• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

billiam

Smash Rookie
I have been playing ssb since I got ssb64. Instead of getting into Nintendo I went into Playstation and Xbox, so I have never owned a gamecube. In 2008 we got a Wii and the only game I wanted for it was brawl. Therefore I have only played melee at friends houses.

Now I am trying to get better at brawl using Marth ( but I like Pikachu too ) and I need some people to spar with over Wifi. I am not at my best skill, since I have messed around with the controls and I used to play Ike (now he is too slow for me) but I can still put up a fight against my friends.

gettysburg11

Smash Cadet
Hi, I'm gettysburg11. I've been playing Brawl for a few years now, Smash 64 for a year or so off Virtual Console, and I just picked up Melee recently so I have all 3 Smash Bros. games. I'd heard a lot about this forum, and saw a lot of interesting discussions on some of the threads here. I'd also like to be able to improve my game and get tips from others on how to do that, so here I am! :)

ZeroFuse

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'm ZeroFuse. Pleasure meeting the community here. You may have seen the name "ZeroFuse" from various games. It's been my universal IGN since 2004. I hop games a lot, but for the games I truly enjoy playing, I never stop playing them. It doesn't matter what game I play, I can confidently say that you will want me as an ally. I love the SSB series, and have played it for the longest time. You will be seeing me play SSBB more than any other smash today, though. I joined this community only because whenever I try to "brawl with anyone" on Wifi, I don't run into people often anymore... I miss running into a random group of three players trying to gang up on one player, and laugh as they all get completely annihilated by me. I've never actually brawled with friends because I always had them come over to my place to play a few rounds. Hopefully this community is still active, because I still want to play this game online... visit my profile to get my brawl code and add me to friends ^.~ ...

Additional Information:
- I haven't been in a legit tournament... there are minor tournaments I've taken part in, those of which, a friend of mine or myself would usually end up as the victor.
- I struggle with my choice of who to main in SSBB... In a 1v1, Marth is usually my choice, in a 1v3 I roll with Ike. I'm pretty good with both, but then I tend to practice my falcon every now and then, and he's like someone I chose for when I feel like forgetting sword play. Forget about facing me in melee, I don't play that much anymore... maybe if tourney was by me I'd play.
- I'm a competitive player, but saying that doesn't really help me out. I'd like to go to tourneys outside of my state & beyond, but I simply do not have the cash to go and do so. I'm not sure what to do with myself, that's partially why I ended up here. I've known about this site for a while but never joined, I tend to stay anonymous. I love SSBB, and I want to keep playing it, not put a master piece in the garbage pile.
- I don't hate meta-knight. In fact, I love meta-knight. I don't play as him, but I like to face him as an opponent. I've known for a while, even without looking at the tier list, that he was the most legit character you could play as. Facing the meta-knight is fun, I usually laugh at the spam done by the other player, and I would sometimes lose against the meta-knight, but every time I face him, I learn more about the characters I use more often than not.
- I love fighting against the odds. I would rather fight someone who has a stock of 4 and myself with a stock of 2 rather than a match with even stocks of 4. I'm the kind of player who would choose the unfair advantage in a fight... It's just more of my style. Of course, it's not like I'll deny a challenge to a fair fight.
- The IGN "ZeroFuse" means "The Rising Sun" if I remember correctly. Maybe it matches my burning hot passion for gaming... trololol~

A few questions I have:
- How does connecting with others, as well as match making work here? Do I just stalk every member of this site's profiles and add them to my friends list on brawl?
- Is there a top players list, or a ranking system for the players of the smash series? I doubt it, but it would be nice.

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
Here I am. Signed up mainly looking for challenges, be it a serious match or not.

Ninja in Overalls

Smash Apprentice
hi I'm chode and I'm not about to explain what that is here but feel free to look it up at your own risk. anyway just like mattchuu up there at the top of the page I live in California and am well on my way to being 17 as well.

however MY insane passion revolves more around Mario and ice cream than anything else. in fact super Mario 64 was the first game I ever played (I more likely than not **** my pants when my uncle got an n64 to a 3 year old me). well recently I just got back into playing that game and managed to get my 120star speedrun under 2h30mins. woot!

but all that changed when I went on a 3 day wrestling trip with my team, someone brought smashbros64 and consequently I handed everyone's donkeys to them on a silver platter, making me remember how much I've always loved this game.

and yes of course I use mario, yes I know I'm a noob compared to you pros, so ill try to improve my crap skills to compete against the world and its devil tacos.

Kinoc_Skitstey

Smash Rookie
Hello, My name is Kinoc and I am 23 from Edinboro, PA. I am new to the forums. I like to play Smash Bros, but am not sure if I am any good in regards to tournament standards. I like to play all games of Smash, and was hoping that maybe that someone could help me assess my battle standards via online at the moment, for I do not have anyone local to play with. Thank you. :)

Favorite characters in N64: Link, Jigglypuff, Samus

Favorite Melee Characters: Peach, Young Link, Jigglypuff, Pichu

Favorite Brawl Characters: Pokemon Trainer, Luigi, Lucas, Link, Jigglypuff, Peach

zmx

Smash Lord
Hello, My name is Kinoc and I am 23 from Edinboro, PA. I am new to the forums. I like to play Smash Bros, but am not sure if I am any good in regards to tournament standards. I like to play all games of Smash, and was hoping that maybe that someone could help me assess my battle standards via online at the moment, for I do not have anyone local to play with. Thank you. :)

Favorite characters in N64: Link, Jigglypuff, Samus

Favorite Melee Characters: Peach, Young Link, Jigglypuff, Pichu

Favorite Brawl Characters: Pokemon Trainer, Luigi, Lucas, Link, Jigglypuff, Peach
If you've never played competitively before once you start playing online, initially you will lose a lot. But don't let this discourage you, anyone can improve if they put in the effort and listen to advice. You can post in the arena thread on the top when you want to play a match. Remember to ask for advice after finishing playing with people. Most people will be willing to help.

So many new people are joining these days.......I'm happy, the Wifi scene is growing instead of diminishing.

AKARed

Smash Apprentice
hi i work as a math tutor and front desk for a financing company. i main ice climbers in melee and am thinking about maybe getting back into brawl with maining ice climbers there too, so if anyone wants to brawl online, let me know. my fc is 4382-1917-6490

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
Hey there! I'm GlacierRyu and i've been lurking these boards for a while. I will soon get wifi and may be able to play people on here (preferably european opponents) and start going to tourneys.

uknowme219

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, my name is uknowme219, ive been an avid video game player my whole life, but ive always had a sweet spot for smash bros. Ive used this site to improve my skills, and now i feel like i should be a part of it.

:phone:

Bitter Sweets

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, nice to meet you! :3 My nickname's Mar, but you can just call me Bitt if you wish. I'm just a spontaneous 16 year old girl who lives in Florida as well as new to this forum.~
I'm here to look for some brawl buddies to fight against online even though I think I kind of am below average... xD; My sweetest guilty pleasures are games (Mario, Sonic, DMC, SSBs' and etc), manga/anime, music and sweeeets... <3 My mains in order on Brawl are: Marth, Lucas, Zelda, Zero Suit Samus, Kirby and Toon Link. And I would love tips to help me out with improving since I think I am really sucky at the game. xDD
If you ever wanna brawl with me or in a group or whatever then just PM me!~ x3

Sarix

Smash Ace
Hello everyone, my name is Sarix, and I am currently a 20 year old digital animation major. I originally viewed Smashboards as a guest for roughly a year now before making an account finally. I joined because despite understanding the techniques from character guides I really need experience against other people of equal or better skill to improve. I'm looking forward to be able to possibly learn from from the pros on how to improve at the game I want to become more involved in competitively.

My hobbies are drawing, reading, writing, and traveling. I consider myself a generally friendly person and would like to meet anyone who wants to chat or brawl.

My mains are Samus (5 months) and Peach (1 year), my secondaries are most likely going to be Fox, Kirby, Link, & Pikachu after I get more established practice with my mains.

Kujo~

Smash Rookie
Oh hey there, everyone. I just joined the smash community yesterday at Minnesota II: Avalanche!!, and had an amazing time, so I figured I'd get more involved. I go by Kujo but will respond to pretty much anything you call me, as I've been given countless nicknames over the years. I main Pink Yoshi (Yes, the color matters. XD) and am trying to bring up my IC game in Melee, and I main Kirby and Ivysaur in Brawl. Now, though, I've gotten out of Brawl and mostly into Melee.

I'm working through school to be an Ethologist (animal behavioral scientist), and I have more hobbies than I really care to count. Mainly, I dance ballroom, write short stories, play tennis, play some vidya games/board games/any kind of games, and browse the internet out of sheer boredom. I'm hoping to try and build the Minnesota smash community a bit more by getting some more tournaments to happen, but we'll see how that plays out.

Otherwise, glad to be here! =^_^=

BuRnT EGGs

Smash Apprentice
Hi, im BuRnT EGGs, Im a 16 year old guy who LOVES Yoshi & is trying to be top Yoshi someday!! :D

Mains in order: Yoshi, Kirby, Diddy, & R.O.B

I like manga, drawing, eating, sleeping playing brawl *ALOT* & having fun!! ^^ Hope to find other great Yoshi's that'll play online ^^

S-mac

Smash Rookie
Yo, my name is Sam. I've been playing smash bros games for as long as I can remember, going all the way back to 64. Where I live, there isn't a tournament scene of any kind. I was hoping I could get into it with smashboards.

Characters in 64: Jigglypuff, C.Falcon
Characters in melee: Jigglypuff, C.Falcon
Characters in brawl: Jigglypuff, C.Falcon, Wolf, Lucario, Falco

Castrate

Smash Rookie
Hello,

So... I'm Michael, I strictly play Melee in Northern Arizona.... I'm kind of awful, but I still enjoy it.
So... hello.

gw_epyon

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone. My names Jason. I'm an Indiana resident and a pretty large fan of the SSB games. I've recently gotten back into brawl and want to work on my Marth game. I'm lacking a lot in technical skill but figure the best way to get better is to practice against technical people. If anyone's up for a wifi game, my fc is 1893-5496-5753.

PostmortemMessiah

Smash Cadet
Hello Smash World Forums. My name is Jack, or PostmortemMessiah. I look forward to wandering around and meeting the community.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Bonjour everyone. I've been lurking around the forums for a while, and finally decided to join. I'm a 19 year-old guy, currently studying in computer science. I live in Quebec, Canada and French is my first language, so sometimes my way of wording my sentences might seem unusual to some of you.

I've been gaming since I was only a little child, starting on the SNES. I've always been mostly a fan of Nintendo, as I really love most of their series and their unique way of making games. So it's not much of a surprise that I like the Super Smash Bros series so much. I must admit I'm not a very competitive player, but I do like playing an occasional online game.

Anyway, I hope I enjoy my time here!

Kaisen32

Smash Rookie
Hey i'm Kaisen, I'm currently working on a Smash bros RPG. If you want to help just message me, or I'll make you help by asking questions to the boards lol

VileFCboy

Smash Rookie
Hey wassup SWF, I am occassional Melee player and I have been lurking around this forum for some tips for individual characters, obviously. I dont really play any of the Smash games as much anymore but when I do want to play melee, I want some tips for the characters that I play.

But yeah I use Melee as another game as a break from the other fighting game that I play competitively, Gundam Extreme VS.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Hiya! Welcome aboard guys :)

VileFCboy: You'll be able to find information about specific melee characters -> here <-

Enjoy your stay~

Svvagcube

Smash Cadet
Yea how is everybody doing? I've been lurking the forums/and whole smash community for quiet a while now and will start throwing my noob questions around from now on. I'm from Berlin, Germany. (so English is not my native language, therefore I might have some problems putting game wise things into English, but we'll see how that goes)

Besides Smash I do OoT Speedruns and play some random stuff on my PC (right now Dwarf Fortress and Team fortress).. I guess that's it for now..

SilverAlloy

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, I'm SilverAlloy, I've been lurking around the forums for a while and decided to join. I'm a huge fan of SSBB and was a really dedicated melee player before that. I main Lucario and a whole list of other characters, including Snake, Pikachu, etc. I like to play both online and offline a lot and aim to be a high level player in the SSBB community as a whole. I'm almost always up for a match and am always aiming to get better at brawl.

I'm really looking forward to being a part of this community, and facing many opponents as I try to become a high level brawl player.

big sleep

չչչ
Hi guys, my name is Ron. I think Super Melee Brothers Deluxe for the Nintendo Gamecube ® is the sickest game of all time. I came here to learn more about it and meet people in my area. Cheers.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Sup Ron, welcome.

I know some people from NC on here and there's always the Regional Zones so you should have no problem. Feel free to ask anyone questions.

Abbadon

Smash Rookie
ehm hi. I've been lurking this place for a while and thought I might as well make a post of sorts. my name is Peter and I currently live in switzerland. I've been playing melee for a while now (why I made this account, turned out I didn't really need it then), I mostly play as mario. so ehm Hi I guess.

(PS how come some people here are at "posts: 0"?)

edit:
I said hi twice, now I feel silly.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
(PS how come some people here are at "posts: 0"?)
It depends on which thread, forum, etc. have post counts disabled/enabled.

Hi btw. You should check out the regional zones to meet up with more people that could be nearby you. I don't know if there are any competitive scenes at your country, but you might just start one. :)

MaskedDDD

Smash Rookie
Hi! i'm MaskedDDD. I joined this site about a month ago ,but totally forgot about it.
So I came back to check out this site and get some brawls in.:)

Jeffbelittle

Smash Apprentice
Sup everyone.

Been playing SSBB for a bit now. Was always the kid who was "the best of his basement" sort of deal. Never got online Bash to be working so I didn't improve much.

Anyways: I'm challenging myself to learn more and become a lot better at this game. I recognize the immense amount of techniques that are involved in performing well and I want to get to that point.

I'd rather lose 20 games in a row if it meant I learned something that'll significantly help my play than win 20 through the same tactics that I normally employ.

My character history goes as follows:

Kirby (SSB) -> Falco (SSBM) -> Mewtwo (SSBM) -> Ganondorf (SSBB) -> Olimar (SSBB) -> Ike (SSBB) -> Now.

I'm now in the process of finding someone I want to be really competent with. I know I prefer Hard Hitting Heavyweights because it's easier to perform with them in FFA which I play a lot of; however, I also like to challenge myself. It's a toss up who my next main will be that I'll actually stick with, so I'm using the site to help me and learn valuable skills.

Eclectic Echo

Smash Apprentice
Hey fellow smashers. I've know about Smash Bros. since it's been out. But i had no idea it could be played on a very skilled level until 2009. I've started to improve to get to that level as of late 2010. I've improved drastically since then, looking forward to the day where i go to an event and compete. I play Melee, and only get to on weekends cuz that's when my buddy comes and hangs out all weekend (I need my own :p) Didn't know about this website til like a few months ago.

My main is Fox, secondary is Falco, still long ways away from where i wanna be in terms of skill. Play Doc every now and then too.

When it comes to video games, I have the drive. Before, I was the worst at halo 3 out of me and my friends, then finally got an xbox and live. I just practiced every day. And became so good, never tried becoming an MLG pro though. NOT trying to sound cocky, just a little history and my drive of wanting to become such a better player. Don't flame me plz.

I'm 19, live in Ontario, Canada, near Manitoba.

ECHO DOINB BIG THINGS! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom