• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Support [Pikmen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllidR

Smash Champion
What's with people thinking Olimer should fight like the Pokemon Trainer?
Argh, nothing would be worse than that. To think that Olimar would have to sit on the side lines it just proposterous! And it wouldn't even be as good as the Pokemon Trainer if Sakurai did decide for some odd reason to incorporate a fighting style like this. The Pikmin, although different colors, would have the same moves giving switching to different Pikmin no real reason why you should have to have three of them, except maybe the possibility of slightly different stats. Still, terrible idea.

And my sincerest welcome Foz!

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
Just think in a few days we will know if olimar is in brawl(Which he is) and then we can main him. Really though who is going to main Olimar????? I know I will. Sorry for not posting in a while I really got into WoW, but thankfully that was just a phase lol.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Just think in a few days we will know if olimar is in brawl(Which he is) and then we can main him. Really though who is going to main Olimar????? I know I will. Sorry for not posting in a while I really got into WoW, but thankfully that was just a phase lol.
I think it was just a phase, lol, I havent played WoW lately, after playing it constantly for 3 years.

Ill main Olimar, and only Olimar, whether he sucks, is Op, is too slow, or is autistic (Like that guy whos name escapes me said about Ike in his sig)

theres also no chance he could be like PT, it wouldnt fit. And people would use one type of Pikmin to fight, it wouldnt work the way PT is supposed to.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Welcome to the Pikmen, Foz. I personally am glad to see someone as seemingly well-rounded and intelligent as you (What I gather about you from the K. Rool thread, your arguements and support there add alot to the thread, kudos :))

Apologies that your first greeting was one such as that, but hopefully you can forgive us fiar Olimar-lovers.
That was beautiful man. *sniff*

And am I gonna main Olimar? He might be my secondary but I don't plan on leaving Donkey hanging anytime soon.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Main Olimar? Heck Yeah I will! Him and Pit are gonna be my mains...I can't see myself maining anyone else, but who knows what Sakurai has up his sleaves?

IllidR

Smash Champion
Olimar will be my main. The only thing that could keep me from maining him is if Black Knight were to appear as a playable character in Brawl OR if i love my thumbs, playing would be hard.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I just had a brilliant idea for one of Olimar's taunts! He can lay down and have his Pikmin carry him like in the pikmin games! Hey, if Luigi can have a meteor smash for a taunt, Olimar could have the first moving taunt in the series!!!

Pseudo_Sam

Smash Cadet
Well, it all depends on if he's any good as a character. I mean, if he's in but has a really terrible moveset, then I probably wouldn't main him. I want to main someone who I both respect as a character and feel I can win with.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
It's funny that while everyone else here at SWF are becoming nervous at the sign of the upcoming release date, us here in the Olimar thread are becoming excited :D
We must be the only group that is 99% sure that our character will make the cut

IllidR

Smash Champion
It's funny that while everyone else here at SWF are becoming nervous at the sign of the upcoming release date, us here in the Olimar thread are becoming excited :D
We must be the only group that is 99% sure that our character will make the cut
Olimar is pretty much a shoe-in, so we're prepping for the pure celebration of the day!

Also,

*Blows the Conch-shell*

PIKMEN AND ALL OLIMAR FANS... ASSEEEEMMMBBLLLEEE!!!!
Olimar is in the heat of battle right now in the character battles thread in the games forum. He's got some tough competitition so he needs everyone's support, so get over there now and make sure our champion makes it through!

Akiak

Smash Ace
Sorry I haven't posted for a looooong time but I went snowboarding and when I heard the conch-shell blow I came rigt back!

Olimar is definetely in. Remember he was made by Mario and Links creator!

I bet there will be a Pikmin 3 for Wii but it won't happen before Brawl thats for sure. So don't expect new Pikmins in Brawl.

US PIKMEN SHALL SUPPORT THE ALL MIGHTY OLIMAR AND DEFEND OURSELVES FROM THE THREAD-CLOSING MODS!!!

In response to adding 48593958294984 or so ">"s in Olimar>Geno:

Olimar>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Geno

lolololol Sorry if I exagerated. I just hate Geno sooooooooo much!

Oh and do u like my sig?

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
Sorry, i wanted to be on this thread more...

olimar is perfect for Brawl. end of story

the thing is, i disagree with your b moves....
heres mine:

b- Big Punch his quick, big punch, deals low knockback
side b- pik hit: swings pikmin at foe. medium knockback.
up b- Dolphin: rocket blast. high knockback, hard to hit though.
down b- pikmin pluck: picks pikmin.

thanks for reading!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Sorry, i wanted to be on this thread more...

olimar is perfect for Brawl. end of story

the thing is, i disagree with your b moves....
heres mine:

b- Big Punch his quick, big punch, deals low knockback
side b- pik hit: swings pikmin at foe. medium knockback.
up b- Dolphin: rocket blast. high knockback, hard to hit though.
down b- pikmin pluck: picks pikmin.

thanks for reading!
Nice, only one I really disagree with is his neutral B.

I came up with my own moveset, and I think the moves would work well together, and incorporate Pikmin AI very well. (I wanted to use ultra bitter spray, but I'll take it out, because I heard rumors that its an item, so Ill just assume it is.)

B - Whistle (Slight damage in a wide or small radius, depending on how hard the button is pushed and held, also calls back any Pikmin to Olimar's side caught in the range of the whistle.

B> - this is the only one Im not sure of. I think throwing the Pikmin should not be it's own move. I had this reserved for Ultra Bitter Spray, but that might be an item, so maybe a pikmin charge, in which all the pikmin on the stage near Olimar charge forward in a straight line, with very high knockback. Hey, I like this actually.

B^ - The dolphin. Olimar transforms into the dolphin (At least thats how it would have to look) and it rockets upward. High damage, good recovery move.

BV -Pluck - Olimar plucks a random pikmin from the ground, and holds it in his hand, much like Peach's vegetable move. The Pikmin can then be throw, and when it lands it attacks the nearest enemy. Up to 5 Pikmin can be on the stage at once.

Final Smash - I just really love the idea on the front page. The dolphin swoops down (yeah, its a recovery move too, but that doesnt matter) sheds a portion of the stage in a beam of light. Enemys caught in this are stunned for 5 seconds. The dolphin then drops 5 yellow pikmin carrying bomb rocks, who then kamizake into the stunned enemys or the nearest enemys who are not stunned.

Those who say if it's in one move it shouldnt be in his FS, mario uses fire in both his B move and his FS, among others.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Here's my moveset:

B: The Whistle
Holds out his Whistle and prepeares to blow it. Press a directional button and the Pikmin will rush in that direction.

Side B: Pikswing
Pulls out a Pikmin and spins around 3 times. The Pikmin is then let go and he roams the stage.

Up B: Dolphin Rocket
It comes and picks him up.

Down B: Plant-a-Pik
Olimar shoves a Pikmin into the ground. Then, you can either press VB again to make it pop up, if an enemy comes close to it, it will pop up and attack, or it will automatically pop up after 5 seconds. The Pikmin then roams around.

Final Smash: Pikmin Bomb Squad
Whatever Gannondorf4ever said.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Olimar still needs more support, he's neck and neck with Krystal and Cel-shaded Link. We need to make sure our hero passes through to the next round, stop by and give him your vote!

Colenstien

Smash Ace
*Blows the Conch-shell*

PIKMEN AND ALL OLIMAR FANS... ASSEEEEMMMBBLLLEEE!!!!
Olimar is in the heat of battle right now in the character battles thread in the games forum. He's got some tough competitition so he needs everyone's support, so get over there now and make sure our champion makes it through!
*Blows the sea shell of replying*

Olimar in heated battle? Ready the Catapults and the Onions! We fight for his place!

For OLIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
whoops here let me fix it: b- whistle
side b- punch/ spray
(personally, i think the spray should be an item)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom