• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Needless to say I did not go gun-ho on the Precis and get it done in 3 hours. I have not even started yet. You all can pester chit-chat with me at the malt shop tonight though like you did last semester.

I can do things Wednesday night. Class until 7:30 tomorrow and work at 8 on Tuesday. Need that money for the 3DS and to lose at MMs, ya know.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Hey, Battle to End Hunger 2 is THIS weekend in Lawrence

If you guys are gonna come up, I can do housing and I'm like 5 minutes from the Venue. Just VM me and we'll work it out

I hope to see you there :)

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
BTEH2 is standard unity so MK is legal

That MK Banned one is going to be down the line. My primary sponsor had health issues and has been kinda incommunicado so I'm working on making sure he's still on board before I do anything announcement wise

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Can't go to BEH2. Boss is refusing to let anyone who has a shift Saturday get out of it because of the ball game, and I have a 2-7 shift.

There's still HOBO though.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
So I'm going to be making a drive to Arizona soon. And I will probably be stopping in Oklahoma even though it's not really on my way.

Would anybody like to house me for an evening? I can pay with SMASH.

Probably this Wednseday night.

DualCats

Smash Ace
So I'm going to be making a drive to Arizona soon. And I will probably be stopping in Oklahoma even though it's not really on my way.

Would anybody like to house me for an evening? I can pay with SMASH.

Probably this Wednseday night.
I can house you. I'll have to run it by my roommate first but I'm certain he'll be fine with it.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I'm in Norman which is technically between OKC and Dallas. This is also where the majority of OK smashers tend to congregate.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Well, I know where I want to be on Wednesday night.

Also, we should start taking recordings with actual recording software and uploading it to Youtube (unless this is what you have been doing and we were just both too drunk to communicate about it effectively so I misunderstood); the recordings taken by Ustream don't seem to be very watchable. I'm planning on getting an external hard drive for my Windows 7 partition this semester, so I can help bear the burden that such recordings create on disk space, as well as help with editing and uploading.

Also, I'm probably going to get a haircut today, so prepare yourselves.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I think Karl did record them to his harddrive, it's just that he didn't upload them yet.

STILL WAITING.

Also I'm probably gonna smash tomorrow then, might show up afternoon-ish? And I'm getting all my computer parts probably on Thursday :D

STARCRAFT II ON HIGHEST

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
So, what time should I arrive? Also, a PM with address would be cool too.

I'm leaving Thursday morning so I may be a lamebutt and fall asleep while people are still playing Smash.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
One thing I've noticed about Ustream, though, is that the frame rate is worse (lower) the longer a recording is. So like, to make practical use of that feature, we'd want to record every game/set separately. However, one thing that kind of sucks about this, aside from the extra effort required, is that Ustream doesn't seem to have a very good organizational framework for its videos, so one would end up with just a long, cluttered list of videos to navigate through. The framerate on longer videos drops so low that they become practically unwatchable, though, so this seems to be the only practical use of Ustream's recording feature.

If the video capture can be used as a webcam input on Youtube, it might be practical just to have videos uploaded live to Youtube, at least for friendlies and things of that nature.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I honestly think the reason why though is cause the school's internet and the apartment internet sucks.

Cause I watch a lot of livestream gaming on ustream, and it's never really that bad.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
I wouldn't call the wifi that uploads my half gig vids in about 6 minutes bad. It just has a horrible ping. Ustream is horrible most places unless you manage to get ahold of your own server for a little bit, which I'm sure VGBootcamp has no problem doing at big events like Ktar, and even then it can get laggy at times.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
That could be it. When Ustream records, does it record what it streams? If so, a slow internet connection would definitely be a prime culprit. Actually, even if it can just record things from a source, if it processes and stores video as it happens (that is, taking a sample of whatever it is currently being fed as soon as it processes the last sample it took, as opposed to sampling what it was actually fed immediately following the sample it just finished processing) then internet connection speed would still be an issue. If Youtube uses such a process, then we would presumably encounter the same issues with it as we do with Ustream. Youtube might use a better system, though, so I think it'd be worth trying, assuming we can feed it a video capture.

DualCats

Smash Ace
So, what time should I arrive? Also, a PM with address would be cool too.

I'm leaving Thursday morning so I may be a lamebutt and fall asleep while people are still playing Smash.
Any time, really. I'm currently unemployed and will be home mostly all day.

I honestly think the reason why though is cause the school's internet and the apartment internet sucks.

Cause I watch a lot of livestream gaming on ustream, and it's never really that bad.
This. Campus internet is worthless.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
University Greens internet works fine for me :)

Congratulations, Yawara!

Now to see if I can get date with this girl in my History Sleuth class and go to a football game or go to dinner (Saturday shift this week is damn awkward, lol). Funny thing is that she's also from Seminole, and I swear I heard her name before, so maybe we went to the same junior college or we took the same Pharmacy class.

Jity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitty_009
3DS FC
2363-6509-4817
I'd invite myself along (With permission, of course,) were it not for early classes the next day.

Eventually. Eventually I shall make my appearance.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
So that musical piece I was trying to identify this weekend turned out to be Brahms's Hungarian Dance No. 5.

Also, congratulations, Yawara! I don't know who or what the Green Machine is, but I'm nonetheless sure that the both of you will be very happy together for many years to come, or at least until you drink all of it (I think I know what it is now).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
YO

YAWARA MOON WALK WHILE COOKING MM

I will **** ON YOUR DREAMS

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Sometimes I feel like Liszt's pieces are too much aurally (it's kinda the same with Scriabin), but I do enjoy him a **** ton more than Brahms.

I just feel like everyone in that era around Chopin were too dedicated towards technicality than pure aesthetic which is what makes it more difficult for me to listen to over all.

I would like to clarify that I do love Yundi Li though.

And Bobby, all I do when I cook is moonwalk and Charleston so CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! I'll meet you at Kitchen Stadium.

Now I just need someone to shout the secret ingredient.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yo so like no one misunderstands, I'm not actually engaged. <_<

Also I don't Charleston when I cook. Exposed.

Top Bottom