lines of spicy and bitter sprays...i.e., all your pikmin get boosted (power, speed) and your enemies (in the vicinity) get turned to stone temporarily...

I mean, this is how you killed big enemies in Pikmin2. It seems fitting.

Akiak

Smash Ace
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG !!!!!

YEEEEEESSSS!!!!

I think I know who my main is now!

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Congrats to the many Pikmin fans of the world. For my part, I never doubted it for a second, though I wasn't sure if he'd be a secret character or not.

On a side note, I made a prediction in 2002 about five characters I thought would be in the next Smash Bros. This puts me at 3 out of five (Wario, Pit, Captain Olimar). I could be one of those "prophets" we've been hearing about recently.

Seriously though, you're all sensible people for expecting Olimar. Props.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
All of these people complaining that he got in are really getting on my nerves. Funny thing is...everyone who didn't want him...they are always people who never played the games.

Anyway, jokes on them because...HE'S IN! And ain't nothing they can say is gonna change that...

Shuma

Smash Hero
Never liked him or the games, but, Congratulations. He does look pikminish.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Heres the art I used in the sig

Sorry I couldn't find the real link. This is from photobucket.

Feel free to use my sig if you want to! You can take off the By Akiak part if you want.

Man Pikmin in Brawl put me in a good mood today :)

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
congradulations on getting olimar, I was sceptical on how he would work but I think they(nintendo) did a good job with the balance. I am going to throw a guess to how he works(from the update):
1.he can only have 5 pikmen at a time(1 of each color)
2.most(if not all) of his attacks depend on the pikmen.
3. due to the fact that sakurai said they tend to scatter, they will still do that annoying freak out and run thing.
4. hammer= the enemy of pikmen.
5. he will probably do well in one on ones (due to nombers but tht may not be true).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom