• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Dittos: Code of Honor

Dnyce

Smash Master
So after thought and discussion with a few players, it's come to my attention that Olimar is the only character who doesn't have a legitimately even match-up with himself. As we know, it's in-part determined by the random assortment of Pikmin and whomever got the better luck of the draw (on paper) wins. So, in order to make things as even as possible, I suggest an Olimar ditto code of honor, in which we attempt to make the ditto as even as possible without absurdities like reducing it down to nolimar. The best way I see for this is to play on stages that increase yellow pikmin to decrease the amount of "luck" in the ditto. So, for the stage list we would have

Starter:
Lylat Cruise
Frigate Orpheon
Corneria

Counterpick:
Brinstar
Nofair
Big Blue
75M
Shadow Moses
Banned:
Smashville

Counter/Ban:
Everything Else

As you know, some of these stages are banned; however, in the rules it dictates that is both players agree to the stage then you're free to play on it. So thus I propose this Code of Honor ;o

Noa.

Smash Master
Screw the whole list just make the set follow the order of the starters. In the case of a final just repeat the list.

pokemon trainer also doesn't have a necessarily even matchup

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
vvvfino: Olimar is the only character... without and even ditto
Hilt: pokemon trainer X:
Hilt: but yeah lol
vvvfino: PT doesn't count as a char
vvvfino: lol

Dnyce

Smash Master
^^That

It's like saying Zelda doesn't have an even match-up with herself because she can just change to shiek.

PT isn't a character; squritle is a character... ivysaur is a character.... charizard is a character... but PT is not.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
So after thought and discussion with a few players, it's come to my attention that Olimar is the only character who doesn't have a legitimately even match-up with himself. As we know, it's in-part determined by the random assortment of Pikmin and whomever got the better luck of the draw (on paper) wins. So, in order to make things as even as possible, I suggest an Olimar ditto code of honor, in which we attempt to make the ditto as even as possible without absurdities like reducing it down to nolimar. The best way I see for this is to play on stages that increase yellow pikmin to decrease the amount of "luck" in the ditto. So, for the stage list we would have

Starter:
Lylat Cruise
Frigate Orpheon
Corneria

Counterpick:
Brinstar
Nofair
Big Blue
75M
Shadow Moses
Banned:
Smashville

Counter/Ban:
Everything Else

As you know, some of these stages are banned; however, in the rules it dictates that is both players agree to the stage then you're free to play on it. So thus I propose this Code of Honor ;o
LOLegit

I spy two opportunities to purple pikmin lock - three if you count seperate walls ;)
LOLOL
but there are some yellow pellet posy to create more yellow pikmins
tee hee

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
this thread goes against what I preach... as long as both players aren't distractes, a win is a win. I'm result oriented... so sorry oli's if we play cause I'm praying you get all reds or something dumb lol

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Stuff about a code of honour

Starter:
list of starters

Counterpick:
Brinstar
Nofair
Big Blue
75M
Shadow Moses

Other stuff

I approve of this code GREATLY.

If I see any of you Olimars at MLG/Apex next year, I'll go Olimar and we go to 75M?

Excellence

Smash Champion
The Olimar match-up is even. Both players go into the match having the same possibility of drawing crappy Pikmin or great ones. Even when they don't, the only ones that are real deciding factors are Purples and Blues. Pikmin die left and right in this match-up to begin with so there is no reason to think you'll ever get stuck with a crappy line. The only code of honor here is the same that goes for everyone else: no surrender, no retreat.

Dnyce

Smash Master
this thread goes against what I preach... as long as both players aren't distractes, a win is a win. I'm result oriented... so sorry oli's if we play cause I'm praying you get all reds or something dumb lol
hahahahahaha, I thought this thread would be locked when I made it.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
The Olimar match-up is even. Both players go into the match having the same possibility of drawing crappy Pikmin or great ones. Even when they don't, the only ones that are real deciding factors are Purples and Blues. Pikmin die left and right in this match-up to begin with so there is no reason to think you'll ever get stuck with a crappy line. The only code of honor here is the same that goes for everyone else: no surrender, no retreat.
actually, a little piece of information for you, every olimar main has a "chi" that allows them to get more pikmin of one or two colors than what should happen % wise, hilt's chi is yellow/ purple, fino's is blue/purple, mine is red/ white (ugh...white >_>), logic's is definitely yellow, brood is purple/ red, ect., so no olimar dittos are actually even, so, fino and hilt actually win each olimar ditto 60-40, also, no olimar mains can have just a purple "chi"

Excellence

Smash Champion
actually, a little piece of information for you, every olimar main has a "chi" that allows them to get more pikmin of one or two colors than what should happen % wise, hilt's chi is yellow/ purple, fino's is blue/purple, mine is red/ white (ugh...white >_>), logic's is definitely yellow, brood is purple/ red, ect., so no olimar dittos are actually even, so, fino and hilt actually win each olimar ditto 60-40, also, no olimar mains can have just a purple "chi"
0_o Wha chu talkin bout? You could possibly mean the chi only the chosen 5 have.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Whites are too beast in the beginning of an opp.'s stock%

And I believe whoever gets port4 in Snake dittos has advantage ;p

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I think both players should be required to start each stock with different colors.

And no player may pull additional pikman until death.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Whites are too beast in the beginning of an opp.'s stock%

And I believe whoever gets port4 in Snake dittos has advantage ;p
**** YES, SOMEONE FINALLY GETS IT!!!! OMFG!!!!

Snake Port 4 is easily at an advantage over himself...anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

Good thing I'm pro at rock paper scissors.

*rock*
*rock*
*rock*
YAH I WON

/did that 4 times in 1 tourney. get at me, it's pro and how to win at every RPS game in existance.

:nifty::leek:

Top Bottom