• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Lol, I did see Darkrain vs Alex, it was pretty nasty.

Also, Babac, in response to your AIM message, Alex has a **** good Sheik. He knows pretty much all of her exploits. I don't really think that any of you have played Alex or Brett since Training Day.

Anyway, yeah, I could just wait for Brawl, but 1) I'm going to play in the MGC Championships on October 6th, 2) universal skills from Melee will almost undoubtedly transfer over to Brawl, and 3) I really don't do anything but play Smash.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Magnet Hands-$2 venue fee, then $10 to enter singles, $20 for doubles.

Bryan, Fair, Dthrow, Ftilt, whoopdie doo!

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
are ya'll meeting up today? i know this is last minute but j/w if i could join in. located s.okc
Mutha f***'n Chibi! I don't think anything is going down right now, and I have some things to take care of today as well :( Just hit me up on AIM whenever you want to game... Or when you have something going on over at SRK.

edit: If you don't have it already:

AIM: lostandconfuse01

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Bryan, Fair, Dthrow, Ftilt, whoopdie doo!
I don't understand what that was supposed to mean :ohwell: If you're inplying that I use those moves, well yeah, I already do, but Alex is just really good at out-timing me, and Marth vs. Sheik is a hard enough matchup as it is.

Basically, the moral of the story is... Sheik is gay.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i need to perfect when to CC, DI'ing against certain character's and each move, and no fear (after darkrain would miss a stomp i ran away instead of utilting or nairing out of shield)

my grab game is pretty ****ing sweet, though.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Bryan...

you and alex have similar experience... you play marth, he plays shiek... shiek wins

South Paw's rules of who will win: (In order)

1. Tournament experience
2. Character Matchup
3. Tech Skill/Mindgames
4. Tricksies/General game knowlege

um... other than that... i probably will not be going to ohsnap... but... i will be stopping in OKC (its on the way) to play for maybe a day (probably at chris's place, if he's willing) and give him le marth and le shiek practice... :-D

Actually... ill play anybody that wants it, lol...

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yo.

Coty, either you or Chris shoot me a holla when you guys get together, I'll TRY to come down. But, between work and car shopping(work is being particularly gay on my free time), I don't have much time.

Also, as far as all this arguing goes, I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it until you muthaf#$^%s get the message:

Texas keeps on ****** the hell out of us all... until one of you *****es wins a tournament against them, I don't want to hear **** about who's better than who, because WE ALL F$%^ING SUCK.

Although, on that note, I will say I predict some major upsets at OHSNAP3... Some of y'all ****** are gonna get your feelings hurt and your ***** *****... HARD.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
Coty, either you or Chris shoot me a holla when you guys get together, I'll TRY to come down. But, between work and car shopping(work is being particularly gay on my free time), I don't have much time.

Also, as far as all this arguing goes, I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it until you muthaf#$^%s get the message:

Texas keeps on ****** the hell out of us all... until one of you *****es wins a tournament against them, I don't want to hear **** about who's better than who, because WE ALL F$%^ING SUCK.

Although, on that note, I will say I predict some major upsets at OHSNAP3... Some of y'all ****** are gonna get your feelings hurt and your ***** *****... HARD.
EVENT 51 hard.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Alex, thats actually what I heard about your grab, pretty **** good. I dunno who Ill use against you, probably ICies, Jiggs, Fox (he sucks), Ganon, Doc, Maybe marth and Maybe sheik, those are probably my worst characaters.

Bryan, those were the moves that sheiks abuse *cough*drephen*cough*. Too good, we must play soon! Also, is it possible for your mom to pay for the room via credit card on da phone? I can give you the money, but driving to edmond, to norman, back to my house to play smash, then back to edmond, then BACK to okc...Dude, thats really gonna kill my gas.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
South Paw's rules of who will win: (In order)

1. Tournament experience
2. Character Matchup
3. Tech Skill/Mindgames
4. Tricksies/General game knowlege
I have about one or 2 of those, I guess I should get to work...

WE ALL F$%^ING SUCK.
Sadly yes, but we MIGHT win now that there aren't gonna be a whole lot of pros there...
right... :confused:

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Anyway, I learned some facts of life on my trip:
-My mouth ALWAYS opens when I fall asleep.
-Everyone in Kansas has a basement in their house.
-Everyone in the Midwest wears their glasses thick.
-Pikachu players are crazy hippies.
-Sheik is able to dodge and attack out of things too quickly (err, maybe that's not exactly a fact of life <.<).

Gravity

Smash Ace
well, ill only be afraid of alex once he masters taunt to fair. or possibly chain to fair. jk, but srsly, im looking forward to fighting you and brett...
with all this "****" and "**** candy" stuff going around and all.

also, coty if you go to chris's house theres a chance i could go to...and since everyone knows im the best*, i dont see why you would pass taht up...

also, im gonna agree with brandon, 100% of oklahomans at ohsnap are not going to do as well as they hope. 75% of them will take it bad. these are my projections anyway...

*your mileage may vary

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
I don't know magnet hands, I think wut? might be able to take us...
I still want some sort of a prep for ohsnap...

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Seems I'll need a partner then, any takers? Also Coty just a heads up, I've moved back into my parents house to get ready to go to College, so if you wanted to stop by, thats probably where I'd be. Unless you want to meet at Babac's sometime this week.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
I'll team with you chris! i think it would be fun! :-D

and yes, i heard about you moving back, i hope it's going well

so yes, SP will be at ohsnap... sorry everybody... or at least... sorry babac

Gravity

Smash Ace
if you could arrange something for FIRDAY i could go, possbibly TUESDAY as well, but not until 3-5 ish...

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
Man. After hearing about the stuff that that my family is gonna do these next two weeks, chances of me going to OHSNAP just went down. I don't know how much, but there's still hope for me!

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Dont worry, as long as the LVL9 ganon Im probably gonna end up teaming with, because it will be awesome, will be MORE than enough to beat you and chris, especially since my jiggs ownz you already.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Dont worry, as long as the LVL9 ganon Im probably gonna end up teaming with, because it will be awesome, will be MORE than enough to beat you and chris, especially since my jiggs ownz you already.
There's a secret to beating level 9s...
It's very intricate and difficult to pull of but it's quick to pull off and it can end in an easy 4 stock...
Contradictions aside, if you want to learn it I'll tell you through the magic of PM.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
back when i had smash i would play against lvl 9 computers for hours on end. So i could 4-stock lvl 9 computers, but not anybody that actually plays.

The Big Cheese

Smash Rookie
lvl 9 computers are just frustrating to me. they're too good at grabbing and powershielding. and their gameplay is just too unorthodox. i dont think you're gonna get much better by playing them, its just dumb. it'd just get you ready for playing against really bad kids who know nothing about the game.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Man. After hearing about the stuff that that my family is gonna do these next two weeks, chances of me going to OHSNAP just went down. I don't know how much, but there's still hope for me!
Aww, dude, hope you can make it. We don't get to see you around much :(

So, have any of you heard of or played the game Cave Story? It's pretty awesome, especially for being a free download.
If anybody is a fan of old school 2D action games, definitely give this a try! Or even if you've never played a game before, it's really good.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
im moving to kansas...well i technically already have...this wknd will b the last time ill be in OK....im gonna try and make it to OHSNAP but no promises....

thechubbss12

Smash Cadet
LOL what a nooblet move to kanasas LOL... Wow i just lost a crutial Crew member not to mention my team mate LOL....

I might be the only person from the Moore crew makeing it to OHSNAP3......

Top Bottom