• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Support [Pikmen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if Sakurai will reveal somthing about pikmin 3 with a trophy, just like he did with the original in melee.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
So far every series created by Miyamoto has been included in Smash (except wave race, but was in the form of trophy), as we can see now Nintendogs has made it as an AT (yes.. wtfux), Pikmin was created by Miyamoto and Olimar is surely to appear in the roster.
Umm... OK... I'm just going to say that this is true, because I don't know who made what games. Let's see, *ahem*... TAKE THAT, OLIMAR HATERS!!!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Umm... OK... I'm just going to say that this is true, because I don't know who made what games. Let's see, *ahem*... TAKE THAT, OLIMAR HATERS!!!
You don't know who Miyamoto is?

The creator of Pikmin, Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong (Not Contry), etc...?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
Where did you get Miyamoto working on Dreamland?

He didn't have any part that I can find in it...It was all Sakurai

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_games_created_by_Shigeru_Miyamoto
quote from wikipedia,
Wikipedia said:
"Twinkle Popo" was a completed product with a pre-order of 26,000 units. It was supposed to be released under the game's developer, HAL Laboratory. Miyamoto intervened arguing that, with a tiny bit of tweaking, it would become a great game. After cancelling the pre-order, the game was eventually released under Nintendo with the title Kirby's Dream Land, selling 5 million units globally.
Shiggy has had a hand in basically everything nintendo

Florida

イーグランツ
This voting this really isn't working out. Without the function to make a real poll, this really won't get anywhere. So far I've only gotten 8 voters. So stop the voting. Really, the Pikmen Regime was a good suggestion, but the Pikmen just stands out more, and is simply awesome.

Sorry about wasting everyone's time with the polls. But the name of the Captain Olimar group will be "Pikmen". I know I was aiming for a majority rule, but eh... well, no johns I guess. I just like the name Pikmen better! So, that's that. If you want to join just PM me, blah blah blah.

EDIT: I went ahead and added a mini-section for the Pikmen on the first post (it's at the bottom). I'll fix that up and make it more organized later.

@below
Your name is the crappiest ever. =/
Comeback ftw?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
This voting this really isn't working out. Without the function to make a real poll, this really won't get anywhere. So far I've only gotten 8 voters. So stop the voting. Really, the Pikmen Regime was a good suggestion, but the Pikmen just stands out more, and is simply awesome.

Sorry about wasting everyone's time with the polls. But the name of the Captain Olimar group will be "Pikmen". I know I was aiming for a majority rule, but eh... well, no johns I guess. I just like the name Pikmen better! So, that's that. If you want to join just PM me, blah blah blah.
I'm sorry, but Pikmen is the crappiest name ever.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
The majority is in favor of the Pikmin Regime, just because YOU like it and you started the Olimar topic doesn't really represent the rest of us does it?

(edit: i've also come to the conclusion that the only people that do not like the Pikmin Regime are people that can't pronounce "Regime" correctly >_>)

Florida

イーグランツ
The majority is in favor of the Pikmin Regime, just because YOU like it and you started the Olimar topic doesn't really represent the rest of us does it?

(edit: i've also come to the conclusion that the only people that do not like the Pikmin Regime are people that can't pronounce "Regime" correctly >_>)
Aherhm.

First of all, you can't truly say that the majority of Olimar supporters prefer the Pikmin Regime over the Pikmen. In the first poll, the Pikmen never had a chance to compete, and once it was suggested, I saw a LOT of support for that name.

In the second poll I attempted at, no matter how small of an amount of voters there were, the Pikmen still won. And even though that doesn't matter now, that was the majority. Besides, not all 68 voters from the first poll will be apart of the group. As I explained earlier, anyone could've clicked on this thread and voted for any random name.

Secondly, since I technically am the "leader" of this group, I think I have a say in what the name is. Well actually, I consider myself, Colenstien, and IlldR the "officials", but I did require a catchy name if I was going to start this group. And the "Pikmen" is very catchy!

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
Aherhm.

First of all, you can't truly say that the majority of Olimar supporters prefer the Pikmin Regime over the Pikmen. In the first poll, the Pikmen never had a chance to compete, and once it was suggested, I saw a LOT of support for that name.

In the second poll I attempted at, no matter how small of an amount of voters there were, the Pikmen still won. And even though that doesn't matter now, that was the majority. Besides, not all 68 voters from the first poll will be apart of the group. As I explained earlier, anyone could've clicked on this thread and voted for any random name.

Secondly, since I technically am the "leader" of this group, I think I have a say in what the name is. Well actually, I consider myself, Colenstien, and IlldR the "officials", but I did require a catchy name if I was going to start this group. And the "Pikmen" is very catchy!
well why don't we wait and see what the other officials have to say about the switch from the Pikmin Regime to the "catchy" Pikmen

Florida

イーグランツ
Right. I think that Colenstien and IlldR supported the Pikmen Regime suggestion over Pikmen. But really, Pikmen is just more fitting of a name for a Captain Olimar support group. Anyway, we should move on. I'll be requesting a miniature signature from one of the signature shops, I'll get back to you with the outcome once it's ready.

Also, the poll will soon be taken down.
And the thread will be back to its old self ^.^

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I agree with Egruntz. Pikmen is as good a name as any. Let's just get the naming bussniess behind us so we can move on.
pick women!!!11

on topic: What if some of the enemies from pikmin made it in as AT, that would be funny if that giant queen bulbin (i forgot name) appeared and would roll to try and squash people.

pick women!!!11

on topic: What if some of the enemies from pikmin made it in as AT, that would be funny if that giant queen bulbin (i forgot name) appeared and would roll to try and squash people.
That'd be kind of cool, i'd like to see maybe a red bulborb run around and try to eat people. Maybe dwarf bulborbs could be enemies in subspace.

Boss Ideas for SE-
Empress Bublax
Emperor Bulblax
Titan Weevil

Also any ideas on what hs victory music should be? I hope its ai no uta or some other song

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Olimar's Subspace Story:

Subspace army steals Olimar's spaceship and hes on his way to go retrieve it back with the help of his pikmin. Along the way he finds pikachu buried in the ground with his tail sticking out.. he sees an enemy bulborb heading his way he plucks pikachu out of the ground thinking its some form of pikmin and throws him at the bulborb. Pikachu electrocutes the bulborb and that begins their joint adventure...

Don't ask how pikachu got in the ground lol!

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
hey what if the titan weevil was a final smash? you see olimar look off screen, he has that suprised look. the screen then zooms out and we see the titan weevil crash onto the field. it attacks everyone on stage and has no effect on olimar. it uses all of its attacks(fire spinning thing, water bombs, ect).

or that emperor bulbax as a final smash(you know what he would do)

or even that shadowy frog like thing from pikmen 2.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
hey what if the titan weevil was a final smash? you see olimar look off screen, he has that suprised look. the screen then zooms out and we see the titan weevil crash onto the field. it attacks everyone on stage and has no effect on olimar. it uses all of its attacks(fire spinning thing, water bombs, ect).

or that emperor bulbax as a final smash(you know what he would do)

or even that shadowy frog like thing from pikmen 2.
Why wouldn't have an effect on olimar of all people.. I think your idea is great just that part that throws me off a bit, but overall good idea.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Right. I think that Colenstien and IlldR supported the Pikmen Regime suggestion over Pikmen. But really, Pikmen is just more fitting of a name for a Captain Olimar support group. Anyway, we should move on. I'll be requesting a miniature signature from one of the signature shops, I'll get back to you with the outcome once it's ready.

Also, the poll will soon be taken down.
And the thread will be back to its old self ^.^
Actually, We should be called the PikPeople... it's a little more politically correct. Jk.

I don't mind the switch to the Pikmen, if the people want it, let us have it!
So it seems I've been named official? I like it!

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
Actually, We should be called the PikPeople... it's a little more politically correct. Jk.

I don't mind the switch to the Pikmen, if the people want it, let us have it!
So it seems I've been named official? I like it!
I already considered you Pikmin master back on the old thread (before I signed up, I just lurked)

Olimar's Subspace Story:

Subspace army steals Olimar's spaceship and hes on his way to go retrieve it back with the help of his pikmin. Along the way he finds pikachu buried in the ground with his tail sticking out.. he sees an enemy bulborb heading his way he plucks pikachu out of the ground thinking its some form of pikmin and throws him at the bulborb. Pikachu electrocutes the bulborb and that begins their joint adventure...

Don't ask how pikachu got in the ground lol!
this is the best SE concept ever

IllidR

Smash Champion
I already considered you Pikmin master back on the old thread (before I signed up, I just lurked)
Creeeeeepy. SO let's get back to some actual Olimar discussion, but what is there to discuss? Olimar is flawless and almighty.

What does everyone think will be the music for a Pikmin stage? I can't remember and specific music of the game but I can imagine it incorporating at some point the marching music when you used the C-stick and some Pikmin chanting.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Why wouldn't have an effect on olimar of all people.. I think your idea is great just that part that throws me off a bit, but overall good idea.
I know it was out of place I didnt like the thought if it not attacking him either, but it would be an awful final smash if it attacked olimar when it was his final smash. maybe we can have louie ridding on its back controling it or something.

another option is the golden hovering triangle robot thing could beam up olimar and you fly it around as the titan weevil attacks. this however leaves your pikman to fend for themselfs.(i.e. they are screwed).

and lol at the pikachu pikman team up thing.(personaly I think pikachu should shok olimar as olimar pulls him up causeing olimar to throw him at the bulborb out of shock, no pun intended.)

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
What does everyone think will be the music for a Pikmin stage? I can't remember and specific music of the game but I can imagine it incorporating at some point the marching music when you used the C-stick and some Pikmin chanting.
I think some variation of the music that plays during the cutscenes would be best

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
and lol at the pikachu pikman team up thing.(personaly I think pikachu should shok olimar as olimar pulls him up causeing olimar to throw him at the bulborb out of shock, no pun intended.)
idk if I've said it on this thread yet, but Olimar should be paired with King Dedede. Waddle Dee army+Pikmin army=win.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
"The Pikmen"

So it is written, so shall it be! (Holy crap I can't belive I'm an "official" The power..... it feels good.)

But yeah on topic music wise it should incorparate the pikmin call at least a little.

And about a stage. A giant Bulborb runs in says " All your Pikminz are belong to us!" eat everyone and take a nap. Who wins? Anyone who thinks the sleeping Bulborbs are look like little angels. Little bulgy disgusting insectoid angels. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.....

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
"The Pikmen"

So it is written, so shall it be! (Holy crap I can't belive I'm an "official" The power..... it feels good.)

But yeah on topic music wise it should incorparate the pikmin call at least a little.

And about a stage. A giant Bulborb runs in says " All your Pikminz are belong to us!" eat everyone and take a nap. Who wins? Anyone who thinks the sleeping Bulborbs are look like little angels. Little bulgy disgusting insectoid angels. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.....
umm...O.K.?....what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom