• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Support [Pikmen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllidR

Smash Champion
He doesn't like the game but he acknowledges the fact that Olimar has a high chance and looks forward to playing as the unique character in Brawl.

What isn't there to understand?
And that's a good and respectable thing. Personal interests shouldn't affect who should be in the game, it's who deserves to be in the game. And no one is more deserving than Olimar.

Vote for Pikmin Regime. Olimar's Pikmin Legion doesn't roll off the tongue, it just sounds horrible.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I really want Olimar in Brawl. What worries me is that he would make a better AT. NO! Don't jinx it! Olimar for brawl! :p

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Bump for great justice. Looks like "Olimar's Pikmin legion" won this round of voting. Honestly, what were you people thinking?
Vote for Pikmin Regime. Olimar's Pikmin Legion doesn't roll off the tongue, it just sounds horrible.
Oh...... you guys make me sad making fun of my name like that. I do like the Pikmin Regime more though. I voted for it!

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
OK some1 who is really good with photoshop plz make color changes 4 Olimar. We know that we aren't going to get alt. costumes. You Fail Sakurai.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how Olimar's Pikmin Legion got that many votes in the first place
the Hocotate Horde might have been a good choice too. Oh well the Pikmin Regime will do nicely

Wiseguy

Smash Champion

Oh...... you guys make me sad making fun of my name like that. I do like the Pikmin Regime more though. I voted for it!
Sorry dude. Didn't mean to offend. :ohwell:

Anyway, I suugest that we move on to the second round of voting.

Egruntz, I suggest including the winner from this round and the two new suggestions:

Hocotate Defense Force

and Pikmen

From that match we decide the winner.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we should have another round of voting, The Pikmine Regime is just fine.
but if we do, i think Hocotate Heroes might be a good choice

IllidR

Smash Champion
Sorry dude. Didn't mean to offend. :ohwell:

Anyway, I suugest that we move on to the second round of voting.

Egruntz, I suggest including the winner from this round and the two new suggestions:

Hocotate Defense Force

and Pikmen

From that match we decide the winner.
Well I'd prefer the Pikmin Regime, but if everyone wants round two we can do it. I like Hocatate Heroes but the problem with anything with Hocatate in it is no one will know that it's Olimar related.

Florida

イーグランツ
Ahem.

It appears that my premium membership has expired today, which means that I can no longer create polls. So as it appears, the "Pikmin Regime" was the winning name suggestion. However, I do think it's rather unfair that other name suggestions weren't able to be given a chance in voting. So here's what I'm going to do.

Between the "Pikmen" and "Pikmin Regime", send a PM to me including your vote for the Olimar support group name. Yes, this is another poll; a ghetto version. Wiseguy, as for your suggestion the "Hocotate Defense Force", I agree with IllidR that it really doesn't represent Olimar completely, and almost nobody who hasn't played the games will know that it relates to Pikmin.

So! That's that. However, I do not want you guys to post your votes in this thread. What a waste of a post count! Please PM me your votes instead. I'll definitely be honest and announce the true winner.

Any new name suggestions will be ignored. No matter how completely awesome they might be.
Actually, I don't think it gets any better than "Pikmen". ;o

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
When the name I suggested wins, someone give me a cookie :).

Realistically, when do you guys see them revealing Olimar? I think there's a decent chance it could be December.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
When the name I suggested wins, someone give me a cookie :).

Realistically, when do you guys see them revealing Olimar? I think there's a decent chance it could be December.
I say Monday could be Olimar's day. Think about it: every ho-hum update we get increases the anticipation for the awesome revelation that will break the trend. A game-changing character like Olimar would fit that bill nicely.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
If that guys speculation (forgot his name :( ) about 3 characters every other month, I think olimar would be december 1st' update.. but he is long over due to be revealed imo, unless he is unlockable.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Sounds logical captain.

I think it could definently be sometime in December if at all. (If Sakurai dosen't show entire roster.)

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Sounds logical captain.

I think it could definently be sometime in December if at all. (If Sakurai dosen't show entire roster.)
Well, there is supposedly going to be a big roster leak from CoroCoro on the 15th, so the good Captain may be included in that. But if not, we know that he is unlockable. I assume he will be unlockable either way, though.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I am surprised Olimar and Custom Robo's franchises haven't been shown off for Brawl yet. They both are most likely in the game. You'd think Nintendo would wanna rep their newer franchises.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I think it will be:
november: captain olimar
december: megaman
feburary: krystal
january: Ridley

just call it a hunch.
but ya I hope captain olimar is announced soon, he is one of the characters that I dont have a whole lot of careing wether they get in or not, but he does seem very interesting.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I think it will be:
november: captain olimar
december: megaman
feburary: krystal
january: Ridley

just call it a hunch.
but ya I hope captain olimar is announced soon, he is one of the characters that I dont have a whole lot of careing wether they get in or not, but he does seem very interesting.
Maybe The CoroCoro update will release the entire roster, unlockables and all. Or, maybe we'll have to wait until the Japanese release to get the goods.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
one a month!? i though he did one every 2 weeks (well, he does, but not this month apperantly) i was thinking this...

double update at the end of the month

Olimar
Midna (my 2 most wanted)

december (2nd week)

Krystal
(last week)
Ridley (my next 2 most wanted)

and then the reveal a couple veterans, bla bla bla *coughCAPTAIN FALCONCOUGH*

and once the game is released, they show the full roster... WHALA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom