• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yeah, Babac, I'm down with the whole "Oklahoma is too good" thing, but to be fair, Chris strung together a three-downsmash combo on SideEffect in this match.

Peach players generally downsmash a lot :ohwell:
Not if they play Brawl... ;)

Seriously though... Babac, as much as we all LOVE DoH, I don't think the current topic title is exactly fair or nice, however hilarious an in-joke it may be.

Sooo, anyone got any plans to get together on the Ninth of March? A Brawl release party sounds like just the ticket we need to put a smile on all our faces...

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
It's not fair or nice...it's just sad that I can apparently beat your state with like...one move, according to Babac.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
It's not fair or nice...it's just sad that I can apparently beat your state with like...one move, according to Babac.
Hahahaha, ****, if I could beat an entire state with one move, you bet your *** I would do it too. DoH is being nice about it, I would brag and rub it in their faces.

Come on guys, its just a game, calm down. Landon isnt mad, you guys shouldnt be either. *Sigh* But if you insist on me changing the name, then I will.

DoH, I want you to know I didnt back out of our MM, atleast not intentionally. A few days before the bank took $120 out of my mom's account in which she took the $150 that she owed me (Long story, but I ****ed up a couple years ago). That was the money I was counting on for texas, but it was gone. I was going to go because I, literally, had no money what-so-ever. Kosmos, being the ***** that he is, comes to my house and hands me $20 telling me that Im going. I went to TX with $20 in my pocket, and by the time Blue Zaft asked about our MM, I only had $5 left, which I MM'ed him and he kicked my sheiks ***. Probably should have went pikachu or GaW, would have been more fun. Winning wasnt anything for me during that tournament, however I wish I could have played you more. Kosmos is a ***** and only plays matches he likes, he never plays Jiggs v Peach unless I make him, thats my personal favorite. Anyway, Id still like to do that MM with you just because its a fun match up. If Chris cant beat you, no reason I should be able to and I already knew that before I played you. Im actually disappointed at chris's performance that tournament considering it was his last tournament...black people.

Anyway, just saying DoH, you not as bad as I thought you were, youve actually got respect from me, not that you wanted nor needed it. Just because you were a good sport about it. Now am I going to change my sig? Pfft, no, that sparks rivalries, but rivals arent always bad.

I look forward to playing you guys again.

Oh, and Im changing the title because OK is full of whiney *****es.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Oklahoma's a state filled with love.

Nobody's beefing with anyone, and everything said is all in good fun :p

Part of what makes smash so great is the cool community we've got. If we said all this in person, I doubt anyone would be pissed off or anything. And I don't think anyone else here wants to piss people off, eh?

<3

thechubbss12

Smash Cadet
I love everyone..... So anyone got anything planned for the day of the Brawl Release?.... I would offer my house as a venue.. but im sure it will be WAY to small as usual.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
hmm.....the noob injun finally posts...well ill be down there for break when brawl comes out so im stoked bout that...i think GT and thechubbss owes me a couple MMs...plus i would really like to meet these new OK smashers...they seem intense...
as for brawl. i think its awesome that they final incorporated the mario bros. stage into smash. in looks fun for those with mallets ICs and Dedede...idk im in school and bored as hell so im watchin smash vids and postin left and right lol
btw GT, how bout for a name we use "dnt give OK smashers quarters...for we will take over your quarter machine in your local convinient store" lol

swift

Smash Journeyman
now now DoH. Houston is better than dallas. And if you can handle that.............CREW BATTLE!!!
our Dallas crew is way better then the Houston crew. I remember the last time we faced, It was me, LG, Bluezaft, and Doh. WE lost to Xelics Crew by one stock, and we are not even the best in Dallas. Could you imagine having Wobbles, Drew, Doh, Chang. They would win against the Houston crew.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
So anyone got anything planned for the day of the Brawl Release?.... I would offer my house as a venue.. but im sure it will be WAY to small as usual.
Yeah, I remeber one time we had about three setups in your kitchen and something like 5 in your living room.
lol cramped
I think brett's would be a great place to hold a brawlease (see what I did there? nlol) party
His house is huge

i think GT and thechubbss owes me a couple MMs...
btw GT, how bout for a name we use "dnt give OK smashers quarters...for we will take over your quarter machine in your local convinient store" lol
I might owe you a MM, we should get them taken care of.
Maybe something shorter like
"OK Quarter Gambling" possibly with an "FTW" in it...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
our Dallas crew is way better then the Houston crew. I remember the last time we faced, It was me, LG, Bluezaft, and Doh. WE lost to Xelics Crew by one stock, and we are not even the best in Dallas. Could you imagine having Wobbles, Drew, Doh, Chang. They would win against the Houston crew.
CF alone can beat evyone on that team except for wobbs. sideEffect, Seth and me could wipe him out.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
No better place to have a Houston vs. Dallas debate than right here in the Oklahoma thread.

TGM has the right idea about ZSS, she looks gooooood.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Gotta get to 9000 some how bluezaft.

Everybody here loves the Texas smashers, the state sucks in my opinion.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Ummm...you realize that in a crew battle, even if one person can take out the others it doesn't matter because their stock resets?

And roy and I go pretty even, and when things are on the line I do my chain throws and gimpy edgeguards that I don't do in friendlies. Add in the fact that we can gay counterpick in crews, and the outcome isn't in your favor.

Babac: I knew you didn't have a lot of money and that's why I didn't ask/let Chris money match you, in addition to the fact that we played in pools and I felt I didn't have anything left to prove.

I just think sigs should be factual. Like this.

---
I once 3 stocked TGM on his counterpick of Onnett.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Stupid title . . .

Took me forever to find the thread. And I for one would love to stir the pot even more so I shall go on to say that Texas sucks in hopes of seeing it implode upon itself :)

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Lol.

Wait, Babac... you put "Lear" when it should be "Laer" and you put "Dearht" when it should be "Daerht."

Once upon a time and a very good time it was there was a moocow coming down along the road and this moocow that was coming down along the road met a nicens little boy named baby tuckoo...

Never read that book. It's boring as hell. Never peach on a fellow, either.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Once upon a time and a very good time it was there was a moocow coming down along the road and this moocow that was coming down along the road met a nicens little boy named baby tuckoo...
Uber lol moocow
Yeah if I end up having to read that book I may have to murder someone.
And I agree with billy about the brawlfest...

Gravity

Smash Ace
so texas (drivers) suck. can i has flaem war now?

anyway, yep. im (probably) open for friday if anyone is interested in smashing.

in other news, i found a guy at school who used to play smash, he says he knew tournament techniques and uesed peach, and wants to fight. he plays even more games than me though so i doubt hell turn into a smasher, hes addicted to GH and GoW.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Man, the Brawl soundtrack is so awesome. It has 289 BGMs. Two-hundred and eighty-****ing-nine BGMs! That's crazy! My only disappointment is that there are only six tracks from the Mother series, which I think has some of the best music of any Nintendo series. Plus, the Giygas battle music would have been ****ing badass, especially a medley of all the stages of the fight. It's got some really awesome stuff otherwise, though.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Hey foo's... I know I've been kinda inactive on the Smash front (Sorry, Chris), but work has been really grinding on me.

However, with all of this downtime, I've managed to find a small, but growing group of OKies on Gamefaqs(lol, I know) that are trying to put together a Wi-Fi circle for Brawl.

The topic is here: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=41301077

It's not a clan, or any of that nonsense, just a bunch of guys trying to establish a strong local scene for Wi-Fi Brawls. I told them about our little rag-tag bunch, and they seem interested. Pop in, pass along your FC's to Syllabik(I think that's his SN), and let's welcome these newcomers into OK Smash!

Let's show them how we GET BIG in Oklahoma! Yeah, you know, MARIO BIG!!

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
all i gotta say is that i am down in OK for the 7th 8th and 9th....we all need to get together (i vote sids) reason being?
A: because not all have been to sids andsids house in one of a kind and no sid if u ever ****in get on here u cant say no or probably not. it wasalmost my house so that officially allows me to take over when needed. when needed u ask?
A: yes. when needed. NOW
-texas sucks...
what was that^?
Brian is right as usual. and can i not hear who chris beat anymore? just say gaypeach won....AGAIN lol j/k
so ya im gonna be down for the release alongwith all the tournys around the metro.
btw can someone finda vid of rob fighting. i seem to be experiencing windows 98....lol

invertedkaos

Smash Cadet
Since my last post was pretty much glazed over, I ask again, what is the point of this thread?

I do live in Oklahoma and would be interested in getting involved with some gaming if anyone is kind enough to adopt an old veteran into the fold.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Actualy, i challenged him to a crew battle but he hasnt responded. Houstons best player beat the top 10 in texas. some of them were 4 stocks. smiles,caveman to name a few. So combine that with me and my 4 pals.........yea, their dead.

WHEREs SHADE!?!??!?!? I love that guy!!!!!

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Oh my god.

I just realized why there's such bonding between Oklahoma and Houston.

Both of them have one good player that does well in tournaments and the rest of the region just tags along on their nuts for the ride!

Dove

Smash Cadet
Oh my god.

I just realized why there's such bonding between Oklahoma and Houston.

Both of them have one good player that does well in tournaments and the rest of the region just tags along on their nuts for the ride!
yeah i really suck >.>;
i won't start naming any of my victories...

alrighty, so getting to the point, can a certain couple of texans stop subtley trying to prove themselves in the oklahoma thread? no one here cares. kthxbye.

p.s. - ill be home in 3 weeks :o who wants to play me that week?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
<----sexybeast

And let them fight Alex. I kinda enjoy reading it lol It adds variety to the "WOMFG BRAWL?!?!" posts and the occasional "lol Shade!" posts.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Since my last post was pretty much glazed over, I ask again, what is the point of this thread?

I do live in Oklahoma and would be interested in getting involved with some gaming if anyone is kind enough to adopt an old veteran into the fold.
Supposedly this is Oklahoma's general purpose smash thread, where we just keep-in-touch with local players and occasionally plan events. Though, most of the time this thread is like this, so posts can easily be overlooked.

I don't know of any get-togethers coming up soon, but they are usually held in North OKC, Moore, and Norman.

invertedkaos

Smash Cadet
Supposedly this is Oklahoma's general purpose smash thread, where we just keep-in-touch with local players and occasionally plan events. Though, most of the time this thread is like this, so posts can easily be overlooked.

I don't know of any get-togethers coming up soon, but they are usually held in North OKC, Moore, and Norman.
Thank you much! :bee:

I'll have to keep up to date with it and maybe I can meet up with some peeps sometime. Fun had by all.

Top Bottom