• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Support [Pikmen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
We all know Olimar is going to be in the game, but I think our only worries is that he might end up just being an AT. But Sakurai is smart, so there really isn't any doubt in my mind that he'll make it as a PC

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
We all know Olimar is going to be in the game, but I think our only worries is that he might end up just being an AT. But Sakurai is smart, so there really isn't any doubt in my mind that he'll make it as a PC
How on earth could he be an AT? I see the bulborb as the AT here.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
AT :O - olimar as a AT would bring forth alot of hell to sakurai.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
The bulborb trophy really was a confirmation for me really, in melee the only trophies that didn't have representation in the form of playable characters were a few random NES games and some GCN games that were about to be released (Pikmin, Animal crossing. These trophies were for hype). But I just feel that the only thing that we really have to fear is the very small possibility that things might not turn out like we expect - since they haven't been for everything else as of late. It's really the only thing we have to debate other than moveset speculation, since he's practically confirmed already :p

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
I would like to join the support for Captain Olimar. He is one of my favorite new prospects for Brawl and seems like he would be a great, unique addition.

Is there a sig picture for it?

IllidR

Smash Champion
I dont want to put a damper in you guys party but, that trophy means nothing. just look at all the trophies that had nothing to do with the characters in it.
Actually you're wrong in saying that. Think about it, in Melee if a series was not represented and got a trophy it was of a protagonist or other main character of that game. This trophy shows a pretty generic and minimal importance enemy getting representation within Brawl. From this we can at least conclude that Pikmin will be getting greater representation within the game.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
I dont want to put a damper in you guys party but, that trophy means nothing. just look at all the trophies that had nothing to do with the characters in it.
I JUST posted this,
Yigguth said:
in melee the only trophies that didn't have representation in the form of playable characters were a few random NES games and some GCN games that were about to be released (Pikmin, Animal crossing. These trophies were for hype)
You can confirm it yourself, just start up melee. Besides the few I mentioned, every trophy had a PC from their series.
Also I agree with IllidR. In melee we got trophies of Olimar and the Pikmin, here we have an enemy, something only PCs were blessed with before. I'm assuming their choice of trophies will remain the same for brawl

Florida

イーグランツ
Actually, I'm really hoping (and expecting) that Captain Olimar will be revealed on November 30th. Which is not only a Friday (and originally the last Friday before release), but it is also my birthday, so that'd make one epic day! ;o

As for the bulborb in the trophy picture, that really doesn't mean anything. Think about it, Pikmin had two trophies in Melee as well, it really doesn't make any difference. Not that that matters, though, since Olimar will be in the game. :embarrass

Also, as others have previously discussed, in the "Stage Builder" update there seems to be mushroom-like structures in the left panel of this screenshot. Either Sakurai is giving us plenty of options, or that's all coming from a Pikmin related stage! ;] ... or both.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
I usually expect the character updates on Thursdays, and the movesets on Fridays. But hey, I'm crossin my fingers here for something next week

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Olimar would be amazing

He could be Pichu size, with pikmin being a little smaller

Theres no way he isnt playable (unique, moveset potential, miyamoto creation, new series, popular everywhere), cant wait to try him out :D

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Concerning the stage.

The stage could definently be the planet he lands on. There could be giant things like bottle caps and those pikmin coins.

Wouldn't it be awesome if you fighting and then all the sudden a giant battery comes out of nowhere and owns eveyone?

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
Wikipedia said:
In the first Pikmin game, many fans had suspected that the Pikmin homeworld is in fact our own Earth, and Pikmin 2 confirms this beyond any doubt: the treasures salvaged by the Pikmin through the course of the game include batteries, dentures, doll-heads and even old Nintendo console components. Familiar plants like weeds, clovers and dandelions are also observed during the course of the game.
Come on, the ending of Pikmin 2 even zooms out on the planet, and you can clearly see australia. It's Earth.
EDIT:
see?

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I JUST posted this,

You can confirm it yourself, just start up melee. Besides the few I mentioned, every trophy had a PC from their series.
Also I agree with IllidR. In melee we got trophies of Olimar and the Pikmin, here we have an enemy, something only PCs were blessed with before. I'm assuming their choice of trophies will remain the same for brawl
sorry but wrong still, mach rider? those giants? there were quite a few without PC representation.(when I say giants I mean hate giant and love giant.)

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
yes the japanese only game, Doshin the Giant that was yet to be released. it's trophy was for hype too. drop it, error_alt_delete, you're wrong.
edit: and mach rider was just another random NES trophy, which I mentioned before

Florida

イーグランツ
Voting time has expired! Here are the results:

• Pikmin Regime: 3
  • Pikmen: 4
Not that many people voted, but what's done is done! And that's final!

The voters were: Wiseguy, error_alt_delete, IlldR, zero suit falcon, Blackadder, Seiya, and myself.
Well then, it's official! The Captain Olimar support group is hence forth named the "Pikmen"!

Someone should request a signature from one of the shops, just to make a "group" tag.
Though if you do so, keep the dimensions of the signature small. Like... 200x100 or something like that.

Now to join, all you have to do is PM me, and I'll add ya'll to the list of members (which will very soon be displayed in the first post). Captain Olimar for Brawl! Huzzah!

EDIT:

Holy crap, I just realized that I didn't even announce the deadline in my previous post. So I guess that doesn't entirely make it fair XD

@below
YOU didn't even vote. =/

Voting deadline will be November. 30th.
Also, not all of those 68 voters will actually be apart of the group. Anyone could've clicked on this thread and voted for which name they liked.

Really though, I need to find a better system of voting.
Getting tons of PMs is going to drive me insane.

Just do this, when you send me the PM, include your vote in the title. This'll make it much easier on me! :)

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
Voting time has expired! Here are the results:

• Pikmin Regime: 3
  • Pikmen: 4
Not that many people voted, but what's done is done! And that's final!

The voters were: Wiseguy, error_alt_delete, IlldR, zero suit falcon, Blackadder, Seiya, and myself.
Well then, it's official! The Captain Olimar support group is hence forth named the "Pikmen"!

Someone should request a signature from one of the shops, just to make a "group" tag.
Though if you do so, keep the dimensions of the signature small. Like... 200x100 or something like that.

Now to join, all you have to do is PM me, and I'll add ya'll to the list of members (which will very soon be displayed in the first post). Captain Olimar for Brawl! Huzzah!
What? Only a days worth of voting? 7 voters. Yeah nice. There were 68 voters in the last poll. There was no need to have another, and I don't call switching to the Pikmen which received 4 votes when the Regime got 32 exactly fair. there wasn't enough time and not enough people were aware of the poll
the Pikmin Regime should remain the name

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
yes the japanese only game, Doshin the Giant that was yet to be released. it's trophy was for hype too. drop it, error_alt_delete, you're wrong.
edit: and mach rider was just another random NES trophy, which I mentioned before
you said EVERY trophy in melee had PC representaion, there were quite a few that didnt, I will point out more if I must, there were guite a few (the majority) that DID have PC representation. but the fact still stands not all of the trophies in melee had pc representaion.
there fore the bulbin trophy has absolutely no effect on olimar's chances.

IllidR

Smash Champion
you said EVERY trophy in melee had PC representaion, there were quite a few that didnt, I will point out more if I must, there were guite a few (the majority) that DID have PC representation. but the fact still stands not all of the trophies in melee had pc representaion.
there fore the bulbin trophy has absolutely no effect on olimar's chances.
Did you read my post? All trophies that DID NOT have PC representation had only the main character or a main part of the game as the trophy. A bulbin is a small, generic, non-important enemy, and we can conclude from it getting a trophy most likely that Pikmin will be getting greater representation. Look at your Melee trophies and try to refute this.

Also, for the voting for those who already voted do we have to send another vote? Or are we fine.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I am a visitor of this thread and a future member of the club, so yes, it does concern me.
It actually doesn't because it was a question specifically directed at EgGruntz regarding if previous private messaged votes needed to be resubmitted. You're not tallying the votes or had sent a previous vote so it doesn't concern you in ANY way.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
So far every series created by Miyamoto has been included in Smash (except wave race, but was in the form of trophy), as we can see now Nintendogs has made it as an AT (yes.. wtfux), Pikmin was created by Miyamoto and Olimar is surely to appear in the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom