• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Hey, the third and fourth pics are from when we faced DBR in the Crews!
Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see too many of the big names at OHSNAP3. I talked to Forward and he's pretty much retired as of now. He even gave his controller to Bombsoldier...

Everyone else is either too burnt out/tired or lives too far away to spend the money to come. I did get pretty much 100% confirmation from KrazyKirbyKid and his bro, though, so we know most of Dallas will be making a return. I'm hoping Chris and Coty can convince Tony and hopefully Omar to come while they're in AZ...

Sorry, but I think everyone was just too focused on OC3 and the events surrounding it have left a lot of Smashers wary and drained. I, on the other hand, feel quite rejuvenated after seeing all the old/new faces, and witnessing what was probably the last time all the titans of Smash get together and play. I have quite a few thoughts circling in my head right now, and I think I want to do/say something on the current state of things.

Maybe I'll go make a post in Melee Discussion later...

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Haha, I thought those pics were of your crew battle vs. DBR. Btw, is that girl in the pink Zelgadis's girlfriend?

Wow, Forward is retiring? Everything else is understandable, I should have foreseen it anyway. Oh well. Good to hear about the Terrells (KirbyKid and his bro), and good to hear that Taj and Omar are still potentials.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
We are back. Chris and coty wont be back for another week.

We all had a good time, the matches were so fun, learned A LOT. Its crazy how good you get after tournys like these.

Also, whos going to that kansas tourny in august?
brett and i are going. so there. we're also going to win money in teams. so take that.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I might be able to go to the Kansas tournament if I can get a ride. I'm going to be going OOS anyway come the MGC championships, so perhaps my parents would let me get used to it here. I'd certainly like to go.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Hey, who REALLY going to that Kansas tourney? Because I wanna go, but I don't have a ride.
If anyone can fit me into their car, I'll help with gas ans shiz. Of course, who WOULDN'T want the Pimpest Luigi to ride with them? That would be like kicking Jesus out of the car or something...

So, who wants to help Po go?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Hey guys. The reason us "PV Kids" haven't been around is because Dylan never gets on anymore and my house got hit by lightning, so I didn't have a computer or internet. I think all of us down here in Pauls Valley are done with Melee because we are waiting on Brawl, so don't expect to see us any time soon. At least that is what I understand, unless we all somehow magically get a huge craving for Melee, or you guys convince us not to quit, we are done. :(
Don't do it! Seriously, at least come to OHSNAP3.

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
Hey everybody! what all did I miss so far? I just found this thread so... yeah, but anyway how did OC3 go?

Yeah I had to make a new account because I can't remember the password to the other one and I can't get to my e-mail for some reason. Oh well, new start all around!

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Hey everybody! what all did I miss so far? I just found this thread so... yeah, but anyway how did OC3 go?

Yeah I had to make a new account because I can't remember the password to the other one and I can't get to my e-mail for some reason. Oh well, new start all around!
OHSNAP3 is August 11th. Be there.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Yeah, the vids do take a long time to load, so long that I decided that the rest of them aren't worth watching. I found the wait worth it to see Chris **** some random guy, though :chuckle:

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
gt that video is like 3 years old by now >.>;
and thanks for the link zinth. the site sucks in terms of speed but i'll wait it out to see how much better chris is than me by now XD

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
gt that video is like 3 years old by now >.>;
I don't care, it's still funny... :p
Anyways, I only watched the first round, can you say ****?
Who'd have thought that a 110 lb ***** could **** a 200 lb Wizard King?
I suppose it has something to do with her buns o' flint
And ganon's lack of speed 73H KN33!!!1!1112!3!!!

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Hello!

My name is Zig Zag, and I am from St.Louis. I am staying with a friend who lives in Broken Arrow for a few days. I was wondering if you guys wanted to play smash, or if there were any tournies this weekend. Please respond with your finest posts!

-Zig

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Hello!

My name is Zig Zag, and I am from St.Louis. I am staying with a friend who lives in Broken Arrow for a few days. I was wondering if you guys wanted to play smash, or if there were any tournies this weekend. Please respond with your finest posts!

-Zig
Actually, we do have a tournament this weekend. It's not a traditional tournament with entree fees and prizes, but a lot of us will be there to Smash. Here's a thread. While this tournament is, until further notice, planned to be held on Sunday, we're trying to get Chubbs to move it to Saturday, since some of us cannot make it on Sunday.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Yo boysssss. I hope to see you guys soon either at the monthly thingy or at ohsnap 3. So yea I picked up Jiggly a bit now...idk if I'll ever actually use her in a tourney or whatever but I like her. So I play falco, captain falcon, fox, and jigglypuff. So who all is going to the kansas tourney?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Yo boysssss. I hope to see you guys soon either at the monthly thingy or at ohsnap 3. So yea I picked up Jiggly a bit now...idk if I'll ever actually use her in a tourney or whatever but I like her. So I play falco, captain falcon, fox, and jigglypuff. So who all is going to the kansas tourney?
It's actually looking like I'll be able to go to the Kansas tournament :o Incidentally, it'd involve me getting a ride with you and Alex, if that'll work.

:lick:

Anyway, I'm thinking that I should pick up Captain Falcon. I like characters who are good at comboing, and Captain Falcon is pretty much the living embodiment of a combo.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Oklahoma City is apparently an hour and a half from where I am right now (20 minutes from Tulsa).

I would still go to whatever this tourny was, but I dont think I could make it if there wasnt even any prize whatsoever.

Are there any smashers near tulsa?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
zig-zag: unfortunately the event is in moore this sunday, even further from tulsa than OKC :\
and most smashers live in okc metro or SW...poop

also, Po/Bryan: if you guys need a ride to the KC tourny, you can get one with scud and i :D
the only thing is pitching in a little for gas.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Oklahoma City is apparently an hour and a half from where I am right now (20 minutes from Tulsa).

I would still go to whatever this tourny was, but I dont think I could make it if there wasnt even any prize whatsoever.

Are there any smashers near tulsa?
Bahh, this makes me want to convince everyone to make this tournament have an entry fee :urg: I heard about you among other "Pika Pros" when I first started researching who to watch to get an idea of how to play Pikachu when I decided that I was using him as my low-tier. There are some players around Tulsa, but pretty much none of them post here, and most of them have only just moved on to Melee from 64.

Also, Alex: Sounds good. I haven't gotten a real official Oklahoma confirmation (lawlz) from my parents, but so far it sounds like I'm gonna be able to go :D And yeah, I can pitch in some for gas.

Gravity

Smash Ace
dude when you italicize :\ it loses its meaning...see::\

also, people are sofa king we todd ed that i want to kill myself at work.

girl: "So, like, the like, number 13, it says its like a frankfurter?
*10 second pause*
"Like, whats a frankfurter?"
me: "Its a hot dog."
*5 second pause*
girl: "So its, like, just like a hot dog?
*I count to 10*
me: "yes"
girl: "Well, like, I dont want it then."
*15 second pause*
"Does the bacon cheeseburger, like, have a burger on it, or is it like, just like, bacon and cheese?"
*I die on the inside*
me: "Yes it has a burger on it"

no im not joking, this happened, almost word for word.
it actually went on for a bit but it wasnt as bad...

it reminds me of that movie idiocracy.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman

*10 second pause*
*5 second pause*
*I count to 10*
*15 second pause*
"Does the bacon cheeseburger, like, have a burger on it, or is it like, just like, bacon and cheese?"
*I die on the inside*

LMAO, too good!:laugh:

Omega_Star

Smash Lord

*10 second pause*
*5 second pause*
*I count to 10*
*15 second pause*
*I die on the inside*

Lol, I hate people so much.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Well, I am a "pika pro"!

I actually just got done going to wisconsin and playing in a couple tournies there. Now Im in oklahoma (to see the flaming lips last night, admitedly), and was wondering how this town shaped up. I might visit oklahoma city at some point, but Im not sure. If there was a for real tourny on sunday with more than like three people, I would still consider going. Especially since I need the practice for the upcoming midwest circuit tourny in St.Louis.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Well, I am a "pika pro"!

I actually just got done going to wisconsin and playing in a couple tournies there. Now Im in oklahoma (to see the flaming lips last night, admitedly), and was wondering how this town shaped up. I might visit oklahoma city at some point, but Im not sure. If there was a for real tourny on sunday with more than like three people, I would still consider going. Especially since I need the practice for the upcoming midwest circuit tourny in St.Louis.
How long are you going to be in OK? You should definitely play KOS-MOS and South Paw; they're easily our two best, and met with some success at OC3, and may very well have reached a 'pro' skill level by now. I'd also like to play you as well to see how I stack up, since, while admittedly I'm not at the level that KOS-MOS and South Paw are at, I'm no pushover either ;)

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
How long are you going to be in OK? You should definitely play KOS-MOS and South Paw; they're easily our two best, and met with some success at OC3, and may very well have reached a 'pro' skill level by now. I'd also like to play you as well to see how I stack up, since, while admittedly I'm not at the level that KOS-MOS and South Paw are at, I'm no pushover either ;)
Im in oklahoma until...tuesday or wednesday. Today is saturday, right? I think Im going to a concert tonight, but ideally wanted to see what was going down in OKC sunday if there was a tourny. Again, Im not sure if I can make it, but if there was a tourny with a relative turnout, I might be able to.

Afterall, I have to get back to st.louis somehow.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Im in oklahoma until...tuesday or wednesday. Today is saturday, right? I think Im going to a concert tonight, but ideally wanted to see what was going down in OKC sunday if there was a tourny. Again, Im not sure if I can make it, but if there was a tourny with a relative turnout, I might be able to.

Afterall, I have to get back to st.louis somehow.
Aw, that's too bad. Our marquee tourney, OHSNAP3, isn't until Aug. 11... Well, maybe we'll meet somewhere down the line.

Top Bottom