• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
RENO and KOSMOS better be coming to KC or else...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11elevenoneonehundredeleven

Gravity

Smash Ace

Whats this? Looks like samus still has a godly spot dodge. Ike is about to get down smashed!

also, does ikes inclusion in the game raise or lower the chances of marth returning? hopefully lowers. looks like hes a marth replacement to me. somewhere halfway between marth and roy

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Nah, they won't get rid of Marth. He's the original Fire Emblem lead... It would be like replacing Mario with Wario or something. Marth and his Falchion ain't going nowhere(sadly)... Besides, Marth's Falchion is the FE Icon in the Smash Universe...

Ike does look totally boss, though. I can see I'm going to have a hard time deciding who to play as besides my precious Luigi...

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
Oh, sorry. I sincerely want to apologize then. It's just the way it looks, and you really can't tell sarcasm on a post unless there's some noticable sign. I'm so sorry...

South_Paw

Smash Ace
YES!!! IKE!!! BYE BYE MARTH!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

now all we need is daisy to come in and be bottom tier so they can take her b*thc *ss sister out!!

So yeah, i might be at ohsnap... not sure yet...

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Ike seems pretty cool, though truthfully just another target to get knee capped in the face :p Can't wait to see TP Ganon with his own movesets! (and the cornrows!)

Dooooood, Brandon, get on AIM!

KOS-MOS said:
I hate Arizona, it's too dry, crusty, and full of rock golems
I completely agree.

Edit: I'd like to mention to MGC winners to check their e-mails for confirmation info.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
looks like hes a marth replacement to me. somewhere halfway between marth and roy
I don't know about replacement, but he's gonna be one for me,
All the speed of marth and tip with the power of roy's fire...
On second thought I'll make him my secondary if Marth's in brawl.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
A new challenger approaches:

ZINTH
LOL!

YES!!! IKE!!! BYE BYE MARTH!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

now all we need is daisy to come in and be bottom tier so they can take her b*thc *ss sister out!!

So yeah, i might be at ohsnap... not sure yet...
Lol, not necessarily. I think they're aiming for more overall characters. Like, if they put in Daisy, they'd still keep Peach. And johnz.

Brandon brings up a good point. Marth is the original FE lead, is the only FE character to have been featured in more than one FE game (though apparently the FE game for Wii features characters that were in the GC FE), his sword is the FE logo in Smash, had an anime adaptation made of the games he was in, was only kept in the American version of the game because the testers thought he was cool, was used by Ken, and was included in the Japanese game due to popular demand, a demand which I expect will remain consistent. If they removed any of the previous FE characters, it would be Roy, because Roy was actually in SSBM before his FE game was released in order to promote the game itself, and Ike seems more similar to Roy (Sakurai hints that his special move "Aether" can finish an enemy in a single attack; sounds like Roy's Flare Blade) . However, I think it would be cool if they didn't remove any FE characters and just increased the overall FE roster. Personally, though, I think that they'll only make the lead FE characters playable and make the others into assist trophies.

Also, you all seem to be assuming that if Marth is going to be in Brawl he would be as good as he was in Melee, and also that Ike won't be as good as Marth was in Melee.

Anyway, Ike is pretty cool, and I like that they announced another newcomer, though I still like Marth more.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Marth is the only FE character to have been featured in more than one FE game
Technically, Roy was in 2 games...

If they removed any of the previous FE characters, it would be Roy, because Roy was actually in SSBM before his FE game was released in order to promote the game itself.
Yeah, but roy has T3h PhYR3...

Anyways, Ike kicks ***, and he doesn't look like a woman.

Gravity

Smash Ace
im more excited than samus's spot dodge then ike. that spot dodge looked like she barely moved to dodge it, which means it will be fast. hopefully even faster then it already is.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but I said two FE (Fire Emblem) games. GG :p
But that's what I meant...
In the game that stars Eliwood, Roy's Fahjha, Roy appeared at the end, Blazing Sword
And then he had his own game, Sword of Seals

Even though it wasn't his game, he was still in it, if only for a second

Now starring in games, yes Marth is the only one to star in two...

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
But that's what I meant...
In the game that stars Eliwood, Roy's Fahjha, Roy appeared at the end, Blazing Sword
And then he had his own game, Sword of Seals

Oh, when Roy appears as a baby? I suppose on a strictly technical level you're right (though then again, can Roy only appearing at the end of the game as a baby be considered as being "featured"? Doesn't seem important enough to say the game "featured" him, when looking at the dictionary's respective definition for this use of "feature", but I suppose that's a bit subjective), but the people on Wikipedia apparently don't count that.

I suppose I should have said stars in more than one FE game.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
im more excited than samus's spot dodge then ike. that spot dodge looked like she barely moved to dodge it, which means it will be fast. hopefully even faster then it already is.
the hell with samus, i'm waiting for snake.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Lol @ Andy :laugh:

Anyway, I will say that I like how Ike's blade glows like that. I wonder if he'll set his opponents on 'light' (as opposed to fire or darkness) when he hits them with it.

Anyway, out of the characters they've revealed, my top three characters would probably be Ike, Meta Knight, and Pit.

alphaqup

Smash Cadet
RENO and KOSMOS better be coming to KC or else...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11elevenoneonehundredeleven
I second this

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Anyway, I take the driving test tomorrow. My parents and the guy I took a private lesson with both think I'll pass, so hopefully tomorrow will be the day that I finally get my license.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
anytime i put something i don't want to type again into this message box, SWF decides to pull an IE mishap and it doesn't post. wtf...

anyway, everyone go vote for the SWF t-shirt.

because "mindgames, son" is winning. and that's ****ing ********.
i refuse to wear a shirt that has an appositive on it, much less something so stupid.

vote for "don't get hit"...or best yet,
"SWF: living life, four at a time" (the only witty one, and the only original one. imagine that)

so yeah...just sayin'

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
You guys better vote well for the Tshirt tagline. I am designing the shirt.Choose well!

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
anytime i put something i don't want to type again into this message box, SWF decides to pull an IE mishap and it doesn't post. wtf...

anyway, everyone go vote for the SWF t-shirt.

because "mindgames, son" is winning. and that's ****ing ********.
i refuse to wear a shirt that has an appositive on it, much less something so stupid.

vote for "don't get hit"...or best yet,
"SWF: living life, four at a time" (the only witty one, and the only original one. imagine that)

so yeah...just sayin'
i just voted for SWF: living life, four at a time. I agree, "mindgames, son" is one of the worst on that list. Maybe if it were just "Mindgames."

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
I just picked the 4 at a time slogan. I really like it.

My top 3 for known brawl chtr's in random order:

Fox
Ike
Meta knight

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Awkward... how?
I think you should go to OHSNAP3 so everyone can give you a proper goodbye,
You know like we did for coty except it'll be at OHSNAP...

She packed my bags...
Last night, PRE FLIGHT.
Zero hour
9 am
And I think I'm gonna be, hiiigh...
as a kite, by then.
And I think it's gonna be a long long time,
Till touchdown brings me round again to find,
I'm not the man they think I am at home,
Oh no, no no
I'm a Brack-et Man...
Bracket Man, burning out his fuse out here alone...
sigh, i lied. since i'll be at OHSNAP3 i might as well do brackets. it's a burden, and i hate it, but i'd feel like an ******* if i showed up at ohsnap3 and did doubles, and maybe even singles, and didn't do brackets. so, if someone still wants to volunteer, i'd rather not do them, but if no one will do it, i'll go ahead and do them.

also, no goodbyes for me please. none of that gay **** we've done for coty o.0

Gravity

Smash Ace
i think babac was somewhat excited about doing brackets on his palm pilot he stol...ER..."realized he had"

yeah, thats what he said.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
sweet, sounds like i don't have to do **** this year but kick some ***.

rasta better place scud and i well, we're the...1st or 2nd best team in ok (1st if coty doesn't show up, because chris+not coty we can beat XD)

Gravity

Smash Ace
you obviously underestimate me and my teammate.
we are no doubt the best.

the only way to solve this is a 2v2 g&w ditto.

Gravity

Smash Ace
he or she says its a secret.

that also means that anyone that knows isnt allowed to tell anyone who doesnt know.

even though its not a secret really...

also, we not only rock with g&w, but we rock AT g&w. hell yeah.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
sweet, sounds like i don't have to do **** this year but kick some ***.

rasta better place scud and i well, we're the...1st or 2nd best team in ok (1st if coty doesn't show up, because chris+not coty we can beat XD)
You wanna bet on that Alex? ;)

Top Bottom