• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

jacob91

Smash Cadet
My cousin and I are in Oklahoma and need directions to the tourney. We're in Moore btw. Not too down with an entrance fee but if there has to be one then oh well as long as it's not too high..

Hazygoose

Smash Lord

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
dude when you italicize :\ it loses its meaning...see::\

also, people are sofa king we todd ed that i want to kill myself at work.

girl: "So, like, the like, number 13, it says its like a frankfurter?
*10 second pause*
"Like, whats a frankfurter?"
me: "Its a hot dog."
*5 second pause*
girl: "So its, like, just like a hot dog?
*I count to 10*
me: "yes"
girl: "Well, like, I dont want it then."
*15 second pause*
"Does the bacon cheeseburger, like, have a burger on it, or is it like, just like, bacon and cheese?"
*I die on the inside*
me: "Yes it has a burger on it"

no im not joking, this happened, almost word for word.
it actually went on for a bit but it wasnt as bad...

it reminds me of that movie idiocracy.

One of the many reasons why i don't want to work in fast food.

Idiocracy FTW!

nopants

Smash Apprentice
I hate to ring the bad news bell but I've got, well, bad news. My sister is going to be staying at home the exact weekend of the tourney, bringing the number of people who can lodge with me down to a measly two. I'm really sorry, but the mayor (my dad, it's a metaphor) decided to lay down the law here.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I hate to ring the bad news bell but I've got, well, bad news. My sister is going to be staying at home the exact weekend of the tourney, bringing the number of people who can lodge with me down to a measly two. I'm really sorry, but the mayor (my dad, it's a metaphor) decided to lay down the law here.
Wow, what a horrible coincidence. **** you, Murphy's Law. Anyway, I posted in the Event 52 thread for possible housing in KC, so Alex/Brett, I assume you wouldn't mind relocating if we are provided said housing? Cause I really don't want to miss out on the first OOS tourney that I've been allowed to go to :(

<3?

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Well, you have one less to worry about in that regard...

Alas, as has become somewhat of a tradition in the last couple of years, Po can't go to a **** tournament because of work. I've got half a mind to just go anyway and say **** it, but unfortunately, I NEED the money for a new car, so that I may be able to transport myself to future tournaments, and cars cost more money for upkeep, requiring that I work, meaning I can't Smash...

And thus the vicious cycle repeats... I wonder just how badass I would be if I didn't have to work all the **** time...

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Mithos and Haku are riding up with me to OHSNAP3 unless things change. They are about 90% sure that they can make it :). By the way just a heads up. I start college at UCO August the 20th so I'll be with the Edmond peeps for awhile.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Awesome. It'll be great to get all the old gang in the room for Melee's last stand in Oklahoma. Should be excellent.

So, Chris... I wonder what kinds of tricks and skills you picked up since I left you and Coty in California... I just hope you haven't gone too Beast Mode for me to keep up ^_^

Gravity

Smash Ace
cool, chris, edmond( or atleast I) will welcome you or something.

also, if a lemon touches an open would on your body, it stings like ****.

and today i learned that oranges sting as well. it was a great time.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
cool, chris, edmond( or atleast I) will welcome you or something.

also, if a lemon touches an open would on your body, it stings like ****.

and today i learned that oranges sting as well. it was a great time.
it does sting, but any kind of spicy pepper counteracts it and makes the stinging go away. Salt works pretty well too.

DID YOU KNOW: Bears are afraid of the color orange.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i just discussed lemons in wounds with brett at dinner...how about that.

anywho, bryan, we were thinking about le housing situation and we think we're going to stay in wichita. that sucks because it means we can't give you a ride to the tournament :\

at first i thought, "well we can drop bryan off and come back," but then i mapquested it and found out KC is 3 hours from wichita. that's like if we drove you to dallas and back for no reason. we were thinking of changing housing to KC but that is almost 6 hours away from here, and brett is in no move to drive 6 hours twice, he'd rather it be split up.

especially considering i have a plane flight at 10:25am in the morning on sunday, meaning we have to leave wichita before 7:00am. if we were in KS, we'd have to leave before 4am o.0
that's far to early to be driving.

i hope you can find another ride, it'd suck for you not to be able to go. unforunate change of plans. :(

edit: of course if you could find someone to drive you from wichita to ks we could drive you there. no idea how you would get back, though :\

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
i just discussed lemons in wounds with brett at dinner...how about that.

anywho, bryan, we were thinking about le housing situation and we think we're going to stay in wichita. that sucks because it means we can't give you a ride to the tournament :\

at first i thought, "well we can drop bryan off and come back," but then i mapquested it and found out KC is 3 hours from wichita. that's like if we drove you to dallas and back for no reason. we were thinking of changing housing to KC but that is almost 6 hours away from here, and brett is in no move to drive 6 hours twice, he'd rather it be split up.

especially considering i have a plane flight at 10:25am in the morning on sunday, meaning we have to leave wichita before 7:00am. if we were in KS, we'd have to leave before 4am o.0
that's far to early to be driving.

i hope you can find another ride, it'd suck for you not to be able to go. unforunate change of plans. :(

edit: of course if you could find someone to drive you from wichita to ks we could drive you there. no idea how you would get back, though :\
Well, what if we either a) found someone in Wichita who could house all three of us or b) you two could stay with Nopants and then someone else in Wichita could house me both ways, and then we'd probably be able to meet up in the morning?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
that makes sense except the wichita kids are already trying to crack down on cars, to have as much space as possible driving from wichita to KC. there's 5 and they're aiming for 2 cars, including scud's, we'd also carry a setup.

i'm going to go ahead and say it's not looking likely for now, and to try and find a ride if you can just in case.
if there is room from wichita to KC AND someone can house you, obviously, though, we'll be able to accomodate. accomadate? spelling?

edit: talk rasta into going and taking you, that way we get more OK rep XD

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
that makes sense except the wichita kids are already trying to crack down on cars, to have as much space as possible driving from wichita to KC. there's 5 and they're aiming for 2 cars, including scud's, we'd also carry a setup.

i'm going to go ahead and say it's not looking likely for now, and to try and find a ride if you can just in case.
if there is room from wichita to KC AND someone can house you, obviously, though, we'll be able to accomodate. accomadate? spelling?

edit: talk rasta into going and taking you, that way we get more OK rep XD
I think I will try to find a ride, just in case and, if I'm successful, to eliminate any potential inconveniences. That being said...

Coty! Get your *** over here and take me to Kansas City! I know that you have money and that you don't understand the phrase "Smashed out" :p

Please? <3

Gravity

Smash Ace
i tihnk rasta is minus one car at the moment. and also, i cant take you. in case you were going to ask.

in other news, im incredibly bored.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
here's the deal:

so originally brett and i were going to go to KC and it'd be awesome. brett was saying he wanted someone else to come, though, so we tried heath. of course, that failed, and sigh. when bryan and po asked, brett said to invite, and so i did. even though i wasn't thrilled about more people, i thought it may be fun. unfortunately i realized, it won't be fun.

at the monthly, i got very tired and unsatisfied quickly. i feel like bryan takes the game too seriously, and more importantly, takes nothing else as seriously. enough forced gameplay made it not fun at all to play, which is obviously the only reason i play the game, and eventually i just started sandbagging the last couple people and matcehs i played because i was tired and wasn't having any fun. even when chubbs was asking people to leave, bryan was more intent on fitting matches in with brett and i than leaving the host's house. it felt like a weird sense of priorities.

now while it's not that bad and of course i don't hate bryan, it just made me think that a 6 hour trip to KC would definitely not be very fun. i've made a 3 hour trip to dallas with a couple people i disliked even less and was very pissed off and in a bad mood by the end of it. i didn't want to uninvite, specifically because if i said "bryan, i don't want to go on a trip with you," it'd make him feel hated and then i'd feel really awkward at OHSNAP3 because i would know bryan would think i wouldn't want him there or something. so i told scud and basically brett didn't want to lie about it but he didn't want me to tell the truth. obviously his solution was get the wichita people to lie! so i was going to ask them not to house zinth which sounded like a worse solution than my own but one brett and i both agreed on. nopants started to but he and the other wichita people have hearts and don't like lying to people, much like brett. while being pointed in directions of people to lie for me i've just concluded that it's enough and it's stupid and getting me nowhere. now the wichita people think i'm a douchebag, brett doesn't see why i don't want to go, and i feel ******** because this could have been avoided if i told brett i didn't want other people to come, particularly someone i wouldn't enjoy a two 6-hour trips with (which is more than just bryan, but yeah)

the only reason i posted this is so everyone in OK can know a few things:
1) i'm not going to KC so bryan can go with scud. this is because wichita thinks i'm a jerk and i feel bad because either bryan goes or i go, and i don't feel like single-handedly stopping bryan from going.
2) i won't be at OHSNAP3 since, truth told, i feel hella awkward in the OK smash scene. sorry i can't do brackets, babac; and sorry scud for not being able to team with you and win some money.

keep it cool, my oklahomies, i hope the smash scene keeps growing. wish me luck on the east coast.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
here's the deal:

so originally brett and i were going to go to KC and it'd be awesome. brett was saying he wanted someone else to come, though, so we tried heath. of course, that failed, and sigh. when bryan and po asked, brett said to invite, and so i did. even though i wasn't thrilled about more people, i thought it may be fun. unfortunately i realized, it won't be fun.

at the monthly, i got very tired and unsatisfied quickly. i feel like bryan takes the game too seriously, and more importantly, takes nothing else as seriously. enough forced gameplay made it not fun at all to play, which is obviously the only reason i play the game, and eventually i just started sandbagging the last couple people and matcehs i played because i was tired and wasn't having any fun. even when chubbs was asking people to leave, bryan was more intent on fitting matches in with brett and i than leaving the host's house. it felt like a weird sense of priorities.

now while it's not that bad and of course i don't hate bryan, it just made me think that a 6 hour trip to KC would definitely not be very fun. i've made a 3 hour trip to dallas with a couple people i disliked even less and was very pissed off and in a bad mood by the end of it. i didn't want to uninvite, specifically because if i said "bryan, i don't want to go on a trip with you," it'd make him feel hated and then i'd feel really awkward at OHSNAP3 because i would know bryan would think i wouldn't want him there or something. so i told scud and basically brett didn't want to lie about it but he didn't want me to tell the truth. obviously his solution was get the wichita people to lie! so i was going to ask them not to house zinth which sounded like a worse solution than my own but one brett and i both agreed on. nopants started to but he and the other wichita people have hearts and don't like lying to people, much like brett. while being pointed in directions of people to lie for me i've just concluded that it's enough and it's stupid and getting me nowhere. now the wichita people think i'm a douchebag, brett doesn't see why i don't want to go, and i feel ******** because this could have been avoided if i told brett i didn't want other people to come, particularly someone i wouldn't enjoy a two 6-hour trips with (which is more than just bryan, but yeah)

1) i'm not going to KC so bryan can go with scud. this is because wichita thinks i'm a jerk and i feel bad because either bryan goes or i go, and i don't feel like single-handedly stopping bryan from going.
2) i won't be at OHSNAP3 since, truth told, i feel hella awkward in the OK smash scene. sorry i can't do brackets, babac; and sorry scud for not being able to team with you and win some money.

keep it cool, my oklahomies, i hope the smash scene keeps growing. wish me luck on the east coast.
I don't really know what to say, except for ":(" (about you suddenly making yourself scarce and feeling awkward), and maybe that's a good thing, because I do tend to ramble...

Be sure to keep in touch, you're too cool to just stop talking to all of the sudden.

Good luck in the East Coast, though I doubt you need it. You do kind of put out more of an EC vibe than a South one... maybe it's because your name is blue and starts with a 'D', iono. And be sure to four-stock M2K, for all of Oklahoma!

Well, I would offer to do the brackets at OHSNAP3 in Alex's stead, but I'm sure that Coty would be more eager and do a better job of it. Plus, he has a laptop.

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
classic television plot: you dont want to hurt anyone so you tell a little lie then you have to make more lies to cover it up and eventually it gets so big you they either find out or you break and everyone learns a valuable lesson. I learned that i'll miss ya at ohsnap and good luck at whatever you do after this. I hope we can still be boxers buddies.

nopants

Smash Apprentice
I don't think you're a douchebag, and I really wish you would still come. One thing I don't get is why only one of you can go, though. I don't think any less of you, it was a hard decision and you made a poor choice, it's really nothing that's unfixable. Just get over it and play smash!

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman

Awkward... how?
I think you should go to OHSNAP3 so everyone can give you a proper goodbye,
You know like we did for coty except it'll be at OHSNAP...

She packed my bags...
Last night, PRE FLIGHT.
Zero hour
9 am
And I think I'm gonna be, hiiigh...
as a kite, by then.
And I think it's gonna be a long long time,
Till touchdown brings me round again to find,
I'm not the man they think I am at home,
Oh no, no no
I'm a Brack-et Man...
Bracket Man, burning out his fuse out here alone...

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
*space saver*
Firstly, i'm not saying it's NOT a little messed up, but i understand.

everyone at one time or another starts to regress and slowly stops going to smashfests and tournaments. If it gets too bad they stop posting and we start to lose contact. I like to call this being "smashed out". The game just isn't as fun anymore. It sucks that you won't be going to OHSNAP, and i hope you at least stay in contact with us. Who knows, maybe you'll get back into it when brawl comes out and visit sometime. Until then, peace out.

see that? I went an entire post without saying something goofy.

Gravity

Smash Ace
here's the deal:

i would really miss you if you didnt make it to ohsnap3, as cheesy as that sounds. i dont think any less of you, me and shade have done similar and worse stuff.

im not going to try to change your mind, im just saying that youve still got friends here, and doing brackets and competing arent the only reasons to come to ohsnap.

anyway, peace out, have fun with whatever you do on the east coast and dont get arrested, and drop us a post every know and then to let us know how its going.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I'd go to the Kansas tourny... but... need a ride >.>. Parents don't want me driving since I've been so exhausted lately(johns I know, but its the truth).

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
boxer buddies forever, craig. and i'll stop by ohsnap3 to say hi. i may even go to play teams with scud if i feel up to it (i get back from houston the day before and will be le tired).

thanks for not making me feel like **** though. my love goes out to oklahomies.
ahem...plutonic love, of course.

edit: i have to go to ohsnap3 anyway. i need my hundred bucks. :p

nopants

Smash Apprentice
boxer buddies forever, craig. and i'll stop by ohsnap3 to say hi. i may even go to play teams with scud if i feel up to it (i get back from houston the day before and will be le tired).

thanks for not making me feel like **** though. my love goes out to oklahomies.
ahem...plutonic love, of course.

edit: i have to go to ohsnap3 anyway. i need my hundred bucks. :p
I'm really glad you didn't mention me, because I'm really glad that you're not coming to Kansas City.

Also, The Big Cheese and kos-mos should come any way possible! I'm offering housing to any Oklahomans who want it!

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
I'm really glad you didn't mention me, because I'm really glad that you're not coming to Kansas City.
That was rude. Sure he messed up but that doesn't make it alright think of him as an ***hole or whatever. That's how you get people to think like I do.

Don't worry about things too much Dokkoise. We all still like you. :)

plasman

Smash Apprentice
So I don't know if I'll be able to go to OHSNAP3 now because apparently in the four days I missed at work it exploded. We lost three people and gained two new ones, another is lost to another store and the owner is basically there every day now. These changes translate into: The only way I'll make it is if I have that day off by default scheduling, not request. I was planning on probably just not really putting more effort into progress after OHSNAP3 so as to avoid a stale taste when Brawl comes out so I'm not quite sure how I feel about this :/ But in the meantime...hello (again) Ibuki and I-no :chuckle:

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
That same kind of crap happens where i work a lot, too, plasman. We get new people every month or two so there is always someone thats kind of bringing down the rest of us. I almost couldnt go to the tourny the 29th because of that.

Thinking about Brawl only makes me want to play Melee more, though :p

Scud

Smash Apprentice
yo chris.....I am pretty sure I can fit you in the car :). Things might be a little crowded now, but as long as people are willing to carry some stuff in their seats(besides me the driver :p), if we have to, then I think we can do it!

Top Bottom