• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Gravity

Smash Ace
ok, i guess ill pick bryan up between 3-4, head to my house, wait for gt, get him, go get chris, and go to norman?

were gonna have to leave at like 1 tomorrow if im taking everybody back.

also gas money is appreciated but not required

and dont worry about mei ling. they just messed her up bad is all.

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
I have too work all weekend so I can't come to the smashfest, but me and Dylan both want to come to one. So the next time you have one, plan it kind of in advanced so I can take off work and then make our ways up to Norman.

Also, I want to use the Kongs in Brawl, because Donkey Kong is one of favorite games. Diddy looks fun and Donkey looks like the rapest.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Yeah Brett, I got the 5:00. I wasn't going to show before then either way, but earlier I had thought that it might work out that I'd be able to just go from OU to your house, or kill four hours in Norman somehow, but the timing and stuff didn't fall in place, so I'll just get a ride with Andy (thanks btw).

Trapar, bring that **** over to Brett's house or you're fired. Jk. That's great that you found that Brawl kicks ***, though.

OU visit was great, College of Engineering was nice, I feel pretty confident that that's where I'll end up going. So anyone who goes there has to play Brawl :p

Also, Andy, it would be preferential if you get here closer to four than three.

Gravity

Smash Ace
okay, the plan as of now, i dont really know. i guess ill wait until gt is ready(asap please) and then go pick up both him and bryan, then go get chris, than go to norman.

if we cant leave until 4:30 then we may not get tehre until 5:30 or later depending on traffic. but whatever.
such is the responsibility of having a car.

also to whom it may concern, i got an ipod cable thing again, so bring something with a headphone jack that plays music.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
lol I hate Dreamland AND YET I was marth as well*...
*possible john

But yeah, I have gotten better, it's just you guys have gotten a lot better.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah, good games dudes.

I think my Falcon's improved since San Antonio. In fact, I think it's playing better now that I realized why I was getting ***** left and right. But yeah, good matches to pretty much everyone I played. Outlaw's gotten better, Bryan has the most random f-smashes at times, Andy we didn't get to play at all, and Chris is still a scrub.

Next time more people have to come. I want to play all of Oklahoma before Brawl comes out >_> AND WTF PO? What happened to "10:30?"

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I saw yall thread title!!!!!

So you really enjoyed the houston crew????? TGM is happy!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
BOO!

Houston is easily the worst city in all of America. Houstonians are great people (much love after Katrina) but Houston sucks yo.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone thanks for coming. Like I said, I hope I can host another one of these things soon. What should I do to make the fest better, besides having gummy bears?
I don't like to tell people to be quiet, but if we want to keep having smashfests at my house, I am pretty sure my parents will want sleep. I don't want them to not let you guys come because they are tired and want sleep but think they won't get any with you there.
Heath I am glad you actually showed up...if you read this then yay. Andy, starcraft.

Gravity

Smash Ace
hey brett. okay, ill play another game of starcraft after school i guess.

its still so much crap to keep track of, but ill try.

actually, i tihnk im gonna take a nap after school. but ill try to play again either today or tomorrow

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Sorry boys, the Pimpest tried to make it, but I was just too tired from work...
My apologizes, because I really wanted to play everyone a few more times before Brawl comes out.

Maybe next time... Oh yeah, new avatar! Loves the Toon Link!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
BOO!

Houston is easily the worst city in all of America. Houstonians are great people (much love after Katrina) but Houston sucks yo.
houston is 2nd best city in TX. and if i recall, CF(from houston) DECIMATED anybody from OK that he played........BAM! BOOM! ZING!

but all in all, i am glad i saw shade and gavity and rasta and that huge f-ing black guy who ***** with white peach(kosy-mosy).

OK over all is one of my fav states( only cause of you guys)

Shade_

Smash Ace
Oh man, guys I am totally maining pit until I unlock wolf, or even after I unlock wolf!!! AH,! I saw a few videos of pit and he has the coolest projectile ever, he can shoot it fast, short hop lots of times while shooting it, AND HE CAN STEER IT!!!!! And shoot it straight up, then steer it some more!!! Ahh so I might never ever have to chase after my opponent much, I can't wait to use his attacks!!....sorry guys Im so hyped up, but wolf still looks cool, I'll use pit to unlock wolf and then main wolf, but pit will always be there for me to have some fun mess around matches.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Also, apparently there's a high-gravity mode in Brawl:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=143109
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141682

I'm sure I'll like Brawl the way it is, but I can see this mode being fun as well.

That's reassuring...
Not only will we have a new game, BUT we'll have a game mode similar to melee.
Sweet...

lol at Kuni and his spam,

btw I think we should start a team on gamebattles.com
its MLG's site and their bringing Brawl into the circuit,
What should we name the team?
I'm thinking Gummy bears FTW

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Oh man, guys I am totally maining pit until I unlock wolf, or even after I unlock wolf!!! AH,! I saw a few videos of pit and he has the coolest projectile ever, he can shoot it fast, short hop lots of times while shooting it, AND HE CAN STEER IT!!!!! And shoot it straight up, then steer it some more!!! Ahh so I might never ever have to chase after my opponent much, I can't wait to use his attacks!!....sorry guys Im so hyped up, but wolf still looks cool, I'll use pit to unlock wolf and then main wolf, but pit will always be there for me to have some fun mess around matches.
I believe I called this a page or two ago... GG Kevin, GG...

I'm still going to own all your faces with Dedede, however. Peguin with Hammer FTW!!

Oh, I also <3 Houston peeps. Very cool gents, and they have the most beastly Roy and Falcon players in the Souf...

Dove

Smash Cadet
i'm maining pit, too.
though i don't know if i wanna play gold or black pit...hmmmmmm

anyway, remember whenever dallas used to look down on us as if being better at smash was some validity for life worth? man, i wonder how they justify living now...who knows.
and i agree with sars, houston sucks. all my friends in houston generally concur so whatever. now austin...that's a city. :]

alright, back to homework, see you guys in a month!

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
.....did i just see po use a <3.....?? wow pimpus lol j/k...as for austin... tis a great city but im gonna stick with OKC as better than all them. GT - gummy bears FTW dude lol ill be there on break so ill be goin to the pre-release tournys
And YEs my avatar is changed. i gotta rep the ICs because they are the dirtiest lil furball with Hammers!!!! "_"

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Quake, *****es! For I am... MARTH VADER.

Dove, who exactly are you? Are you someone who changed his name, or someone whom I am forgetting? Either way, I'm drawing a blank -_-

Houston Smashers are pretty awesome.

And lol, Po did indeed call that exact event... I even rubbed it in Kevin's face :p

GameBattles sounds cool, but... I don't think "Gummy Bears FTW" is what most of us would have in mind for a team name -_-;

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Or we could have houston set one up called "TGM Combo FTW"
And we'd make one called "TGM combo sucks"
idk sounds a lil corny

What should we be named then?

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Me, Personally? I dont like Texas, but the Houston Crew are the coolest mother ****ers in the entire state!

Hehe, I love being able to edit the title page.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Yeah, Babac, I'm down with the whole "Oklahoma is too good" thing, but to be fair, Chris strung together a three-downsmash combo on SideEffect in this match.

Peach players generally downsmash a lot :ohwell:

Top Bottom