• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*old man voice* Kids these days......

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
...Got no respect for their betters. It is NOT ok to taunt me when I'm beating you. It is NOT ok to taunt me if you're struggling to beat me. It IS ok to taunt when you're owning someone, or when something funny happens.

It just annoys me to no end when I'm beating someone badly and when they finally manage to score a KO and they're like: "Ha U n00B I jUsT OWnd U!!!!1!11!1"

It's an insult, and I take it as an insult and I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way.

(Ok, maybe not, I take my Smash Bros. seriously. Leave me alone. :urg:)

/endrant

WTF!

Smash Cadet
lolz imagine if nintendo puts voice chat and they insult you. u will be one angry dude

(i still wanted voice chat :( )

ooh and if they manage to score a ko and then taunt thats some noob stuff u got there

i often do my taunt when i win not in the process of the battle......

but do ur taunts whenever u want to and if its anoying just try to beat the guy who did the taunt :)

Amide

Smash Lord
I hate taunts, PERIOD. Well, if they say "LOL" "Good Game""Nice" I couldn't care less. The ocassional taunt is OK, but it ticks me off when someone taunts "You suck."

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
THANK YOU! I hate when people do that. I was beating this guy online and I beat him like every time and whenever he got a KO his taunt said something like "Haha newb u owned!" Really stupid people...

majora_787

Smash Hero
I played an online match yesterday where some guy playing as a pink Link was running around the stage and taunting like a *** the whole match. And yet he got second place. The taunting thing is really REALLY annoying. -_-

Jawsh!

Smash Cadet
I do hate those downright obnoxious taunts. However if I recieve one in the process of winning, I don't care. The other guy must be eight, and attempting do redeem his suck.

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
But taunting allows some serious mindgames, I mean look how it angers you:laugh:!

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
In one on ones, taunting is annoying if the other guy is getting his *** handed to him. But, everything changes in With Anyone. I played a basic brawl, where I ended up with two other Captain Falcons who helped me in taunting the single Link to "show his moves". This went on for about 4 matches until he finally had enough and quit.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
I purposely use rude taunts to make my opponents angry, throwing them off their game. I consider it mind games.

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice
I hate that, too. You literally beat the crap out of someone and he only has his last stock left, you lose your first, he taunts. That's really annoying. But the AI is no better, even it taunts in stupid situations.

KSUkid

Smash Apprentice
I don't mind that, so much as double-taunting. That's disrespectful. Unless you're Kirby, in which case it's an acceptable mindgame and one of the greatest uses of Kirby from Melee.

tj_odee

Smash Rookie
I played an online match yesterday where some guy playing as a pink Link was running around the stage and taunting like a *** the whole match. And yet he got second place. The taunting thing is really REALLY annoying. -_-
I agree with you 100%. Taunts are really annoying. Espeicially c. falcon's taunt "Show me your moves!"

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Happens a lot during online play in SSB64 on emulators. Usually comes from cocky noobs who really. Really. Suck.

Timbers

check me out
Late to this thread somewhat. It doesn't bother me, but it's pretty immature. I've had a few people who, after losing 2-3 stocks themselves, kill me after; and their taunts were "haha fukken ***got" or "you suck ashole rofl."

It's really disrespectful, and ********.

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
This makes me want to taunt when im losing even more.
Why do you say that?

And I totally agree with this thread. I've fought people before and if I'm winning or their losing they will call me a noob, or will say comments like go to hell! It makes me so angry. Why do people need to say things like that. It's just a game and I think people forget that sometimes. :ohwell:

SmashMan_026

Smash Apprentice
i only use taunts in battles with personal friends. i have them as things like, "ROFL" for when something funny happens, "FAILURE" if they SD, and (my favorite) "SHOOP DA WHOOP" when i play as Samus.

i dont use them in With Anyone though. unless i win sudden death =P

Majora_X

Smash Cadet
I crouch as a sign of respect against opponents better than me.
It's like bowing.

'Course, my taunt messages are awesome too. XD

SmashMan_026

Smash Apprentice
i crouch up and down really rapidly when i play with personal friends too. its like another taunt because we laugh every time. we can tell, even though we are hundreds of miles away. i cant wait to talk to him about our last battle sunday, lol.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
So....you can make your own taunt. I never knew that :p

Yes there are taunts that are really annoying like Sonic's UR TOO SLOW!

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
I choose to go with something more original than "NOOB" or "U SUK" for my taunt messages... No originality... I mostly have things like references and one-liners for my taunts.

But yes, I do taunt when I'm losing. Because, what're you (not YOU) gonna do when you KO someone who's winning and have all that time left between their doom and their return? Cower and do nothing? No, I'm going to taunt. Because that KO was a giant hurdle jumped for me. I'm proud of that KO and I'm gonna show it. If it pisses people off, then cool. I'd want as much fuel for the fight as possible. Don't go easy.

SmashMan_026

Smash Apprentice
I choose to go with something more original than "NOOB" or "U SUK" for my taunt messages... No originality... I mostly have things like references and one-liners for my taunts.

But yes, I do taunt when I'm losing. Because, what're you (not YOU) gonna do when you KO someone who's winning and have all that time left between their doom and their return? Cower and do nothing? No, I'm going to taunt. Because that KO was a giant hurdle jumped for me. I'm proud of that KO and I'm gonna show it. If it pisses people off, then cool. I'd want as much fuel for the fight as possible. Don't go easy.
good theory....

pacha

Smash Rookie
NNID
DeLiwanyanoNika
3DS FC
0877-2647-5564
Who do you suppose your taunting? Sumtimes u dont kno. Could be sum kid. For that reason I dont do rude taunts. I do taunt alot tho. Usually sumthing like LOL. I c no problem in taunting. It passes the time when you've got nothing else to do. ie. opponent is flying off the stage or struggling to get back. Or for those guys who just stand on the other side of the stage and wait. I also just taunt to be funny sumtimes.
I wish they had voice chat tho. That would be fun. I would still taunt ^_^

K64

Smash Apprentice
I hate taunts, PERIOD. Well, if they say "LOL" "Good Game""Nice" I couldn't care less. The ocassional taunt is OK, but it ticks me off when someone taunts "You suck."
True, but it's rare -- online and all. I mean the "U suck" quote may come from a triflin loser that gets pwned alot then loses his memory.

finalark

SNORLAX
True, but it's rare -- online and all. I mean the "U suck" quote may come from a triflin loser that gets pwned alot then loses his memory.
Right on. When ever I'm winning and suddenly get "U SUCK!!! Lozerzs 1 c^n1 s93k inglith*" I always think to myself "If I suck, then why am I at four stock and you at one?"

* Translation: You suck! I can't speak English.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
if you understand that they're only insulting you because they feel insecure, their taunts won't be insulting anymore

Top Bottom